Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Zimmerman
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Like the idiot democrats who show up at Tea Party events holding racist signs...

Plenty idiots there already. No need for more.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GabrielYYZ wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That means there's still an unreasonable doubt, which is all racist bigots need, especially when their usual mind-puppets are tugging their fear string and their herd string.

Someone is "not guilty" due to reasonable doubt, not beyond reasonable doubt. Not guilty beyond reasonable doubt == innocence and that's not why people get acquited. Remember the burden of proof falls on the prosecution and the standard for that is "beyond reasonable doubt".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof#Standard_of_proof:_United_States

@energyman: That's not right either, the presumption of innocence is just a legal instrument to put the burden of proof on the prosecution, because they're the ones making the assertion the defendant's guilty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence#Meaning

PS: Other than that, this thread's getting moldy now...

No, you're wrong. That's not all it means; that's just it's implications in the courtroom. Presumption of innocence means we consider someone to be innocent unless they are shown to be guilty. You don't get to trump up charges against a man based solely on your own racial bigotry and lack of understanding of the law, harrangue him into court, and then, after he is found not guilty because you had literally no case against him, launch a hate-inspired campaign of defamation lacking any grounding in the law. That's a deliberate violation of civil rights.
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
GabrielYYZ wrote:
BoneKracker wrote:
Not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That means there's still an unreasonable doubt, which is all racist bigots need, especially when their usual mind-puppets are tugging their fear string and their herd string.

Someone is "not guilty" due to reasonable doubt, not beyond reasonable doubt. Not guilty beyond reasonable doubt == innocence and that's not why people get acquited. Remember the burden of proof falls on the prosecution and the standard for that is "beyond reasonable doubt".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof#Standard_of_proof:_United_States

@energyman: That's not right either, the presumption of innocence is just a legal instrument to put the burden of proof on the prosecution, because they're the ones making the assertion the defendant's guilty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence#Meaning

PS: Other than that, this thread's getting moldy now...

No, you're wrong. That's not all it means; that's just it's implications in the courtroom. Presumption of innocence means we consider someone to be innocent unless they are shown to be guilty. You don't get to trump up charges against a man based solely on your own racial bigotry and lack of understanding of the law, harrangue him into court, and then, after he is found not guilty because you had literally no case against him, launch a hate-inspired campaign of defamation lacking any grounding in the law. That's a deliberate violation of civil rights.

So, "no, you're wrong" and then the same pointless diatribe that's been repeated ad nauseam? Well, i stand corrected.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but the law is pretty clear, even if there are a lot of ignorant people who don't understand it, and people of low morals willing to take advantage of them for personal or ideological gain.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
CONFIRMED: Left Wing Plant at Houston Pro-Zimmerman Rally Is Far Left Activist

Quote:
LEFTIST PLANT INFILTRATES HOUSTON PRO-ZIMMERMAN RALLY–
Liberal Media runs with it

A photo from the Houston pro-Zimmerman counter-rally of the NBPP anti-Zimmerman rally picked up by the AP shows a woman holding a sign that read, “Racist & Proud.”

That looked incongruent with the other reports from the pro-Zimmerman side.
The Houston Chronicle identified her as Renee Vaughan:
Quote:
One woman in the Zimmerman group held a sign that said, “We’re racist & proud.”

Austin resident Renee Vaughan echoed the sign’s ugly sentiments by yelling, “We’re racist. We’re proud. We’re better because we’re white,” at the Martin group as they passed, according to the Chronicle.

The act to smear the Zimmerman supporters as racists with a leftist plant worked as the photo and comment was picked up and spread worldwide.

UPDATE: Brandon Darby interviewed Renee Vaughan at the rally. She told him her sign means that “there are people here who are racist and apparently think that’s OK. I’m not one of them. I’m being sarcastic.”

:roll:

Like the idiot democrats who show up at Tea Party events holding racist signs... it's not sarcasm, it's dishonest smear tactics which the will media run with.

Yet, when the Conservatives start doing this back to them, you'll hear all kinds of screams of bloody murder. The media themselves sometimes orchestrate this shit, so they can have something inflammatory to report about.

CNN is infamous for it, having put several plants into their panel of supposedly "undecided voters" after the first McCain/Obama debate and asking them who won (while everybody everywhere was saying McCain had won). They then interpreted the feedback from this panel to indicate that it was a tie, but a tie favored Obama. By the next day, despite everybody else saying otherwise, the New York Times was running with that story. By two days later, all the rest of the liberal media was citing the New York Times story as a declaration that Obama had won the debate. By three days later, the TV news was referring to it as "Obama's decisive debate victory".

Lies and propaganda are the life's blood of the Left. They even lie to themselves. It's like watching a bunch of people running around in circles chanting "red is green" until they all believe it. "Follow the sign of the gourd!" "Ignorance is strength!" The people who instigate the populist crap actually think they're doing everybody a favor.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread has grown large, so it would have needed to be split. This seemed like a good place.

Zimmerman (continued)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to: