2013-09: Wine 1.7.1/Wine-9999 Patches and libxml2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: 2013-09: Wine 1.7.1/Wine-9999 Patches and libxml2 Reply with quote

Hello!

I want to use some Wine-Patches that Stefan Dösinger had create and described in this Bugreport on bugs.winehq.org No 11674, Comment 317. On wines mailing list, he notes about D3D command stream patches for testing.

Of cause i could download and compile/fatch libxml2 and libxstl in users directory. But just exchange the final compiled files libexslt.so.0.8.17 libxml2.so.2.8.0 libxslt.so.1.1.28 is not enough. I also download the libxml2-devel Packages. Seems that i made something wrong or missed some pyhton-related packages.

So my configure Step of wine still say the versions are to old or did not fit each other. Thought this is the quick and dirty way because

Stefan Dösinger wrote:
I've solved that Gentoo problem by compiling an up-to-date libxml2 by hand and
installing it to /usr/lib32. That is a better solution IMO.

Now I'll try to modify these ebuilds and create a local overlay for libxml2-devel, libxml2 and libxslt. And here is my main-question. Gentoo have no libxml2-devel Package?
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, since Gentoo will compile all the stuff and other Linux distributions don't i suppose that the libxml2 and libxslt ebuilds handle the libxml2-devel part. But i can not rewrite the actual ebuilds myself to use the up to date git repository of these packages.

Seems that i have to wait till wine 1.7.1 is in portage.

Edit: Thank you very much Alexandre Rostovtsev and Austin English, I am patient.

bug 483276 --> app-emulation/wine-1.7.1 bump
bug 482038 --> app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs - update dev-libs/libxml2
PaulBredbury
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arch thread has info about the patches.
haarp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled 1.7.1 by undoing the commit that broke it:
http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commitdiff/db79c6bd89345a8e8016b56c3f04995a3d0bb410

It works very well with the D3D patches now.
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much haarp! Apparently i missed that clear solution at the thought of an update on libxml2.

Never thought that an update in Gentoo of these two packages will be so intractable. But hey if the libxml2 and libxml2-devel Project Pages which got rarely new packages and have 32bit and 64bit Versions. Just for parsing and creating xml files! I underestimate the complexity/dependency.

I started with the thought "copy an X.dll or Xlib-File into /usr/lib32/" to fix this. Patching wine before compilation is great :D
Mepho
Arch/Herd Tester
Arch/Herd Tester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: github repo w/ integrated patches Reply with quote

Integrated patches into my github repo, if anyone is interested, pull from here:
https://github.com/tpruzina/wine-1.7.1-d3dstream_patches-gentoo_compat_patches

Note for amd64 users: you can build 32/64bit via small bash script in root (to install, just cd wine32 && make install && cd ../wine64 && make install):
https://github.com/tpruzina/wine-1.7.1-d3dstream_patches-gentoo_compat_patches/blob/master/build_install_gentoo_amd64.sh
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I've been using the FireBurn Overlay. Has a newer build of libxml2 (possibly with just that offending commit removed)... Anyway using this Overlay works fine for me - when building Wine >=1.7.1... The guy maintaining the Overlay seems to be quite helpful as well...

Bob
Linubie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New ebuilds are avaiable for wine -1.7.3 and -9999, but with a lot of blockers if you are mainly compile with stable partage branch.
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mepho, BobWya and Linubie!

The suggested wine3d-Patches by Stefan Dösinger working nice, still just a little unstable. Since i am not sure if his Patches work with wine 1.7.4 too i just use two different Versions of wine, that one in Portage and for testing the manual updated, patched and compiled Version in my Users directory. Since the official wine branch got more updates then these pages topically ill i did not need an overlay.
Greens
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same bug when I tried to compile wine myself on amd64 and was installing other versions of libxml2 and wondering why it wouldn't work.

Think it was only this package that needed to be updated, or at least one of the emul-linux-86-* packages.

http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs

Forgot that wine is a 32bit only program, and I think that's why it didn't matter what version of 64bit libxml2 I had.
Linubie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have not managed to compile the latest wine, because of the already mentioned blockers, can someone post me the packages.keywords /packages.use, that is enabling me to successfully compile latest wine in testing branch ?

Sorry for asking and thank you ;O)
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell how to compile Wine .1.7.1 and apply those patches ? I really need this ... thanks
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haarp, I have downloaded your git repo zip file and then I execute the script you provided for AMD64 users, but I get this when I compile :

make: *** No rule to make target `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe.spec', needed by `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/libntoskrnl.exe.def'. Stop.

I have installed the libs that you commented are needed to complie, but I am probably missing something !

Thanks
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

chromaf wrote:
Haarp, I have downloaded your git repo zip file and then I execute the script you provided for AMD64 users, but I get this when I compile :

make: *** No rule to make target `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe.spec', needed by `dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/libntoskrnl.exe.def'. Stop.

I have installed the libs that you commented are needed to complie, but I am probably missing something !

Thanks

You certainly are missing something there!

Specifically, dlls/ntoskrnl.exe/, which is nowhere to be found on the sources mentioned above. I can't think of a reason for the why, perhaps I'm just doing it wrong, but I see some other things there that I suspect will lead into a failed build even if one were to get the missing files from another source.

Whether or not you're interested, here's exactly what I meant by using git in my earlier posts.

First, see: http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine

Read at least some of it, if you haven't before, and after you have successfully cloned yourself a copy of the tree, cd to the path you cloned Wine to, and use

Code:
git checkout wine-1.7.1

This will wind back the tree to the state it was at the time of the 1.7.1 release, and is thus ready to receive the patch-set.

Next, you can use something like

Code:
for i in /path/where/you/have/them/patches/at/*.patch; do patch -p1 < $i; done

to apply the patches. Not exactly git-like, I maybe guess, but it gets the job done. I think.

Then it's time for configure and make to take over. Assuming you don't need WoW64, simple

Code:
./configure && make -jX

should do (where in -jX the X is a number around the amount of physical CPUs (this will make the build go quite a bit more quick if you have more than 1 core)).

For WoW64 set-up (which I believe the script in the sources mentioend does), see: http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64

Just some sleepy thoughts (sorry for any possible mistakes, lurking).
I hope they be helpful for someone, somehow.

Oh and if the libxml2 issue is still an issue (I think the fix is only in 'unstable' at the time of writing), either use the patch available in the sources that has been mentioned by others, or use the one below, which I created some time ago for people at Wine AppDB.

Simply paste the contents of this (http://bpaste.net/show/130852/) into a file, then (at the top-level of the Wine git clone's path) use the patch command:

Code:
patch -p1 < what-ever-you-named-the-file.patch

Edit:

I should add that all this wont install Wine (I generally keep Wine installed via Portage, so I suggest running Wine from source in this case). That is, you would need to include the path to the Wine you built from git to use it.

Using the current interest of chromaf as an example:

Code:
cd "$HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile"
$HOME/wine-git/wine PathofExile.exe

I would also use a custom prefix, instead of the default $HOME/.wine path.

Furthermore, the examples assume a 32-bit Wine prefix, so adjust accordingly to thy needs.
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ! I made it to compile it on 64bit compat mode ... but now I don't have regedit or winecfg .... where are the tools bins supossed to be ? Oh and ... creating wine prefix doesn't work as usual, should I do it from the source too ? It doesn't seems to work ...

EDIT : Nevermind, I just installed it, as later I can just uninstall it with make uninstall .... Now I'm recreating all the prefixes ... I hope this works ...

Thanks !!!
_______0
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New games relying on dx11 has killed the magic of wine, saddly.

Checking winehq no new games are no longer playabel.

Anybody knows what's the state of dx11/dx11.1 in wine?

I mean I don't mind playing dx9 games for a while, mass effect2 looks nice, with wine we are cut out from new things.
chromaf
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Path of Exile. It's nice. It's the alternative to diablo 3, free to play and works great on Wine. My username is ChargedSoul if you want to add me.

Cheers !
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chromaf wrote:
but now I don't have regedit or winecfg .... where are the tools bins supossed to be ?

Using the example paths from above:

Code:
$HOME/wine-git/programs/winecfg/winecfg.exe.so
$HOME/wine-git/programs/regedit/regedit.exe.so

Usage:

Code:
$HOME/wine-git/wine winecfg
$HOME/wine-git/wine regedit

chromaf wrote:
Oh and ... creating wine prefix doesn't work as usual, should I do it from the source too ? It doesn't seems to work ...

Not sure how it wasn't working exactly, but using a prefix would be as per usual:

Code:
WINEPREFIX=/path/to/prefix $HOME/wine-git/wine application

_______0 wrote:
Anybody knows what's the state of dx11/dx11.1 in wine?

I think this might summarise the current state rather well:
For d3dx10, a few more commits exist:
They're very much not ready, or even functional, and I believe it's actually not a high priority. Don't quote me on that, though, as I can't remember the discussion I'm thinking of too well right now...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: