Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved]Get errors when emerging net-mail/courier-imap
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xuleit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: [solved]Get errors when emerging net-mail/courier-imap Reply with quote

I am emerging qmail following the steps in this thread.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/qmail-howto.xml

Error encountered when emerging net-mail/courier-imap

#emerge net-mail/courier-imap

.
.
.
Compiling authtest.c
Compiling authenumerate.c
Compiling authpasswd.c
CONFIG_FILES=authlib.3 CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
Linking libcourierauth.la
config.status: creating authlib.3
config.status: executing depfiles commands
Linking courierauthconfig
Linking authmksock
Linking libcourierauthsasl.la
Linking libcourierauthsaslclient.la
Linking libcourierauthcommon.la
Linking authtest
Linking authenumerate
Linking libauthuserdb.la
Linking libauthpam.la
Linking libauthshadow.la
Linking libauthmysql.la
nm: libmisc.a: File format not recognized
nm: libmisc.a: File format not recognized
nm: libmisc.a: File format not recognized
nm: libmisc.a: File format not recognized
/usr/lib/libshadow.a: member /usr/lib/libshadow.a(libmisc.a) in archive is not an object
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libauthpam.la] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
/usr/lib/libshadow.a: member /usr/lib/libshadow.a(libmisc.a) in archive is not an object
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libauthshadow.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-libs/courier-authlib-0.58 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 101, Exitcode 2
!!! Compile problem
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.


can somebody help me?
thank you very much.


Last edited by xuleit on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gotcrax
n00b
n00b


Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i'm having a problem with Courier-authlib too ... anybody care to help ??? ... I configured Qmail and it worx fine and i also config'd vpopmail ... but authlib is pissing me off ... any suggestions ???



Quote:
checking if the C++ compiler needs -fhandle-exceptions... no
configure: creating ./config.status
/bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing depfiles commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
cd . && /bin/sh /var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/missing --run autoheader
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
make all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
Compiling bdbobj.c
Compiling bdbobj2.c
Compiling bdbobj3.c
Compiling testbdb.C
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
Linking libbdbobj.la
Linking testbdb
./.libs/libbdbobj.a(bdbobj.o): In function `.L11':
bdbobj.c:(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `db_create'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [testbdb] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-libs/courier-authlib-0.58 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1527: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 931: Called src_compile
courier-authlib-0.58.ebuild, line 101: Called die

!!! Compile problem
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xuleit
n00b
n00b


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

compile successfully on AMD64 system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
duby2291
Guru
Guru


Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Posts: 426

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcrax wrote:
Hey i'm having a problem with Courier-authlib too ... anybody care to help ??? ... I configured Qmail and it worx fine and i also config'd vpopmail ... but authlib is pissing me off ... any suggestions ???



Quote:
checking if the C++ compiler needs -fhandle-exceptions... no
configure: creating ./config.status
/bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing depfiles commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
cd . && /bin/sh /var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/missing --run autoheader
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
make all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
Compiling bdbobj.c
Compiling bdbobj2.c
Compiling bdbobj3.c
Compiling testbdb.C
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
Linking libbdbobj.la
Linking testbdb
./.libs/libbdbobj.a(bdbobj.o): In function `.L11':
bdbobj.c:(.text+0xe4): undefined reference to `db_create'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [testbdb] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: net-libs/courier-authlib-0.58 failed.
Call stack:
ebuild.sh, line 1527: Called dyn_compile
ebuild.sh, line 931: Called src_compile
courier-authlib-0.58.ebuild, line 101: Called die

!!! Compile problem
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.


I got exactly this same error.... I'm on AMD64....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
maxxla
n00b
n00b


Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi duby2291,

Had the same error before. Try a
Code:
emerge gdbm


first and then emerge courier-autlib. Worked fine for me.

Regards from Germany
Max
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marcion
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 158
Location: England

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxxla wrote:

Had the same error before. Try a
Code:
emerge gdbm


first and then emerge courier-autlib. Worked fine for me.


I had the same problem and this fix worked for me too.

The problem occured in 0.58 and 0.57-r2, both tried on x86.

From http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/?INSTALL.html
Quote:

Dependencies

...If the configure script detects that certain optional software components are installed, additional authentication modules will be built and installed. This chapter describes what needs to be installed in order to build the optional authentication modules....

GDBM or Berkeley DB library - The userdb authentication module will be built if either library is installed. The userdb authentication module includes Perl scripts that maintain a list of available accounts in plain text files. A Perl script then compiles the account list into a binary database, either GDBM or DB, which is then used to look up account information.


I logged it as https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=137820 and then found it had already been logged here:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=113975

(It was also logged as
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=137157
)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feystorm
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, having the exact same problem here too. tried the above solution, but it didnt work. any other ideas?

Code:
checking for db_create_4002 in -ldb-4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4001 in -ldb-4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4000 in -ldb-4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4002 in -ldb4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4001 in -ldb4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4000 in -ldb4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.2... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4002 in -ldb42... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4001 in -ldb42... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4000 in -ldb42... (cached) no
checking for db_create in -ldb42... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4002 in -ldb-4.1... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4001 in -ldb-4.1... (cached) yes
checking for db_create_4002... (cached) no
checking for db_create_4001... (cached) yes
checking for db_create_4000... (cached) no
checking for db_create... (cached) no
checking for limits.h... (cached) yes
checking for fcntl.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking if the C++ compiler needs -fhandle-exceptions... no
configure: creating ./config.status
 /bin/sh ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing depfiles commands
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
cd . && /bin/sh /var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/missing --run autoheader
rm -f stamp-h1
touch config.h.in
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status config.h
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
make  all-am
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/courier-authlib-0.58/work/courier-authlib-0.58/bdbobj'
Compiling bdbobj.c
Compiling bdbobj2.c
Compiling testbdb.C
Compiling bdbobj3.c
Linking libbdbobj.la
Linking testbdb
./.libs/libbdbobj.a(bdbobj.o): In function `.L10':
bdbobj.c:(.text+0xf6): undefined reference to `db_create'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [testbdb] Error 1


Code:
[ebuild   R   ] net-libs/courier-authlib-0.58  +berkdb* +crypt -debug -gdbm +ldap +mysql +pam -postgres 0 kB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feystorm
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 29 Jan 2004
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the issue to my problem. Apparently I had 2 versions of the "db" package installed (4.1 and 4.3), and that was messing it up. Unmerged the older of the 2 versions, tried to emerge courier-imap again, and it went just fine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peach
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 08 Mar 2003
Posts: 3674
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the very same problem on my amd64 system: disinstalling the previous version of db did it :)

thanks for this solution.
_________________
Gentoo user since 2004.
"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye" - mom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
libertytrek
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 252

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcion wrote:
maxxla wrote:

Had the same error before. Try a
Code:
emerge gdbm


first and then emerge courier-autlib. Worked fine for me.


I had the same problem and this fix worked for me too.

Same here - but a question...

Is gdbm better to use than berkdb? Whats the difference? This same bug prevented me from upgrading Courier-Imap... whats up with the berkdb dependency problem?

I guess what I'm asking is, should I change the berkdb USE flag pref globally to gdbm?

Thanks...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jwdonal
n00b
n00b


Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

feystorm wrote:
Found the issue to my problem. Apparently I had 2 versions of the "db" package installed (4.1 and 4.3), and that was messing it up. Unmerged the older of the 2 versions, tried to emerge courier-imap again, and it went just fine.


I had this exact same problem as well and uninstalling the older versions of db did the trick. I had versions installed all the way back to version 1.8.X!! Haha, I tried reinstalling courier-imap after uninstalling each one and uninstalling 4.2.X finally did the trick.

THANKS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thenextdon13
n00b
n00b


Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I as well had too many versions installed and didn't know it.(with the same results of failing emerge)
Code:

dylan@BigBox ~ $ sudo equery list  db
 * Searching for db ...
[IP-] [  ] sys-libs/db-4.2.52_p5-r1:4.2
[IP-] [  ] sys-libs/db-4.5.20_p2-r1:4.5
[IP-] [  ] sys-libs/db-4.8.30:4.8


after unmerging the two older versions, everything is fine!
Thanks for having this thread...[/code]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum