Joined: 09 Dec 2006
Location: Goose Creek SC
|Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 am Post subject:
|The words of warning assign you the task of preventing unsafe deletions.
* Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
* mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
* be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
* `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are listed in
* package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
* depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
* As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
* unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved. As a
* consequence, it is often necessary to run `emerge --update
* --newuse --deep @world` prior to depclean.
Defund the FCC.