Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
13 y/o only family survivor of rock slide
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: 13 y/o only family survivor of rock slide Reply with quote

Deputy: Girl who survived rock slide that killed 5 family members says dad used his body to save her

Not in the story yet are that her father, mother, sister (18) and two nephews died. I can't imagine what it will be like for her to deal with that.

Quote:
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. - A Chaffee County deputy says a 13-year-old girl who is the lone survivor of a deadly rock slide told him her father shielded her with his body as the rocks roared down.

The massive rock slide, said to be several football fields long, rumbled down on a group of about six family members hiking at Agnes Vaille Falls around 11 a.m. Monday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said.

_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the family would have survived if they all had guns
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, 'cause they would have been at the shooting range.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Obviously, 'cause they would have been at the shooting range.
Exactly! They would be far safer as well if the government didn't offer any healthcare and stopped asking for taxes for stupid things like roads and welfare
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16090
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mostly, yes. No roads would mean fewer deaths due to vehicle accidents. Not being on welfare would reduce the number of people affected by "welfare" violence. And a botched health system is too big a side topic to address here.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 23 Apr 2004
Posts: 3313

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Mostly, yes. No roads would mean fewer deaths due to vehicle accidents. Not being on welfare would reduce the number of people affected by "welfare" violence. And a botched health system is too big a side topic to address here.
fewer and poor quality roads would also mean criminals would find it more difficult to get to (and away from) places to rob, therefore reducing crime! That would lead to fewer people being shot, less money spent on healthcare and fewer people needing guns!

It's the roads! The roads will solve crime, gun crime, gun control and the healthcare problems! I bet people would make it to church though :evil:
_________________
Since the bible and the church are obviously mistaken about where we came from, how can we trust them with where we're going?

"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" - Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 145

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
the family would have survived if they all had guns


:D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: 13 y/o only family survivor of rock slide Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Deputy: Girl who survived rock slide that killed 5 family members says dad used his body to save her

Not in the story yet are that her father, mother, sister (18) and two nephews died. I can't imagine what it will be like for her to deal with that.

Quote:
CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. - A Chaffee County deputy says a 13-year-old girl who is the lone survivor of a deadly rock slide told him her father shielded her with his body as the rocks roared down.

The massive rock slide, said to be several football fields long, rumbled down on a group of about six family members hiking at Agnes Vaille Falls around 11 a.m. Monday, the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said.

This is obviously due to global warming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sikpuppy
n00b
n00b


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 34
Location: Central Coast, NSW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several football fields long. Sounds serious. More serious than several ping pong tables long, but not as serious as several golf courses long. Just to put it into perspective.

I also like how it rumbled down. Sounds kind of sweet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1553
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The family would have survived if they all had Obamacare and systemd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum