Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Minecraft (ebuild to build deps from source!)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launcher doesn't work here. Same error whether using python 2.7 or 3.3.
Code:
Launching game
Looking for old natives to clean up...
Unpacking natives to /home/ant/.minecraft/versions/1.6.2/1.6.2-natives-21629148250997
Launching in /home/ant/.minecraft
Running minecraft-gentoo -Xms192M -Xmx2G -Xincgc -Djava.library.path=/home/ant/.minecraft/versions/1.6.2/1.6.2-natives-21629148250997 -cp /home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/net/sf/jopt-simple/jopt-simple/4.5/jopt-simple-4.5.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/codecjorbis/20101023/codecjorbis-20101023.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/codecwav/20101023/codecwav-20101023.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/libraryjavasound/20101123/libraryjavasound-20101123.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/librarylwjglopenal/20100824/librarylwjglopenal-20100824.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/paulscode/soundsystem/20120107/soundsystem-20120107.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/argo/argo/2.25_fixed/argo-2.25_fixed.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on/1.47/bcprov-jdk15on-1.47.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/google/guava/guava/14.0/guava-14.0.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.1/commons-lang3-3.1.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/commons-io/commons-io/2.4/commons-io-2.4.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/net/java/jinput/jinput/2.0.5/jinput-2.0.5.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/net/java/jutils/jutils/1.0.0/jutils-1.0.0.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.2.2/gson-2.2.2.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/lwjgl/2.9.0/lwjgl-2.9.0.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/lwjgl/lwjgl/lwjgl_util/2.9.0/lwjgl_util-2.9.0.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/versions/1.6.2/1.6.2.jar net.minecraft.client.main.Main --username *** --session token:*** --version 1.6.2 --gameDir /home/ant/.minecraft --assetsDir /home/ant/.minecraft/assets
Client> Traceback (most recent call last):
Client>   File "/usr/games/bin/minecraft-gentoo-python2.7", line 110, in <module>
Client>     manager = EnvironmentManager(os.getenv("ROOT", ""), os.getenv("EPREFIX", ""))
Client> TypeError: __call__() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)
Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:

Pull down the latest update. It is due to an older version of java-config but I've fixed this already.
ibrunton
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi wrote:
Ant P. wrote:

Pull down the latest update. It is due to an older version of java-config but I've fixed this already.

How does one get the latest update? I ran `layman --sync ALL` today and re-emerged minecraft, but I still get the same error that Ant P. just posted.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ibrunton wrote:
How does one get the latest update? I ran `layman --sync ALL` today and re-emerged minecraft, but I still get the same error that Ant P. just posted.

Judging by the line number, you have the latest but my fix didn't work. I'll check it out.
ibrunton
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi wrote:
ibrunton wrote:

Judging by the line number, you have the latest but my fix didn't work. I'll check it out.

One small correction: My error message cites File "/usr/games/bin/minecraft-gentoo-python3.2", line 110, rather than minecraft-gentoo-python2.7.

Let me know if there's any other info you need to help sort this out.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really fixed it now. I forgot to wrap the fix in a len() function. Go grab -r4.

While looking at this, I discovered that my efforts to unbundle the launcher were not entirely effective. It turns out that we're only downloading a launcher to launch the real launcher. 8O Yo dawg, I heard you like launchers so... :lol: It also means the new versioning scheme is meaningless. At least the game itself is unbundled and that's the part that matters. I'll have a think about this.

Finally, I just want to say thanks for your patience. This is turning out to be a lot more painful than I expected.
ibrunton
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewi wrote:
Really fixed it now. I forgot to wrap the fix in a len() function. Go grab -r4.

While looking at this, I discovered that my efforts to unbundle the launcher were not entirely effective. It turns out that we're only downloading a launcher to launch the real launcher. 8O Yo dawg, I heard you like launchers so... :lol: It also means the new versioning scheme is meaningless. At least the game itself is unbundled and that's the part that matters. I'll have a think about this.

Finally, I just want to say thanks for your patience. This is turning out to be a lot more painful than I expected.

-r4 seems to have done it, at least on my box. Thanks for all the work you're putting into this, Chewi!
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me now. My modded profile's working and lsof confirms natives being used.

Great job Chewi!
Herring42
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble logging in. The game loads the login box, but when I enter my username and password, it replies that it can't connect to the server.

Code:

Logging in with username & password
net.minecraft.launcher.authentication.exceptions.AuthenticationException: Cannot contact authentication server
        at net.minecraft.launcher.authentication.yggdrasil.YggdrasilAuthenticationService.makeRequest(YggdrasilAuthenticationService.java:128)
        at net.minecraft.launcher.authentication.yggdrasil.YggdrasilAuthenticationService.logInWithPassword(YggdrasilAuthenticationService.java:70)
        at net.minecraft.launcher.authentication.yggdrasil.YggdrasilAuthenticationService.logIn(YggdrasilAuthenticationService.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.launcher.ui.popups.login.LogInForm$4.run(LogInForm.java:166)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:198)
        at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect(SSLSocketImpl.java:618)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:175)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.<init>(HttpsClient.java:275)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.New(HttpsClient.java:371)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:191)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:975)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:177)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1091)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getOutputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:250)
        at net.minecraft.hopper.Util.performPost(Util.java:28)
        at net.minecraft.launcher.authentication.yggdrasil.YggdrasilAuthenticationService.makeRequest(YggdrasilAuthenticationService.java:109)
        ... 6 more

I've used wireshark to track the dns requests, and confirmed https access to all the requested servers. I'm at a loss.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I have limited internet access for at least the next week following a house move. It's hard to say what the problem is though. Maybe something relating to certificates that Java is handling differently?
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a patch for the server ebuild, this URL seems to be slightly more reliable in my experience.
Code:
diff --git a/games-server/minecraft-server/minecraft-server-1.4.7.ebuild b/games-server/minecraft-server/minecraft-server-1.7.2.ebuild
index eb8ca5e70ce4..f22a2cf4e085 100644
--- a/var/db/repositories/java/games-server/minecraft-server/minecraft-server-1.4.7.ebuild
+++ b/games-server/minecraft-server/minecraft-server-1.7.2.ebuild
@@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ inherit games java-pkg-2

DESCRIPTION="Official dedicated server for Minecraft"
 HOMEPAGE="http://www.minecraft.net"
-SRC_URI="http://assets.minecraft.net/${PV//./_}/minecraft_server.jar -> ${P}.jar"
+SRC_URI="http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/${PV}/minecraft_server.${PV}.jar -> ${P}.jar"
 LICENSE="as-is"
 SLOT="0"
 KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a go at fixing the server init/wrapper scripts, since the old log-lockfile watching method no longer works.

This supports using a standard conf.d file, and changing the data directory of the server (I run mine from /srv). Haven't tested this with craftbukkit but it should work.

games-server/minecraft-common/files/init.sh:
#!/sbin/runscript
# Copyright 1999-2013 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

extra_started_commands="console"

: ${multiverse:=${MULTIVERSE:-${RC_SVCNAME#*.}}}
: ${multiverse:=main}
: ${datadir:=${DATADIR:-/var/lib/minecraft}}
: ${rundir:=${RUNDIR:-/run/minecraft}}

PIDFILE="${rundir}/${multiverse}.pid"
SOCKET="/tmp/tmux-minecraft-${multiverse}"

depend() {
    need net
}

start() {
    local SERVER="${SVCNAME%%.*}"
    local EXE="/usr/games/bin/${SERVER}"

ebegin "Starting Minecraft multiverse \"${multiverse}\" using ${SERVER}"

if [ ! -x "${EXE}" ]; then
        eend 1 "${SERVER} was not found. Did you install it?"
        return 1
    fi

# The server keeps this file opened while it's running, so we can find the PID from it
    local logdir="${datadir}/${multiverse}/logs"
    local logfile="${logdir}/latest.log"
    local lockfile="${logdir}/startup.lock"

if [ -f "${logfile}" ] && fuser -s "${logfile}"; then
        eend 1 "This multiverse appears to be in use, maybe by another server?"
        return 1
    fi

checkpath -d -m 0750 -o root:games ${rundir}
    checkpath -d -m 0770 -o root:games ${datadir}

mark_service_starting

touch "${lockfile}"

local cmd="umask 027 && '${EXE}' '${multiverse}' '${datadir}'"
    su -c "/usr/bin/tmux -S '${SOCKET}' new-session -n 'minecraft-${multiverse}' -d \"${cmd}\"" \
          games

if ewaitfile 15 "${logfile}"; then
        until is_newer_than "${logfile}" "${lockfile}"; do
            sleep 1
        done

fuser "${logfile}" > "${PIDFILE}" 2> /dev/null
        mark_service_started
        eend 0
    else
        eend 1
    fi

rm "${lockfile}"
}

stop() {
    ebegin "Stopping Minecraft multiverse \"${multiverse}\""

# tmux will automatically terminate when the server does.
    start-stop-daemon -K -p "${PIDFILE}" && rm -f "${SOCKET}"

eend $?
}

console() {
    exec /usr/bin/tmux -S "${SOCKET}" attach-session
}

games-server/minecraft-server/files/directory.sh:
MULTIVERSE=${1:-main}
[[ -z "$1" ]] && echo -n "Multiverse name not specified. "
echo "Using multiverse name \"${MULTIVERSE}\"." >&2

if [[ "$(whoami)" == "@GAMES_USER_DED@" ]]; then
    BASEDIR=${2:-/var/lib/minecraft}
else
    BASEDIR="${HOME}/.minecraft/servers"
fi

gjl_pwd="$BASEDIR/${MULTIVERSE}"

echo "Multiverse directory is ${gjl_pwd}." >&2
mkdir -p "${gjl_pwd}"

(
    cd "${gjl_pwd}"
    [[ -f "server.properties" ]] || exit

level_name=$(sed -n "s/^level-name=//p" "server.properties")

for D in "nether -1" "the_end 1"; do
        TYPE="${D% *}"
        DIM="DIM${D#* }"

if [[ -d "${level_name}" && -d "${level_name}_${TYPE}/${DIM}" ]]; then
            echo -n "CraftBukkit ${TYPE} detected, " >&2

if [[ -d "${level_name}/${DIM}" && ! -L "${level_name}/${DIM}" ]]; then
                echo "but a conflicting ${TYPE} is already present! Ignoring." >&2
            else
                echo "symlinking for the official server." >&2
                ln -snf "../${level_name}_${TYPE}/${DIM}" "${level_name}/${DIM}"
            fi
        fi
    done
)
C00lHandLuke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Minecraft server 1.7.5 Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch, these updates work great!
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the gentoo-minecraft wrapper is broken on 14w32d:
Code:
java -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64/jinput:/usr/lib64/lwjgl-2.9:/home/ant/.minecraft/versions/14w32d/14w32d-natives-11775870333975 -classpath /home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/java3d/vecmath/1.5.2/vecmath-1.5.2.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/net/sf/trove4j/trove4j/3.0.3/trove4j-3.0.3.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/ibm/icu/icu4j-core-mojang/51.2/icu4j-core-mojang-51.2.jar:/usr/share/jopt-simple/lib/jopt-simple.jar:/usr/share/paulscode-codecjorbis/lib/paulscode-codecjorbis.jar:/usr/share/jorbis/lib/jorbis.jar:/usr/share/paulscode-codecwav/lib/paulscode-codecwav.jar:/usr/share/paulscode-libraryjavasound/lib/paulscode-libraryjavasound.jar:/usr/share/paulscode-librarylwjglopenal/lib/paulscode-librarylwjglopenal.jar:/usr/share/paulscode-soundsystem/lib/paulscode-soundsystem.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/io/netty/netty-all/4.0.15.Final/netty-all-4.0.15.Final.jar:/usr/share/guava-14/lib/guava.jar:/usr/share/commons-lang-3.1/lib/commons-lang.jar:/usr/share/commons-io-1/lib/commons-io.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.9/commons-codec-1.9.jar:/usr/share/jinput/lib/jinput.jar:/usr/share/jutils/lib/jutils.jar:/usr/share/gson-2.2.2/lib/gson.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/mojang/authlib/1.5.16/authlib-1.5.16.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/com/mojang/realms/1.5/realms-1.5.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/commons/commons-compress/1.8.1/commons-compress-1.8.1.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpclient/4.3.3/httpclient-4.3.3.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.3/commons-logging-1.1.3.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/httpcomponents/httpcore/4.3.2/httpcore-4.3.2.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-api/2.0-beta9/log4j-api-2.0-beta9.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/org/apache/logging/log4j/log4j-core/2.0-beta9/log4j-core-2.0-beta9.jar:/usr/share/lwjgl-2.9/lib/lwjgl.jar:/usr/share/lwjgl-2.9/lib/lwjgl_util.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/libraries/tv/twitch/twitch/6.5/twitch-6.5.jar:/home/ant/.minecraft/versions/14w32d/14w32d.jar -Xms192M -Xmx2G -Xincgc net.minecraft.client.main.Main --gameDir /home/ant/.minecraft --version 14w32d --username *** --assetsDir /home/ant/.minecraft/assets --assetIndex 14w31a --uuid *** --accessToken *** --userProperties {} --userType mojang
[17:51:11] [Client thread/INFO]: Setting user: ***
[17:51:11] [Client thread/INFO]: (Session ID is token:***)
Exception in thread "Client thread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang3.Validate.inclusiveBetween(JJJLjava/lang/String;)V
   at xx.<init>(SourceFile:32)
   at wn.a(SourceFile:253)
   at wn.<clinit>(SourceFile:29)
   at anl.<clinit>(SourceFile:82)
   at alj.t(SourceFile:687)
   at oc.c(SourceFile:473)
   at bsn.<init>(SourceFile:291)
   at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120)
[17:51:13] [Client Shutdown Thread/INFO]: Stopping server

Besides that, the game bundles lwjgl-2.9.1 now and only 2.9.0 is in the overlay. I'm guessing more of the from-source deps would be outdated by now...
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. Surprised it's worked this long without any attention. You'll be glad to know I'm part way through becoming an official dev and this will be one of my responsibilities. It's probably the first thing I'll get to work on.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear!

I've been maintaining hacked up versions in a local overlay for my own server, if any of this is useful feel free to take it:

minecraft-common-20140704.ebuild — removed the tmux dep, the server has its own remote control nowadays
minecraft-common/files/init.sh — heavily riced initscript :wink:
minecraft-server-1432d.ebuild — snapshot-only ebuild, pulls the version [14w32d] out of the filename. Took me a while to figure out how to make it work!
minecraft-server/files/directory.sh — adds ability to specify the server data dir, which that initscript makes use of.
mikenerone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have an all-in-one for the server & client ebuilds that I (very) occasionally update in the actual ebuild bug. It applies as a local patch to the java overlay (using "git am"). It's not up to the latest version (and doesn't include the rcon support), but it might be useful in updating the ebuilds. Unfortunately, I have no time to devote to this myself at the moment.

Along those lines, Chewi, any news on your devship and/or these updates?
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the two main dev quizzes and just have the Java quiz to do. I've been a bit sidetracked because I wanted to get Gentoo onto my Utilite (ARM) box that's been sitting idle for nearly a year. I'll get minecraft-server keyworded for ~arm and maybe even the client if I can get it to work. ;) My mentor has been away for a while anyway so there was no need to rush with the quiz.

My GPG key actually expired earlier this year so I can't commit to the overlay just now. It could get renewed but might as well wait till I become a dev.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again. My mentor went AWOL so I've been assigned another one. I need to work on some ebuilds during my trial period so I'm picking these up again. I still don't have commit access but I will be preparing patches against java-overlay and the work may eventually end up in the main tree.

Obviously the Minecraft landscape has changed dramatically. Bukkit's future is completely unknown and it's not even available, having been served a DMCA notice due to a GPL violation. I should probably kill off the Bukkit ebuilds until further notice. I might keep minecraft-common around in case it comes back but the tmux stuff needs to go as rcon seems to be the new preferred method of interacting with the server. I'll try to cook up an mcrcon ebuild too. After all that, I'll take a fresh look at the client.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a locally-installed mcrcon.pl for a while now (scripted backups). Would be great to have a properly packaged version of that. And thanks again, for sticking around!
zeek
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to run a server based off these ebuilds (in the java overlay). Is this still the recommended way to go?
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not right at this moment. I have been working on this though (as recently as yesterday). It's taken longer than I expected because the official Minecraft server now uses several open source libraries and one of them was particularly troublesome. Nearly got them all covered now.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look to the left, you'll see that I'm now a dev. Expect some movement soon. :D
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey good, one Chewi; couldn't ask for a better developer, imo.
Chewi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

So the goods should be delivered shortly. In the meantime, check out games-util/mcrcon. Note this is the C version, not the Perl version.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: