View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: The British War on Women Reply with quote

Quote:
The global gap between men and women has narrowed slightly, according to a report published by the World Economic Forum (WEF). Britain remains in 18th position out of 136 countries, behind Cuba, Lesotho and South Africa.
Quote:
Despite a significant improvement in the majority of countries sampled, the UK’s score has barely changed since the first report was compiled in 2006. In fact, the Guardian reports that the country has received “a lower score for political empowerment [resulting in] a slight fall in gender equality since David Cameron became prime minister”.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/world-news/55765/world-gender-gap-narrows-britain-static
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vaginoplasty is the best bet to narrow a woman's gap.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://largelabiaproject.org/ <--- nsfw
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loose lips sink ships.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFW summary

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
brits on 18, USA on 23. So if there is a 'british war on women' what do you call the US shenanigans? gynocide?

Tu Quoque, right Naib? Zomg. :roll:
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

no,
Matthew 7.3:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

sikpuppy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

no,
Matthew 7.3:
"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
Yay. Jesus made a joke.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Jesus was into tu quoque, as was whoever came up with "don't throw stones in a glass house" and "pot calling the kettle black".

while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

while technically a tu quoque (every time i see that i think toque), your entire omission of context suggests that the UK are somehow particularly bad about warring against women. So, energyman's comment stands.

You have missed my point entirely.

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

The point here was to demonstrate (primarily to Naib, who is on a "ZOMG Tu Quoque" kick lately) that, while tu quoque is technically a logical fallacy in that it does nothing to refute the initial claim, it is generally found to be a legitimate counter-argument.

Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true). Unfortunately, Naib didn't participate and therefore may not benefit from this learning opportunity.

well, ok. I don't know what you two were discussing where tu quoque was being slung recklessly, so i can't comment. It is a fallacy, but context is needed.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil. That has been refuted showing that among the G20 they aren't so bad at all.

Now to the really interessting point: Germany is the 'best' among the G20 countries. So why is it good for economic success to subjugate women?

Feel free to make suggestions.

Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil.

Where did you get that from? The initial claim was that Britain is not improving, while the world overall is. I equated this to a British War on Women (to elicit a well-justified and useful tu quoque, as a means of demonstrating that tu quoque isn't so illogical after all, compared to nonsense like strawmen such as this and such as come out of Naib's pie-hole every time he opens it). :P

energyman76b wrote:
... among the G20 they aren't so bad at all.

Now to the really interessting point: Germany is the 'best' among the G20 countries. So why is it good for economic success to subjugate women?

ZOMG energyman76b's war on women!
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

if only you used it for clarification of context & so a better understanding of the data was ysed . instead you persistently use such tactics to divert critism away from a topic you are trying to defend
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Unable to parse.

British War on Women. How is it even possible that Britain is making no progress in this regard when you are ruled by a queen? :lol:
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your ex.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your cucumber.
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:

no,
Matthew 7.3:

Jesus was a fictional character conceived by Flavians to subvert jews and pacify the militant resistance movements in Judea.
And all the lemmings who spawned off the roman heritage are still deluded.
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
The initial claim was that the brits are especially evil.

Where did you get that from?

context. You headline singling out britain and calling their ranking a 'war against women'.

wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Ask your cucumber.
Straw man.

OK, I'll ask your ex.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

if only you used it for clarification of context & so a better understanding of the data was ysed . instead you persistently use such tactics to divert critism away from a topic you are trying to defend

No, I persistently use such tactics to say, "shut the fuck up, you're in no position to criticize".
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Naib wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
juniper wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:

No, I persistently use such tactics to say, "shut the fuck up, you're in no position to criticize".

Which is exactly what a tu qouque, thanks for confirming this for all as well as showing you hand at your attempted to mislead others to your true intent.

The fact you see there is a need to tell someone to shut the fuck up AND as justification to dispatch a tu quoque is equally concerning. We are all in a position to criticize a topic at hand in its current context. NONE of us were involved in any of what has been discussed; if you were and thus slightly justifying the childish reactions you have, then you are a bigger pillock than I have given you credit for
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and use your brain rather than mindlessly spewing redundant hot air. As I said earlier:
Quote:
Yes, it was something of a trap and not very nice, but it does make the point. Unlike a strawman, which is a complete failure as an argument, the tu quoque at least succeeds in pointing out that the other party lacks the standing to make their argument (even if it is true).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: