View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinkie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: systemd-logind: failed dbus connection Reply with quote

Hi,

i decided to give systemd a try, and emerged the world. Now i could boot with systemd, but i could not get a graphical interface.

The Errors i get through journald and the console are:

Code:

~ # systemctl start systemd-logind.service
Job for systemd-logind.service failed. See 'systemctl status systemd-logind.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.
~ # journalctl -xn
-- Logs begin at (null), end at (null). --
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd-logind[1630]: Failed to get system D-Bus connection: Access denied
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd-logind[1630]: Failed to fully start up daemon: Connection refused
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd[1]: Unit systemd-logind.service entered failed state.
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd[1]: systemd-logind.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd-logind[1632]: Failed to get system D-Bus connection: Access denied
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd-logind[1632]: Failed to fully start up daemon: Connection refused
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd[1]: Unit systemd-logind.service entered failed state.
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd[1]: systemd-logind.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Aug 20 15:12:06 localhost systemd[1]: systemd-logind.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.

I couldn't solve that problem nor can i find something about that anywhere. Does someone know the trick? Reproduced this on 2 of my installations, so i think the problem is typing right now ;)
twinkie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that this is not as easy as i thought. :(
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: systemd Reply with quote

Hope this is a suitable location for my plea!

Having been informed that gentoo will be switching to systemd on my last kernel update (3.10.7-gentoo), I thought I would make the transfer to my "over-the-years" carefully compiled and build up gentoo system.

I read and carefully followed the wiki notes, step by step, and ended up with a corrupted system, and no way --as far as I could see, of reverting back to my old setup.

So salvaged what I could to a usb disk and decided to install from new, using a stage3 setup via the "System Rescue" disk, as I normally do with a fresh install.

However, there does not seem to be a source that includes systemd. On adding it to my USE flags and attempting an "emerge -uDN world" on my "chrooted installation" everything hangs.

Can anyone tell me if a stage3 snapshot compiled with systemd setup exists on one of the mirrors anywhere?
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Systemd Reply with quote

My problem solved!!

I took care to edit my make.conf before initiating the change to systemd, but forgot about package.use, where there
were some unwanted USE flags, such as udev. This prevented me getting rid of circular dependencies.

Hope this might be a warning to others! I have lost a very personalised installation which I shall have to rebuild again.
twinkie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-.- great. chances to get an answer dropped to zero
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: systemd Reply with quote

Sorry you think that twinkie, it wasn't my intention.

At risk of stating the obvious, have you seen "wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/systemd". I followed that and once I corrected a few of my own mistakes I got most things working. From your error results it looks to me as though you have problems with sys-auth/pambase.

Try beginning with "sys-auth/pambase -systemd" in your package.use file and then do an "emerge -uDN world"
This seems to be necessary to switch from openrc login to systemd. ( -consolekit must also be set).

I have it up and working now, but I had to install NetworkManager before I could get my net connection. I think that the folks at gentoo have been a bit premature in going for systemd just now, since all the current installation documentation is geared to openrc, Newcomers to gentoo will have a problem using the installation manual! There are many init.d scripts which will have to be rewritten for systemd. I am still trying to get 'at', 'vixie-cron' and my wireless printer working,

You don't say which display manager you are using, but I understand xdm is one of the scripts which will be dropped. I am using 'startx' with XSESSION set to enlightenment, and that works fine.
twinkie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still searching for a solution for this. :?

"-systemd" USE-flag can not be set, beacuse gnome3 depends on this. However it seems that pambase doesn't respect a global -consolekit flag. Instead one have to set the flag in package use.

I tried to switch to enlightenment, but there are dbus errors, too. On top, few systemd tools depends on working dbus-daemon. You cant use hostnamectl for example.

strace on dbus shows there are attempts to read "/run/systemd/users/<uid>" but these files doesnt exist.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You these package with following USE:
Code:
emerge -p --verbose systemd dbus polkit gentoo-sources dracut pambase pam gdm
[ebuild   R    ] sys-libs/pam-1.1.6-r4  USE="audit berkdb cracklib -debug -nis nls (-selinux) {-test} -vim-syntax" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.10.9:3.10.9  USE="-build -deblob symlink" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r2  USE="(-consolekit) -cracklib -debug gnome-keyring minimal mktemp -pam_krb5 -pam_ssh -passwdqc (-selinux) sha512 systemd" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/systemd-206-r3  USE="acl -audit cryptsetup -doc filecaps -firmware-loader -gcrypt gudev -http introspection kmod lzma -openrc pam policykit python -qrcode (-selinux) tcpd {-test} -vanilla xattr" ABI_X86="-32 (64) (-x32)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/dbus-1.6.12  USE="X -debug -doc (-selinux) -static-libs systemd {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-auth/polkit-0.111-r1  USE="examples gtk introspection -kde nls pam (-selinux) systemd" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-kernel/dracut-031-r1  USE="-debug device-mapper -net -optimization (-selinux)" DRACUT_MODULES="-biosdevname -bootchart -btrfs caps -cifs crypt -crypt-gpg -crypt-loop -dmraid dmsquash-live -gensplash -iscsi -livenet -lvm -mdraid -multipath -nbd -nfs -plymouth -ssh-client -syslog systemd" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] gnome-base/gdm-3.8.4  USE="-accessibility audit -debug fallback -fprint gnome-shell introspection -ipv6 -plymouth (-selinux) -smartcard tcpd {-test} -xinerama" 0 kB"

If you follow the new gentoo-sources "make menuconfig" options you should get a runable systemd.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: systemd Reply with quote

I'm afraid I made a serious typing error in my last post. A minus sign crept in. The recommendation is to first emerge with sys-auth/pambase set to use systemd, and then update newuse with the recompliled pambase.

I don't know much about Gnome 3, except I don't want it! But if you set the pambase flag in "package.use" it won't affect the rest of your installation.

If you want to swap to systemd then it is self-evident that the systemd flag must be set! However, I found that when pambase was emerged first with "-udN" it made the corrections necessary and deleted blocking programs.

I was then able to "-uDN world" with "-consolekit" and "systemd" flags set.
mrl4n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i've again the same problem too

Gnome 3 start but many error are present
Code:
gnome-session[16643]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Unable to lookup session information for process '16643'
gnome-session[16643]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Unable to lookup session information for process '16643'

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): power-plugin-WARNING **: Unable to start gsd_power manager: Error calling StartServiceByName for org$

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): media-keys-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to connect to systemd: Error calling StartServiceByName for org$

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_proxy_call_internal: assertion `G_IS_DBUS_PROXY (proxy)' failed

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): keyboard-plugin-WARNING **: Failed to contact localed: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.free$

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to create device: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.cre$

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-profile auth
      JS LOG: Failed to register AuthenticationAgent
      JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Mon Dec 23 2013 17:19:20 GMT+0100 (CET)
    JS ERROR: !!!   Could not get a proxy for the current session
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = '"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information$
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '"/usr/share/gjs-1.0/overrides/Gio.js"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '84'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"0 anonymous("result" = [object GObject_Object], "proxy" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1$
"'

(gnome-settings-daemon:16663): media-keys-plugin-WARNING **: 24: Timeout was reached
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception in callback for signal: startup-prepared
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = '"Timeout was reached"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '"/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/gdm/loginDialog.js"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '493'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"0 anonymous("parentActor" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/gdm/loginDialog.js:4$
1 wrapper([object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
2 anonymous([object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:154
3 anonymous([object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:248
4 anonymous("allowCancel" = true, "onPrimary" = true)@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:909
5 wrapper(true, true)@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
6 anonymous()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:856
7 wrapper()@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
8 anonymous([object Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:210
9 _emit("name" = ""startup-prepared"")@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/signals.js:124
10 anonymous([object Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/layout.js:599
11 _emit("name" = ""loaded"")@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/signals.js:124
12 anonymous("content" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/background.js:654
13 anonymous("result" = [object GObject_Object], "object" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/background.js:195
"'
Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
   JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: Gio.IOErrorEnum: Timeout was reached
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"0 anonymous("parentActor" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/gdm/loginDialog.js:4$
4 anonymous("allowCancel" = false, "onPrimary" = false)@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:909
5 wrapper(false, false)@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
6 anonymous([object GObject_Object], [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:696
7 wrapper([object GObject_Object], [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
"'
      JS LOG: Failed to register AuthenticationAgent
      JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Mon Dec 23 2013 17:20:18 GMT+0100 (CET)
    JS ERROR: !!!   Could not get a proxy for the current session
    JS ERROR: !!!     message = '"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information$
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '"/usr/share/gjs-1.0/overrides/Gio.js"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '84'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"0 anonymous("result" = [object GObject_Object], "proxy" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gjs-1$
"'
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception in callback for signal: startup-prepared
4 anonymous("allowCancel" = true, "onPrimary" = true)@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:909
5 wrapper(true, true)@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
6 anonymous()@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/screenShield.js:856
7 wrapper()@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/lang.js:213
8 anonymous([object Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/main.js:210
9 _emit("name" = ""startup-prepared"")@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/signals.js:124
10 anonymous([object Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/layout.js:599
11 _emit("name" = ""loaded"")@/usr/share/gjs-1.0/signals.js:124
12 anonymous("content" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/background.js:654
13 anonymous("result" = [object GObject_Object], "object" = [object GObject_Object])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/background.js:195
"'
Window manager warning: CurrentTime used to choose focus window; focus window may not be correct.
Window manager warning: Got a request to focus the no_focus_window with a timestamp of 0.  This shouldn't happen!
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Systemd Reply with quote

To Me14n.

Systemd does not use Console kit, that is part of the openrc system. You evidently have not set your USE flags to -consolekit and done an "emerge --uDN world" on your system. ( Emphasis on the "N" ( newuse ).

Also,the latest kernel 3.10.17, offers a choice between openrc and systemd. Have you recompiled your kernel with the systemd settings? you will find them under : "Gentoo Linux > Support for Init Systems" when running "make menuconfig"

As stated earlier, I do not use gnome, but I do use some of the programs that depend on gnome, and have had no problems in running them.

Systemd has been working fine on all my four computers since I installed and ironed out my mistakes as above.
mrl4n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set -consolekit globally
Code:
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
# built this stage.
# Please consult /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example for a more
# detailed example.
CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
LINGUAS="it"
CAMERAS="*"
FEATURES="-parse-eapi-ebuild-head"
QEMU_USER_TARGETS="i386"
QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="i386"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="AdobeFlash-10.3"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
SANE_BACKENDS="xerox_mfp"
# WARNING: Changing your CHOST is not something that should be done lightly.
# Please consult http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/change-chost.xml before changing.
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
# These are the USE flags that were used in addition to what is provided by the
# profile used for building.
USE="systemd ios vnc extras ace 7zip -mono -accessibility policykit ldap dvdr cups scanner sqlite python gtk gnome -qt4 -kde X dbus -hal dvd alsa cdr lm_sensors symlink alsa mp3 mp4 ffmpeg a52 aac flac pulseaudio xvid gstreamer git subversion mpeg mad wxwindows dts ogg flac polkit gentoo-sources pambase pam gdm -consolekit"

source "/var/lib/layman/make.conf"

SYNC="rsync://rsync.at.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

# Set PORTDIR for backward compatibility with various tools:
#   gentoo-bashcomp - bug #478444
#   euse - bug #474574
#   euses and ufed - bug #478318
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"

emerge -uDN world many times and set "systemd" in the kernel.

Gnome3 start at second manual "startx"...systemd don't work and Dbus connection is broken.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Systemd Reply with quote

Have you tried followng http://wiki.gentoo.org/Systemd. That is what I did, and apart from some
conflicting USE settings which I had in /etc/portage/package.use initially and missing service files ( discovered later) everything seemed to work.
mrl4n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Systemd Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
Have you tried followng http://wiki.gentoo.org/Systemd. That is what I did, and apart from some
conflicting USE settings which I had in /etc/portage/package.use initially and missing service files ( discovered later) everything seemed to work.

Yes, I followed http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd. Probably i'll can blank the package.use then do an emerge world... :o

Today a new thing
Code:
# systemctl enable dbus
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
   .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
   a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
   D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
axelbest
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for me this problem works editing /etc/default/grub just like the systemd wiki, but using real_init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd instead just init=

But regards, your /etc/fstab need to be configured to mout your / partition, if not, your environment will work on read mode only.
mrl4n
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axelbest wrote:
Well, for me this problem works editing /etc/default/grub just like the systemd wiki, but using real_init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd instead just init=

But regards, your /etc/fstab need to be configured to mout your / partition, if not, your environment will work on read mode only.

I use grub2 and i've tried real_init and init with the same problem.
I use genkernel for kernel and initramfs; i've read about dracut and i don't know if it's a good idea for me try it...

My fstab appear correct
Code:
/dev/sdc1               /boot           ext2            noauto,noatime          1 2
/dev/sdc3               /               ext3            noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdc2               none            swap            sw                      0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/WindowsC   ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdd1               /mnt/archivio   ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdb1               /mnt/ExtWindows ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sde1               /mnt/Empty      ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdf1               /mnt/Divx       ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdg                /mnt/pen        vfat            rw,user,noauto          0 0
/dev/sr0                /mnt/cdrom      auto            noatime                 0 1
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy     auto            noauto                  0 0
proc                    /proc           proc            defaults                0 0
shm                     /dev/shm        tmpfs           nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0

I'm going to be 8O :lol: :roll: crazy
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Systemd Reply with quote

It seems to me that your setup must be in a right old mess now after all these attempts! You do not say now what is actually going wrong. If you are able to boot up, I suggest that you make a fresh start. with "emerge -pve world", and see what "USE" errors occur.

Failing the ability to boot up, then you could mount your essential partitions with the system rescue or similar disk and chroot to access gentoo.
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrl4n wrote:
axelbest wrote:

I use grub2 and i've tried real_init and init with the same problem.
I use genkernel for kernel and initramfs; i've read about dracut and i don't know if it's a good idea for me try it...

My fstab appear correct
Code:
/dev/sdc1               /boot           ext2            noauto,noatime          1 2
/dev/sdc3               /               ext3            noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdc2               none            swap            sw                      0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/WindowsC   ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdd1               /mnt/archivio   ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdb1               /mnt/ExtWindows ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sde1               /mnt/Empty      ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdf1               /mnt/Divx       ntfs-3g         noatime                 0 1
/dev/sdg                /mnt/pen        vfat            rw,user,noauto          0 0
/dev/sr0                /mnt/cdrom      auto            noatime                 0 1
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy     auto            noauto                  0 0
proc                    /proc           proc            defaults                0 0
shm                     /dev/shm        tmpfs           nodev,nosuid,noexec     0 0

I'm going to be 8O :lol: :roll: crazy

problem could be kdbus. if you use the git version of systemd, then you should download and install kdbus.
after that, set kdbus on the kernel command line. otherwise use the stable version of systemd(208-r2)
darkice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there...here still problems with systemd + dbus

actually this is my make.conf
Code:
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically
# built this stage.
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example.
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mtune=native "
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
# This should not be changed unless you know exactly what you are doing.  You
# should probably be using a different stage, instead.
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
MAKEOPTS="-j7"
USE="vdpau -consolekit xvmc zeroconf g15 lcd_devices_g15 lcd pulseaudio mng gallium fortran  policykit
xinetd mysql  kde -minimal qt4  glib lock session startup-notification fbcondecor 
sane svg sdl X 3dnow a52 aac aalib acpi alsa apm arts bash-completion bluetooth
bzip2 cairo cdr css cups cvs gdbm dbus  dri dts dv  dvb dvd dvdr dvdread encode ffmpeg firefox
flac ftp gif gphoto2 gtk -hal ieee1394 jack java javascript jpeg  lame  lm_sensors mmx
mozilla mp3 mpeg msn multilib musicbrainz nas ncurses nsplugin ogg openal opengl
pam pda pdf png  quicktime scanner speex sse sse2 svga  syslog theora tiff timidity
truetype usb vorbis wifi win32codecs xcb x264 xcomposite xine xinerama xpm xv xvid zlib apng xml melt caps orc realtime wireless ieee1394 "
LINGUAS="it"
ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
INPUT_DEVICES="evdev"
#source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf
#FEATURES="ccache"
#CCACHE_DIR="/var/tmp/ccache"
#CCACHE_SIZE="2G"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
#EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=y"
ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw copy dshare dsnoop extplug file hooks ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null rate route share shm"
LCD_DEVICES="g15"

#layman
source /var/lib/layman/make.conf

# Set PORTDIR for backward compatibility with various tools:
#   gentoo-bashcomp - bug #478444
#   euse - bug #474574
#   euses and ufed - bug #478318
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
GRUB_PLATFORMS="pc"
ABI_X86="64 32"
SANE_BACKENDS="plustek"

DRACUT_MODULES="debug gensplash nfs"

systemctl enable dbus
Code:
# systemctl enable dbus
The unit files have no [Install] section. They are not meant to be enabled
using systemctl.
Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
1) A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
   .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
2) A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
   a requirement dependency on it.
3) A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
   D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).

tell me what info do you need
tranquilcool
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It simply means that dbus is started automaticaly by systemd.
You don't need to start it yourself.
darkice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, but it appears to be all stuck here, for what concerns automounting of my disks and devices like audio...
I've read many pages about systemd gentoo and dbus but still cannot get it to work as i expect

Code:
 # systemctl
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.

gringo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkice wrote:
ok, but it appears to be all stuck here, for what concerns automounting of my disks and devices like audio...
I've read many pages about systemd gentoo and dbus but still cannot get it to work as i expect

Code:
 # systemctl
Failed to get D-Bus connection: No connection to service manager.

that means that you havent booted with systemd.
you can check with cat /proc/1/comm what init you are running. In case that doesnt return systemd, read the wiki page again and set up your system to boot with systemd.

cheers
darkice
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i followed that wiki but

Quote:
cat /proc/1/comm
init

Progman3K
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinkie wrote:
im still searching for a solution for this. :?

[...]
strace on dbus shows there are attempts to read "/run/systemd/users/<uid>" but these files doesnt exist.

It appears you both have the same problem, which is the init that is running is not systemd.

Pastebin your kernel configs.

Grep your kernel config for CONFIG_GENTOO_LINUX_INIT_SYSTEMD=y

Also, try booting systemd explicitly; there are options at every boot loader/launcher to edit the command-line when you start the system, if you can intercept and edit the values, make sure you add init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd and then continue the boot.

If not, then bake it into the kernel by setting CONFIG_CMDLINE="init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd"
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i suggest everyone use LILO for systemd. you can make boot entries like:

gentoo-openrc
gentoo-systemd

and revert back next reboot or what ever.... with grub(2) instructions, you're fucked if you mess up, you gotta break out rescue media.

what really needs to happen is we need a system to where you can test booting systemd init, and it reverts back to known working next boot. so you can tweak shit, test shit, and be consequence free about it. lilo can do this, grub doesn't as far as i know.

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Lilo#Adding_kernel_parameters
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: