View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this thread needs a good measure of anarchism. Here's some Emma Goldman:
http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/emma-goldman-the-child-and-its-enemies
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I have no problems with authoritarianism
obviously :lol:
I'm the type of person that always pushes boundaries so I appreciate boundaries. I have been in the situation that the kid was in more times than I'd like to remember. 25 years later I like to think I have grown up a little
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
I'm the type of person that always pushes boundaries so I appreciate boundaries. I have been in the situation that the kid was in more times than I'd like to remember. 25 years later I like to think I have grown up a little

Just because you have mellowed out (as expected) doesn't mean that EVERYBODY should be at same stage. Kids are kids.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:

You go to school to learn about life. Part of that is dealing with the consequences of you actions. The person in this story has learned a very important lesson: namely if you can't to the time, don't do the crime

What lesson is that? Your local thug, who happens to be the head of some organization, is enforcing some arbitrary non-rule? Frankly, it's the head teacher that needs to learn a lesson. Follow your own goddam rules. He has the power to change them if he doesn't like them (likely will need to pass some sort of committee, so it may not).
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Just because you have mellowed out (as expected) doesn't mean that EVERYBODY should be at same stage. Kids are kids.
So? Because I am older and more experienced means I can't offer the result of that knowledge?
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

So? Because I am older and more experienced means I can't offer the result of that knowledge?

Write a book.
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Write a book.
My Medium is the Gentoo forums. Take it or leave it
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Write a book.

How's that working out for ya? Keep it up then. :lol:
Butts McCokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Write a book.

Brilliant. So good I was asked to come back
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Prenj wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Muso wrote:
cokehabit wrote:

Write a book.

Brilliant. So good I was asked to come back

Cool, good to have you back.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff never answered my question.
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the official business out of the way: we have rules against quote pyramids for a reason, take note and comply.

Muso wrote:
In my freshman year of high school (this was in the late 80's), I was pulled into the office for wearing an upside down cross around my neck. I was told that some students found it offensive. I told the VP that I found the cross offensive. So unless they were banned from wearing crosses, I would continue to wear mine upside down.

That was the last I ever heard of the issue.
So you were protesting a symbol of piety by wearing a symbol of piety with more self effacing overtones? Sad, really, especially with loosely specified others taking offense at what was at worst tacky costume jewelry.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
So you were protesting a symbol of piety by wearing a symbol of piety with more self effacing overtones? Sad, really, especially with loosely specified others taking offense at what was at worst tacky costume jewelry.

I was a 14 year old who was tired of religion being shoved down my throat and the double standard I kept seeing. Being a 14 year old, I acted like a smart ass about it.
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
To get the official business out of the way: we have rules against quote pyramids for a reason, take note and comply.

Muso wrote:
In my freshman year of high school (this was in the late 80's), I was pulled into the office for wearing an upside down cross around my neck. I was told that some students found it offensive. I told the VP that I found the cross offensive. So unless they were banned from wearing crosses, I would continue to wear mine upside down.

That was the last I ever heard of the issue.

All this moral overtone just states that you are not mature enough to realize that these are kids. Remember yourself at that age? That's right.
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prenj wrote:
All this moral overtone just states that you are not mature enough to realize that these are kids. Remember yourself at that age? That's right.
Or, maybe, just maybe, I know myself better than you do. Perhaps, the perspective from within my own mind was correct about how I was having a bit of fun with him while (successfully) trying to find out if he was engaging in researched trolling of bible thumpers (those who pay little attention at best to its contents, but still hide behind it and try to use it to control others) or if he was just trying for a quick bit of sacrilege. It might even be the case that sacrilege does not itself bother me, but that the ignorance of the subject matter, especially by those complaining was, to me, worth lament, if only for rhetorical purposes.

Who knows, maybe you read what you did into that post because your mental image of yourself at that age precludes executing a bit of research for an elegant troll and you somehow think that having the previously unstated irony of ones actions pointed out is necessarily a sign of disapproval, as opposed to a means of fleshing out a story.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: