sneaker net with git sources
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadicME
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: sneaker net with git sources Reply with quote

I'm getting the hang of operating a sneaker net to upgrade multiple systems offline. However, I ran into a problem the other day when I tried to upgrade osm2pgsql-99999999. Of course I was able to upgrade this package fine on my sneaker system when connected to the internet. I also did an emerge --sync at the same time. When I got home I did an emerge --sync on one of the other systems (configured to sync from the sneaker system). Then I rsynced (with options: auvHogr) /usr/portage/distfiles/egit-src/osm2pgsql.git on the sneaker system over to the other system. After updating /etc/portage/package/package.accept_keywords to use the testing version. I emerged osm2pgsql. The response I received:

Quote:

fatal: Unable to look up github.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)
* ERROR: sci-geosciences/osm2pgsql-99999999::gentoo failed (unpack phase):
* git-2_update_repo: can't update from git://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql.git

Is there another step with git sources that needs to be done to force the system to use the source version that is in the /usr/portage/distfiles/egit-src/osm2pgsql.git directory rather than trying to download the source again (which is not possible since this system is not connected).

Thanks,
John
Hu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The build system wants to check to see if even newer revisions are available. Export EVCS_OFFLINE=1 to prevent this.
nomadicME
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Hu. That did the trick.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: