Emerge Problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philou755
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Emerge Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here, and i have a little problem with emerge.
I try to update gentoo with this:

Code:
emerge --deep --update --newuse world

And emerge return this:

Code:
Calculating dependencies /

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for www-plugins/adobe-flash from @selected
... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "www-plugins/adobe-flash" has unmet requirements.
- www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.291-r1::gentoo USE="(-32bit) (-64bit) -debug -kde (-multilib) (-selinux) -sse2 -vdpau"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    sse2

This is my make.conf file:

Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
#MAKEOPTS="-j2"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
LINGUAS="fr"

USE="cups html bindist python libkms xa X gudev hwdb consolekit policykit sqlite apng minizip"
REQUIRED_USE="sse2"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="Oracle-BCLA-JavaSE AdobeFlash-11.x"

#"GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.gentoo.org/ ftp://gentoo.imj.fr/pub/gentoo/ http://mirrors.linuxant.fr/distfiles.gentoo.org/ ftp://mirrors.linuxant.fr/distfiles.gentoo.org/ http://gentoo.modulix.net/gentoo/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/"

#SYNC="rsync://rsync1.fr.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

I added REQUIRED_USE="sse2" in my make.conf, but i still have the problem.
Thx for your help.
renegart
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Emerge Problem Reply with quote

philou755 wrote:
Hello,

I'm new here, and i have a little problem with emerge.
I try to update gentoo with this:

Code:
emerge --deep --update --newuse world

And emerge return this:

Code:
Calculating dependencies /

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for www-plugins/adobe-flash from @selected
... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "www-plugins/adobe-flash" has unmet requirements.
- www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.291-r1::gentoo USE="(-32bit) (-64bit) -debug -kde (-multilib) (-selinux) -sse2 -vdpau"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    sse2

This is my make.conf file:

Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
#MAKEOPTS="-j2"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
LINGUAS="fr"

USE="cups html bindist python libkms xa X gudev hwdb consolekit policykit sqlite apng minizip"
REQUIRED_USE="sse2"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="Oracle-BCLA-JavaSE AdobeFlash-11.x"

#"GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.gentoo.org/ ftp://gentoo.imj.fr/pub/gentoo/ http://mirrors.linuxant.fr/distfiles.gentoo.org/ ftp://mirrors.linuxant.fr/distfiles.gentoo.org/ http://gentoo.modulix.net/gentoo/ ftp://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/ http://mirror.ovh.net/gentoo-distfiles/"

#SYNC="rsync://rsync1.fr.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"

I added REQUIRED_USE="sse2" in my make.conf, but i still have the problem.
Thx for your help.

You have to add it to your USE variable
Punchcutter
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope renegart solved OP's problem, and that it's not therefore obnoxious for me to hijack this thread :), but...

I wondered if anyone could explain the logic behind adobe-flash's REQUIRING a particular USE flag, when it doesn't seem to be related to interaction/dependency with anything else. Seems to me that if a package like adobe-flash, which is apparently an "island" in portage, requires a certain build option, it should simply be removed as a USE flag (rather than keeping it, but forcing everyone to set it) because it's not, by definition, strictly optional any more. Is this just a quirky choice by the package maintainer, or does it make some sense that I'm not aware of? Looks like it could possibly be related to my hardware, but... is portage looking into my kernel to decide such things? Thanks.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punchcutter wrote:
Well, I hope renegart solved OP's problem, and that it's not therefore obnoxious for me to hijack this thread :), but...

I wondered if anyone could explain the logic behind adobe-flash's REQUIRING a particular USE flag, when it doesn't seem to be related to interaction/dependency with anything else. Seems to me that if a package like adobe-flash, which is apparently an "island" in portage, requires a certain build option, it should simply be removed as a USE flag (rather than keeping it, but forcing everyone to set it) because it's not, by definition, strictly optional any more. Is this just a quirky choice by the package maintainer, or does it make some sense that I'm not aware of? Looks like it could possibly be related to my hardware, but... is portage looking into my kernel to decide such things? Thanks.
First, please do not hijack a thread for something unrelated. Second, for your own benefit, do not hijack threads with such generic titles. Third, please provide more context. After researching your report, I found www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2 is built with SSE2 instructions, where this check was added because Adobe assumes all CPUs support SSE2. The check is an attempt to discourage users from installing the package on CPUs which lack SSE2 support, since users should set CPU-feature flags (if at all) once, and leave them be.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: