View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: [solved] plasma-nm kde automounter and stoped to work Reply with quote

Hi

Several weeks ago both plasma-nm and the kde automounter had stoped to work. plasma-nm applet says that NetworkManager is found but does not show any connection (the same problems appears with the old networkmanagement applet) while the automonter shows the devices but it is unable to mount anything (it is shown a message saying that the devices cannot be mount).

Both NetworkManager and mount are working (I have mastering nmcli in the mean time and I can also mount usb disk by hand perfectly). I am starting to suspect that it is a polkit problem. I have recompiled all polkit related thing (polkit polkit-kde-agent polkit-qt) without luck. I have search .xsession-errors and dmesg for any hint but the only message related to this issue that I have found is

Code:

plasma-desktop(2357)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
file:///usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/DeviceItem.qml:67: TypeError: Result of expression 'notifierDialog.highlightItem' [null] is not an object.
plasma-desktop(2357)/plasma StatusNotifierItemSource::refreshCallback: DBusMenu disabled for this application

that does not provide me any help :( Have anyone any idea to what it is happening? or where I can find any other hints?

Thanks in advance

[solved] It seems that consolekit is not optional is you use plasma-nm or networkmanagement.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: