Spidermonkey-17 on PPC64/64UL
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azurael
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Spidermonkey-17 on PPC64/64UL Reply with quote

I'm currently having big issues trying to get =>dev-lang/spidermonkey-17 (currently 17.0.0-r1) installed on the aforementioned PPC64 box. It throws an error: jsval.h:307:13 'jsuword' does not name a type (actually, it doesn't, looking at jsval.h, but I'm no coder.) No issues with older versions of spidermonkey, and no issues building 17 on an otherwise identically configured AMD64 box. I'm currently running a GCC 4.8.1 + LTO configuration, but I've tried building spidermonkey and all its dependencies with 4.7.3-r1 (marked as stable) and LTO off, so I'm lead to believe it's just plain b0rked on PPC64 or somehow on this particular machine.

For the time being, I have it masked along with the latest polkit but I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this (surely I can't be the only one trying to run an up-to-date desktop install on a ppc64 machine with 64-bit userland?)
sethstorm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this might be a couple of months since the last post, I'd like to clarify Azurael's solution.

For those who may be running across this issue, moving down to the highest unmasked packages for spidermonkey, polkit, and consolekit should make things work.

As of this writing (12/05/2013), I have the following entries in /etc/portage/package.mask:
Code:

>=dev-lang/spidermonkey-17.0.0-r1
>=sys-auth/polkit-0.112
>=sys-auth/consolekit-0.4.5_p20120320-r2

So far, this works on GCC 4.7.3 without LTO (my configuration).
Azurael
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Gnome 3.10 (Or was it 3.8?) installed on the machine at the point when I wrote the OP, I'm trying to get a clean install set up on the machine since I've been having a tour of the other ppc distros in the meantime (they all suck!) I can't remember how I did that now, since Gnome seems to depend on Spidermonkey-17? Any clues? I seem to recall I actually patched it and got it to build in the end.

Is there even a bug filed for this? I can't find one... It's been a pretty long standing issue now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: