Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Minor Tantrum
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djaqua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Minor Tantrum Reply with quote

I had pretty good luck with tsclient, which allowed me to connect via Windows Terminal Service protocol ... as well as many other supported protocols.

Split from lightewight rep client? as it had devolved into an insult fest. — JRG
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djaqua wrote:
I had pretty good luck with tsclient, which allowed me to connect via Windows Terminal Service protocol ... as well as many other supported protocols.
You resurrected a two year old thread to advocate for a client that was specifically excluded by the OP because of its dependencies.

For the benefit of anyone who happens upon this thread due to the resurrection, net-misc/freerdp also offers support for the Remote Desktop Protocol with relatively few dependencies. I have seen some reports that it interoperates better with recent Windows than does rdesktop.
djaqua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to sound so disappointed; its not that big a deal.

I missed the OP requesting that the client not depend on a desktop environment -- so if my reply had been sooner than later, maybe my inaccurate response would have had an unwanted influence, but I stumbled onto this thread by way of Google, which usually doesn't filter Gentoo forum results by date.

For the record, its f***ing sad that my second post on this forum has to be to defend myself from a snotty .little elitist; the future here looks grim :?
Hu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome to remain and ask questions of your own. The Gentoo forums have a generally good reputation for answers that are timely, relevant, and helpful. Your first post was neither timely nor helpful, so I felt it appropriate to point out that you ought to pay more attention, both to the thread in which you are posting and the nature of the post you tried to answer.

Similarly, you ought to research the history of other posters before you begin throwing labels around. My posts become snippy when dealing with repeatedly uncooperative posters, but I hardly think snotty .little elitist is an accurate way to describe me.
djaqua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
You are welcome to remain and ask questions of your own. The Gentoo forums have a generally good reputation for answers that are timely, relevant, and helpful. Your first post was neither timely nor helpful, so I felt it appropriate to point out that you ought to pay more attention, both to the thread in which you are posting and the nature of the post you tried to answer.

Similarly, you ought to research the history of other posters before you begin throwing labels around. My posts become snippy when dealing with repeatedly uncooperative posters, but I hardly think snotty .little elitist is an accurate way to describe me.

Not to derail the thread here, but at which point was I repeatedly uncooperative in my ~first~ post? I think its a perfectly accurate way to describe you.

As for the topic, I provided the useful tidbit about working with Terminal Services, which is not, apparently, something rdesktop does. Any other "timely, relevant, and helpful" trolling you'd like to get in while you have a chance?
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djaqua wrote:
... the future here looks grim :?

That would be correct. Right now I do not see how someone who has no common sense and is unable to admit to his/her mistakes could fit in here.
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djaqua wrote:
For the record, its f***ing sad that my second post on this forum has to be to defend myself from a snotty .little elitist; the future here looks grim :?
@djaqua, first warning for Forum Guidelines violations. Please remain civil.

- John
djaqua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't admit my mistakes? Is that what I wasn't doing when I admitted that Google didn't sort Gentoo forum results by date? Ohhh ....

Its nice that an "advocate" and a "watchman" (wtf) didn't even notice that this n00bs post was an attempt at a contribution.

I see theres a slew of retards here, so I guess this will be my fairwell post. Since account posts can't be deleted, it looks like my good name will forever be tangled up in this awkward encounter, and I'll suffice to say that while I enjoy the Gentoo operating system, this forum is one of the most hostile places I've ever encountered.

So, good luck to the rest of the n00bs out there, remember to try other forums first!
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djaqua, I can see that my warning and your next post "crossed in the mail" so to speak. Please take a look at the Guidelines (READ BEFORE POSTING) topic before continuing down this path. Civil, professional discourse is a requirement of the Gentoo Forums.

- John
monicajae
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
djaqua wrote:
... the future here looks grim :?

That would be correct. Right now I do not see how someone who has no common sense and is unable to admit to his/her mistakes could fit in here.

Hmm wow THAT wasn't insulting at all.

Hey Jaglover, Guidelines #10. Maybe you can try reading them too. Just sayin *shrug*

Oh, and HU's post is sooo appropriate. Yet you don't address that? Hmmmmmm :roll:

Hypocrites. Why pick on the n00b? Address everyone and "discipline" all as EQUALS

I think this distro is having enough issues keeping users as it is, why make it worse.
8O

Locked as the "civil, professional discourse" point apparently hasn't sunk in. — JRG
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: