View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Icon strangeness Reply with quote

I've been using the elementary-icon-theme and it's been working great. All of a sudden I'm missing some icons and some look to be lower quality versions of the ones that were there before. If I switch back to the GNOME icon theme, all is well. I've been experimenting with the latest gnome packages from the gnome-next overlay. Does anyone know which package upgrade might cause something like this?
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know when it happened you could investiage yourself manually e.g.

Code:
tail -1000 /var/log/emerge.log

Important you need to know when it worked. Than you could downgrade those updated packages until you find the culprit.

I know some icon themes do not have all icons so the standard icons are used afaik.
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely, my wife has the same laptop I have and she's using the same packages I am and her system doesn't have this problem. Can I pick a particular icon and figure out why it isn't displaying? For example, the edit-find icon doesn't appear for the Application Finder launcher in the xfce4 panel when using the "elementary" icon theme but it does appear when using the "GNOME" icon theme. It works fine under those condition on my wife's laptop. How can I figure out what would cause that?
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guesses could be config file issue, try with a new user with a clean home directory. Could be a display resolution thing, does these two computers have the same display resolution in use?
grant123
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're right. It's probably something in .config. Any idea which folders I could delete to get a fresh start in this regard?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: