View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lea0014
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: How do i catch tty's output from X? Reply with quote

Hi there, i'm writing some scripts and what i need is watch at realtime what is happening on tty1 from a terminal emulator or something like that. I just google it a lot, and it looks like there is no many ways to do it. I think that screen is not an option for me. So, is there any other option?
vaxbrat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: look at expect Reply with quote

There's a tcl package dev-tcltk/expect which can be used to handle serial or usb i/o interactions. Python has a pure python version of that lying around somewhere. I think there's one in the java framework somewhere too.

If you are doing any PyQt in your scripting, I wrote a generic logging class and ui file for use with interacting with a spawned QProcess, but I have never released it to the world. It's event driven and does a callback when input becomes available from the child.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: