View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkraav
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mehhhhhhhhhh http://my.opera.com/pacho/blog/2013/07/24/gnome-3-8-requiring-systemd-on-gentoo
ggeeoo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardmasking of gnome 3.8 was removed a few hours ago and those using gnome 3.6 in ~arch will be asked to upgrade to gnome 3.8/systemd in their next upgrade world. If you want to stay with 3.6 for the time being, here you will find the list of packages that the gnome 3.8 hard mask used to contain.
mitofik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ggeeoo
so using the file you linked i could do

Code:

awk -vRS= '/Gnome 3.8 Mask/' /the/file/you/linked.mask > /etc/portage/package.mask/Gnome3.8

and stay with gnome 3.6, without systemd?

EDIT: tried it and yes, it works just like that. yay!
billydv
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what if I wanted to do the update, How do I switch from udev to systemd and what else is necessary because I saw alot of blockers (udev and systemd being just part of the problem)
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billydv wrote:
And what if I wanted to do the update, How do I switch from udev to systemd and what else is necessary because I saw alot of blockers (udev and systemd being just part of the problem)
Same question here. I hate to experiment too much, especially with this kind of sensitive migration, despite being in the ~amd64 branch :wink:
GFCCAE6xF
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@billydv
@Helena

Not a Gnome user but I'd assume you need to unmerge udev and consolekit (may need to emerge -C them), emerge systemd after make sure you have the "systemd -consolekit" flags set and be sure to follow the Gentoo doc and wiki on systemd to make sure you get it set up right.

Post the output with the blockers anyway, someone can probably point you in the right direction :D
Wallsandfences
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the process to update do G_3.8 as well.
Systemd is running, basic services run out of the box with the notably exception of lan. I had to manually set 'systemctl enable dhcpcd'
I did not manage to start apache2, nfs and samba correctly yet.

From a strikt user perspective, systemd is faster than openrc during the boot-process.

Don't expect to run a full-fleged multi-service system without a considerable amount of extra-work!

Rüdiger
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Is there any way to avoid this and still upgrade to Gnome 3.8?
Wallsandfences
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avoid what?
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallsandfences wrote:
avoid what?
sorry if this was unclear. I meant the udev-systemd migration.
Wallsandfences
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the link in post #1, no!
triquetra
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ggeeoo and mitofik. Just the info I was looking for (masking Gnome 3.8 until I decide whether to migrate to systemd or migrate to a new Desktop). Subscribing.
nukem996
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the systemd migration awhile ago. IMHO its better than OpenRC and Upstart.

However I was very interested in trying gnome-3.8. I like it but it seems a little buggy.

1. In gnome3-classic you get the menu and the mouse action when you goto the top left of the screen. Every once and awhile both of those just stop working. Meaning I can't start new apps unless I have a terminal up.
2. I just went to play Heroes of Newerth(a native Linux OpenGL game) and it was really really painfully slow.
3. It broken cinnamon! But thats probably fixed in a newer version of cinnamon.

I noticed that despite these being new ebuilds there is an even newer version of gnome out, 3.8.3. Any reason the newer versions weren't used? I'm hoping these bugs are fixed in the newer upstream versions.
yaront
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the systemd migration and move to Gnome 3.8 in one go last night, but now I have a problem: when I lock the screen and then try to unlock it again I get an "Authentication error" message on the password screen (before typing in my password) and afterwards I get a throbber and no further response. I can log in (with password) with GDM at the beginning of the session, though. Does anyone else have this problem?
pacho2
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaront wrote:
I did the systemd migration and move to Gnome 3.8 in one go last night, but now I have a problem: when I lock the screen and then try to unlock it again I get an "Authentication error" message on the password screen (before typing in my password) and afterwards I get a throbber and no further response. I can log in (with password) with GDM at the beginning of the session, though. Does anyone else have this problem?

You are hitting:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=477954

I think
pacho2
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukem996 wrote:
I did the systemd migration awhile ago. IMHO its better than OpenRC and Upstart.

However I was very interested in trying gnome-3.8. I like it but it seems a little buggy.

1. In gnome3-classic you get the menu and the mouse action when you goto the top left of the screen. Every once and awhile both of those just stop working. Meaning I can't start new apps unless I have a terminal up.
2. I just went to play Heroes of Newerth(a native Linux OpenGL game) and it was really really painfully slow.

I noticed that despite these being new ebuilds there is an even newer version of gnome out, 3.8.3. Any reason the newer versions weren't used? I'm hoping these bugs are fixed in the newer upstream versions.

The first one looks to me like a bug, please be sure you are running latest packages and report a bug in bugs.gentoo.org showing exact steps to reproduce (I will probably ask you to also report to upstream -> bugzilla.gnome.org after that ;))

Regarding the second one, I can run games properly, I would google a bit and search for problems with that specific game :/, if nothing is found, feel free to report and we can try to see what to do.

The third one is being handled in https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=470248 but, as nobody in gnome team is really caring of cinnamon, it is a bit stalled. I have done some comments at the end of that bug to try to cleanup things a bit, if you can offer some help there, that would be nice
Wallsandfences
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating to Gnome 3.8 succeeded as well here.
However, I have an issue. I can't log in a newly added users. Screen remains grey (gdm-background) after logging in, and bumping the upleft corner with the mousepointer makes my whole screen flickering nasty.

Logging in into other accounts is an adventurous task, as the shell might not come up correctly. Once I'm succesfully logged in I have not found any nasties yet.

Rüdiger
razer
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacho2 wrote:

Regarding the second one, I can run games properly, I would google a bit and search for problems with that specific game :/, if nothing is found, feel free to report and we can try to see what to do.

Seems to be the relevant bug :
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=701224

Should be resolved upstream...
nukem996
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacho2 wrote:
nukem996 wrote:

The first one looks to me like a bug, please be sure you are running latest packages and report a bug in bugs.gentoo.org showing exact steps to reproduce (I will probably ask you to also report to upstream -> bugzilla.gnome.org after that ;))

The third one is being handled in https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=470248 but, as nobody in gnome team is really caring of cinnamon, it is a bit stalled. I have done some comments at the end of that bug to try to cleanup things a bit, if you can offer some help there, that would be nice

Did some research last night. I think the first two are related. Apparently upstream is releasing mutter-3.8.4 soon which will help
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=701224

Theres also a race condition in gnome-shell fixed by this git commit
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/commit/?h=gnome-3-8&id=4d785d249f149e2d90813df264c1833d53447714
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: on my system I have both Gnome and KDE installed, because I want to be able to switch.

Is this now no longer possible? The material I've read so far and my continuing failure to perform the systemd-udev migration due to multiple portage blockers lead to this conjecture.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that KDE should run ok with systemd. At least with 4.11
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
I've heard that KDE should run ok with systemd. At least with 4.11
I have kde-4.10.5 and 4.11 is not in the tree yet; I was hoping not to have to use an overlay tree :(

Anyway I would appreciate some help with the migration since the multitude of portage messages confuses me and I am stuck in the trial-and-error approach. here is my portage output (sorry for the long list)
Code:
TitanGentoo2 ~ # time emerge -u @world
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gnome-user-docs-3.8.2 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/gnome-pty-helper-0.34.7 [0.34.2]
[ebuild     U  ] sys-power/acpid-2.0.19 [2.0.18]
[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/lm_sensors-3.3.4 [3.3.3-r2]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/atk-2.8.0 [2.6.0] USE="{-test%}"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gsettings-desktop-schemas-3.8.2 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-menus-3.8.0-r1 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-themes/gnome-backgrounds-3.8.1 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme-symbolic-3.8.3 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-themes/gnome-icon-theme-3.8.2 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/fontconfig-2.10.92 [2.10.2-r1]
[ebuild  NS    ] sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.10.3-r1 [3.10.2] USE="-build -deblob -symlink"
[ebuild   R    ] dev-python/pycairo-1.10.0-r4  PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_3*"
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/pango-1.34.1 [1.32.5]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-python/pygobject-3.8.3 [3.4.2-r1] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_3*"
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/gnome-sudoku-3.8.1  PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python2_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -python2_6"
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/gjs-1.36.1 [1.34.0] USE="cairo%*"
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/cogl-1.14.0 [1.12.2-r1] USE="-profile%"
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/service-manager-0
[ebuild  N     ] mail-filter/bogofilter-1.2.3  USE="berkdb -sqlite -tokyocabinet"
[ebuild   R    ] sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r2  USE="systemd* -consolekit*"
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/gtk+-3.8.2 [3.6.3-r2]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-desktop-3.8.3 [3.6.3]
[ebuild     U  ] media-libs/clutter-1.14.4-r1 [1.12.2-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] app-crypt/gcr-3.8.2 [3.6.2] USE="gtk%*"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/dconf-0.16.1 [0.14.1]
[ebuild     U  ] app-text/evince-3.8.3 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-themes/gnome-themes-standard-3.8.2 [3.6.5]
[ebuild     U  ] x11-libs/vte-0.34.7 [0.34.2]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/libpeas-1.8.1 [1.6.2-r1] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_2%* python3_3%*"
[ebuild     U  ] app-admin/gnome-system-log-3.8.1 [3.6.1]
[ebuild  N     ] games-board/gnome-chess-3.8.3
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/gnome-tetravex-3.8.1
[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/baobab-3.8.2 [3.6.4]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gucharmap-3.8.2 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] app-arch/file-roller-3.8.3 [3.6.4]
[ebuild  N     ] games-board/gnome-mines-3.8.1
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/gnome-klotski-3.8.2
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/five-or-more-3.8.2                                                                                         
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/gnome-font-viewer-3.8.0 [3.6.2]                                                                               
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gnome-system-monitor-3.8.2.1 [3.6.1] USE="systemd*"                                                         
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/eog-3.8.2 [3.6.2]                                                                                             
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/swell-foop-3.8.1                                                                                           
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/nautilus-3.8.2 [3.6.3]                                                                                       
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-3.8.2 [3.6.3]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N     ] gnome-extra/gnome-calculator-3.8.2                                                                                     
[uninstall     ] gnome-extra/gcalctool-6.6.2                                                                                             
[blocks b      ] gnome-extra/gnome-calculator ("gnome-extra/gnome-calculator" is blocking gnome-extra/gcalctool-6.6.2)                   
[blocks b      ] gnome-extra/gcalctool ("gnome-extra/gcalctool" is blocking gnome-extra/gnome-calculator-3.8.2)                         
[ebuild  N     ] net-libs/libsoup-2.42.2  USE="introspection ssl -debug -samba {-test}"                                                 
[ebuild     U  ] net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.0.4 [1.10.2-r300] USE="-libsecret%"                                                               
[ebuild     U  ] net-misc/vino-3.8.1 [3.6.2-r1]                                                                                         
[ebuild     U  ] app-crypt/seahorse-3.8.2 [3.6.3]                                                                                       
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/sushi-3.8.1 [3.6.1]                                                                                         
[ebuild     U  ] www-client/epiphany-3.8.2 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/yelp-3.8.1 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] media-video/totem-3.8.2-r1 [3.6.3-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gnome-contacts-3.8.3 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gnome-tweak-tool-3.8.1 [3.6.1-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] net-misc/vinagre-3.8.2 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-session-3.8.2.1-r1 [3.6.2-r2] USE="systemd*"
[ebuild     U  ] x11-wm/mutter-3.8.3 [3.6.3]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gdm-3.8.3.1 [3.6.2-r1]
[ebuild     U  ] app-misc/tracker-0.16.1 [0.14.5] USE="-libsecret%"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/gnome-documents-3.8.3.1 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] app-cdr/brasero-3.8.0 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] media-gfx/gnome-screenshot-3.8.3 [3.6.1]
[ebuild  N     ] games-arcade/gnome-robots-3.8.1
[ebuild  N     ] games-board/four-in-a-row-3.8.1
[ebuild  N     ] games-puzzle/quadrapassel-3.8.1
[ebuild     U  ] mail-client/evolution-3.8.4 [3.6.4] USE="bogofilter%* -highlight% -spamassassin%"
[ebuild  N     ] games-board/iagno-3.8.1
[uninstall     ] gnome-extra/gnome-games-3.6.1-r1
[blocks b      ] gnome-extra/gnome-games ("gnome-extra/gnome-games" is blocking games-puzzle/five-or-more-3.8.2, games-puzzle/quadrapassel-3.8.1, games-puzzle/gnome-tetravex-3.8.1, games-puzzle/swell-foop-3.8.1, games-board/gnome-chess-3.8.3, games-puzzle/gnome-sudoku-3.8.1, games-board/iagno-3.8.1, games-board/four-in-a-row-3.8.1, games-puzzle/gnome-klotski-3.8.2, games-board/gnome-mines-3.8.1, games-arcade/gnome-robots-3.8.1)                                                                   
[ebuild     U  ] app-editors/gedit-3.8.3 [3.6.2-r1] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_2%* python3_3%*"
[ebuild     U  ] x11-terms/gnome-terminal-3.8.4 [3.6.2] USE="nautilus%*"
[ebuild  N     ] sys-fs/udev-206  USE="acl firmware-loader gudev hwdb kmod openrc -doc -introspection (-selinux) -static-libs"
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/udev-206  USE="gudev hwdb kmod -introspection (-selinux) -static-libs"
[ebuild     U  ] x11-misc/colord-0.1.34 [0.1.28] USE="systemd* -scanner%"
[ebuild     U  ] net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth-3.8.1 [3.6.1]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gvfs-1.16.3 [1.14.2] USE="systemd* -gnome-online-accounts% -mtp% {-test%}"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-extra/nm-applet-0.9.8.2 [0.9.6.4-r1] USE="introspection%* -modemmanager%"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.4 [3.6.4]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-core-libs-3.8.0 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] media-video/cheese-3.8.3 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.8.4.1 [3.6.3-r1] USE="-modemmanager%"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.8.0-r1 [3.6.2] USE="games%*"
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.8.3-r2 [3.6.3.1]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.8.0 [3.6.2]
[ebuild     U  ] gnome-base/gnome-3.8.0 [3.6.2]
[blocks B      ] sys-fs/udev ("sys-fs/udev" is blocking sys-apps/systemd-206)
[blocks B      ] sys-apps/systemd ("sys-apps/systemd" is blocking sys-fs/udev-206)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

net-libs/webkit-gtk:3

(net-libs/webkit-gtk-2.0.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.11.92:3[jit?] required by (www-client/epiphany-3.8.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.10.2-r300::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.6:3/3= required by (net-libs/libproxy-0.4.11-r1::gentoo, installed)

media-libs/cogl:1.0

(media-libs/cogl-1.14.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/cogl-1.14.0:1.0=[introspection?,pango] required by (media-libs/clutter-1.14.4-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (and 1 more with the same problem)

(media-libs/cogl-1.12.2-r1::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=media-libs/cogl-1.10:1.0/11=[introspection] required by (media-libs/clutter-gst-2.0.6::gentoo, installed)
    media-libs/cogl:1.0/11=[introspection] required by (media-libs/clutter-gtk-1.4.2::gentoo, installed)
    media-libs/cogl:1.0/11= required by (net-im/empathy-3.8.3::gentoo, installed)

sys-auth/pambase:0

(sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    sys-auth/pambase[consolekit] required by (sys-auth/polkit-0.111::gentoo, installed)

(sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    sys-auth/pambase[systemd] required by (gnome-base/gdm-3.8.3.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

gnome-base/gnome-desktop:3

(gnome-base/gnome-desktop-3.8.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=gnome-base/gnome-desktop-3.8.0:3 required by (gnome-base/gnome-core-libs-3.8.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    (and 4 more with the same problem)

(gnome-base/gnome-desktop-3.6.3::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    gnome-base/gnome-desktop:3/4= required by (gnome-extra/gnome-color-manager-3.6.1::gentoo, installed)

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(sys-fs/udev-206::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=sys-fs/udev-206[gudev?,hwdb?,introspection?,kmod?,selinux?,static-libs?] (>=sys-fs/udev-206[gudev,hwdb,kmod]) required by (virtual/udev-206::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(sys-apps/systemd-206::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=sys-apps/systemd-186[pam] required by (gnome-base/gdm-3.8.3.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-31 required by (gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.8.3-r2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-31 required by (gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.8.4.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-44-r1[pam] required by (sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-44 required by (x11-misc/colord-0.1.34::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    sys-apps/systemd required by @selected
    sys-apps/systemd required by (gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.8.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    sys-apps/systemd required by (gnome-base/gvfs-1.16.3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-38 required by (gnome-extra/gnome-system-monitor-3.8.2.1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    sys-apps/systemd required by (virtual/service-manager-0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-apps/systemd-183 required by (gnome-base/gnome-session-3.8.2.1-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    sys-apps/systemd required by (net-wireless/bluez-4.101-r5::gentoo, installed)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#blocked

First a blocker between udev (not installed) and systemd (installed) is reported. I am confused why (virtual/)udev is pulled in anyway? Note: I started up this system using openrc, not systemd!
pacho2
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how can it occur: virtual/udev is also satisfied by systemd :|

Maybe portage is failing to resolve it for some reason: did you try to add sys-fs/udev to your package.mask and see what portage tries to use to satisfy the virtual?
Helena
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacho2 wrote:
I don't understand how can it occur: virtual/udev is also satisfied by systemd :|

Maybe portage is failing to resolve it for some reason: did you try to add sys-fs/udev to your package.mask and see what portage tries to use to satisfy the virtual?
The first problem has been removed, thanks! I had to change a USE flag (gudev) for systemd but the blocker has now gone.

Now I am trying to circumvent the other conflicts by first uninstalling all 4 complaining packages and then updating @world. So far emerge is continuing, I will report back later.
pacho2
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helena wrote:
pacho2 wrote:

The first problem has been removed, thanks! I had to change a USE flag (gudev) for systemd but the blocker has now gone.

Now I am trying to circumvent the other conflicts by first uninstalling all 4 complaining packages and then updating @world. So far emerge is continuing, I will report back later.

What exact change did you do? I guess "gudev" USE was set differently in sys-fs/udev, sys-apps/systemd and virtual/udev?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: