Bluetooth headset
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Bluetooth headset Reply with quote

Yesterday I bought a bluetooth headset with microphone, hoping I could use it for skype calls. That was probably naive of me though, as I've been unable to get the microphone to work.
I can play music through the headset using mplayer and pulseaudio, both in A2DP and HSP/HFP profiles, but using it in skype with A2DP disables the microphone (as expected I suppose), and trying with HSP/HFP I get no sound at all in skype, neither input nor output.
The headset gets picked up by pulseaudio, but not by alsa. I've made an .asound file in my home dir containing the following:
Code:
pcm.bluetooth {
        type bluetooth
        device 00:1A:7D:10:72:B1
profile "auto"
}

Also, I've added
Code:
Enable=Socket

to /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf

Does anyone have a working bt headset with skype? I know from googling that it should be possible, the question is how?
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth headset Reply with quote

KLarsen wrote:
I've made an .asound file in my home dir

Do you mean .asoundrc ? It is the good file name. Check if you have an /etc/adound.conf that can modify the beahavior of your .asoundrc

To disable Pulseaudio without stop it's service or uninstall it, I use an /etc/asound.conf (can be $HOME/.asoundrc) with
Code:

pcm.!default {
   type  hw
   card 1
}

pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

pcm.dmixer  {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
      channels 6
      buffer_size 4096
      buffer_time 0
      pcm "hw:1,0"
      period_size 1024
      period_time 0
      rate 48000
   }
   bindings {
      0 0
      1 1
   }
}

ctl.dmixer {
   type hw
   card 1
}

ctl.!default {
   type hw           
   card 1
}

My sound card is 1. This must be adapt to the number of your sound card according to
Code:
aplay -l

KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant .asoundrc

I tried changing my .asoundrc to what you posted, though it didn't make any difference. Also, I don't have a /etc/asound.conf file, should I?

I am wondering if the problem isn't with Skype, as when I run
Code:
mplayer -ao alsa:device=bluetooth somemusicfile.mp3

from the terminal I do get sound in the headset. I haven't found any way to test the mike, though, Audacity doesn't allow me to select pulseaudio, and the "bluetooth" device above isn't available either.

Any and all help would be much appreciated, as at this point it seems my bluetooth headset simply doesn't work with Gentoo, and if I can't get it to work I guess I'll have to try and sell it and buy a none-bluetooth, but wireless headset.

EDIT: I just noticed that I have these errors in /var/log/messages:
Code:
Oct 13 19:34:27 unicorn kernel: [  209.088306] ehci_hcd 0000:00:1a.0: iso resched full ffff8801d313f600 (n
ow 173 max 8365)
Oct 13 19:34:27 unicorn kernel: [  209.088312] Bluetooth: hci0 urb ffff8801d313f600 submission failed (28)
Oct 13 19:34:27 unicorn bluetoothd[2285]: /org/bluez/2275/hci0/dev_00_1A_7D_10_72_B1/fd0: fd(29) ready
halj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably too late now, but if you're running a Broadcom BT adapter, the issue could be firmware. I'm using a BCM20702A0, and I wasn't able to get any audio in or out from my headset in HSP/HFP mode. The headset would show up in my pulse mixer, but no levels were being displayed. I fixed it by booting up a VBox windows instance and running the Broadcom software from their website. I had some success using brcm_patchram_plus_usb on Arch, but I haven't worked it out on Gentoo yet.
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but I sold my BT headset to a friend when I couldn't get it to work. I'm now using skype on my android phone instead.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: