Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Weird Firefox Behavior (and other Gentoo specific problems)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jokerswild2412
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Weird Firefox Behavior (and other Gentoo specific problems) Reply with quote

Hey there! Thanks for your help in advance. I've had this problem for awhile now, but I'm just now getting around to attempting to fix it. For awhile, javascript in firefox seems to have stopped working for whatever reason. For example, I can't upvote or downvote in reddit, nor can I expand comments or post anything on the site. When I click those buttons, nothing happens. When I go to other sites that use javascript to launch pop-up windows to log in to their site (such as roll20.net), nothing happens when I click the link. This has become beyond frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this? This has persisted across various firefox builds.

I'm not sure if the other symptoms I'm experiencing are related, but they are just as annoying. Whenever I put my computer in standby or power it down, my network card "unmounts" itself. Since I have a laptop, I have to press the "wifi on" button physically on my laptop for it to turn back on, and even then, when it connects to the router, I still can't get a connection to the internet itself. If I try to go to a site or something, it says that it cannot connect. I have to then go and disconnect and then reconnect a time or two to my router and then it will finally work, until I put the computer in standby again, and I have to start the whole process over.

The other symptom that I see is that ConsoleKit fails to start when I first boot up my computer. I wasn't sure if the network card failing to turn on at the beginning of bootup or upon exiting stand-by and the consolekit error that I get are somehow related to my javascript not working in firefox, but it would be great if I could somehow get javascript fixed. Can you guys point me in the right direction?
genterminl
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the javascript issue, have you somehow simply disabled javascript in Firefox? It used to be a checkbox somewhere in the options dialog, but I can't find it. Hower, you can type about:config in the address bar, then type javascript in the search box, and check the value of javascript.enabled.
hadrons123
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It used to be a checkbox somewhere in the options dialog, but I can't find it.

Yea in Firefox 23 they removed that option in the menu.
http://limi.net/checkboxes-that-kill/
ek balam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have issues like this in youtube... can't subscribe or the comments doesn't show up... clear the cache, cookies and all that brings all to normal again :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: