Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:
So... how many of you guys are attending the march on Washington to commemorate Martin Luther King's speech?

Why the hell would I want to go marching, in D.C., in the Summer time? Do you think it's like a religious pilgrimage? Like some sort of trek around Mecca?
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
pantsonfire wrote:
So... how many of you guys are attending the march on Washington to commemorate Martin Luther King's speech?

Why the hell would I want to go marching, in D.C., in the Summer time? Do you think it's like a religious pilgrimage? Like some sort of trek around Mecca?
lol

Additionally, I wouldn't spend money to travel to that part of the country.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody? I'd never have guessed that from all the comments.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:

:roll:

Such pathetic black & white extremist thinking. If one agrees with the ideals of the "I have a dream speech", in your little deranged world you need to go march around Washington D.C. 50 years after the fact, in the Summer, with a bunch of strangers.

How about actually agreeing with the principle and ending all questions about race on every government form? If you actually understood the message you would be all for that.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The accused teenagers were dobbed in by a local who claimed his son was the trio's next target.

James Johnson, 52, called the police to tell them that the accused killers were hiding in the car park of the Immauel Baptist Church car park at about 5pm, two hours after they allegedly shot Lane.

"My son called me and said, 'They're saying they're coming to kill me' so I called the police and they got here within about three minutes," Johnson told the Herald Sun.

Mr Johnson claimed that Edwards had threatened the life of his own 17-year-old son Christopher on Facebook. His son was at home with his mother and sisters near the church when he received the death threat.

"They threatened to kill my son because they are in a gang, the Crips, and were trying to get my son in it and I wouldn't let him do it.

"I told him he couldn't run with those boys. He's a little terrified." ...

He said the group consisted of teenagers who he called "wannabes".

"I've been living here all my life and we never had this, but in the past few years gangs from Lawton have been coming here," Mr Johnson said of the Crips.

Johnson's son also attends Duncan High School, where suspect Luna and Edwards were students. He said he knew both boys and described them as "troublemakers" and "bullies" who had "no parental supervision".

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/national-news/victoria/chilling-911-call-details-final-moments-of-melbourne-baseballer-chris-lane8217s-life/story-fnii5sms-1226700172461#ixzz2cvuf3wZt

For those who couldn't rtfa. There is a cultural problem here that is victimizing people of all races. Maybe the reverend al would like to speak with Mr. Johnson.
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pantsonfire wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't make it to the Mall today. I was working for a living. Move along now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: