Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How can I remove kdenetwork-meta when kde-meta is installed?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flappadap
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: How can I remove kdenetwork-meta when kde-meta is installed? Reply with quote

Hello !

I have the following :

I have KDE installed using kde-meta ... which pulls in kdenetwork-meta which pulls in e.g. kopete.

1) How could I install everything using kde-meta and kdenetwork-meta but without kopete ??
2) Or, how would I do that using kde-meta and removing everything from kdenetwork-meta ?

Didn't find anything regarding a solution ...

Or do I really have to remove the meta packages and install everything manually by hand, if possible at all because some things might depend on the meta packages ??

Thank you !
Robert.

Flappadap.
bandreabis
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

up?
N8Fear
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add it to package.provided
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: How can I remove kdenetwork-meta when kde-meta is instal Reply with quote

flappadap wrote:
1) How could I install everything using kde-meta and kdenetwork-meta but without kopete ??
2) Or, how would I do that using kde-meta and removing everything from kdenetwork-meta ?

Didn't find anything regarding a solution ...

Or do I really have to remove the meta packages and install everything manually by hand, if possible at all because some things might depend on the meta packages ??

Nothing else should depend on a meta-package, apart from another meta-package.

Personally I start with kde-base/startkde and kdelibs/kate, then build up from there, during the install.

You have two options at this point: you can either emerge --noreplace things from kde-meta that you want to keep, and then try: emerge -pCq kde-meta to see if there's anything you missed.

Or you can edit the meta ebuild in a local overlay to remove any deps you don't want. Note that this means you have to keep updating the ebuild every time there's a change to it in the portage tree, so I'd go for the first. (You can mask the main tree variant easily enough, if you do choose this option.)

Good luck :-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: