Java core dump
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Nell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Java core dump Reply with quote

I installed jitsi-bin from the pentoo overlay, but can't get it to work. Any ideas why java dumps core here?
How does it have a dependency on libGL?

Code:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb2b707f9, pid=3342, tid=3008363328
#
# JRE version: 7.0_21-b11
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (23.21-b01 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libGL.so.1+0x707f9]  glXChooseVisual+0xaf69

I did change graphics cards - switched from Intel to NVidia in the BIOS, updated VIDEO_CARDS, installed the nvidia driver and ran emerge -uDN world. opengl is set to nvidia. Not sure what else is needed.
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, the Java herd would like to look into this. I think this could also be Mesa related looking at some Google results, but we need some more details before we can be more certain about that. Could you please file a bug about this at https://bugs.gentoo.org and attach the output of `java-config -l` (lowelcase el), `java-config -L` (uppercase el) and log information? Normally, the log should be in your current working directory; if not, could you try to look in /var/log for it instead or otherwise capture a strace of the program crashing? Also, did you try the other OpenGL implementation when you tried Intel?

The Pentoo overlay maintainer has been contacted to see whether he has any more particular idea about this (eg. other users reporting this) as well as such that he can track progress on this.

Thank you for reporting in advance.
Zero_Chaos
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run it on hardened systems before and never had any issues, however, I am running with icedtea and never tested (or installed) oracle's java. There is nothing odd about this that I'm aware of nor anything special I did to make it work on my end. I'd be happy to fix anything you figure out but I'm not sure what's going on here unless it is calling for OpenGL and it's not in the deps properly.
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the above requested information, please comment on the bug with `emerge --info` information as well so we can more specifically see which versions of software and certain system settings are involved. Thank you in advance.
Princess Nell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I proceed with a bug report: does mesa have anything to do with it? I didn't re-emerge mesa after switching, and emerge -pv mesa doesn't list any flags related to nvidia. Also, I don't really know what exactly this means:
Code:

# eselect  mesa list
i915 (Intel 915, 945)
  [1]   gallium *
i965 (Intel 965, G/Q3x, G/Q4x)
  [1]   classic *
r300 (Radeon R300-R500)
r600 (Radeon R600-R700, Evergreen, Northern Islands)
sw (Software renderer)
  [1]   classic
  [2]   gallium *
#
Zero_Chaos
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error suggests an opengl issue, perhaps "eselect opengl" should be consulted. I know I always use xorg-x11 as the nvidia one basically never works for me.
Princess Nell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dropping this since I removed jitsi again due to serious lack of features. No NAT support is a killer.

I am convinced I got the easy stuff like eselct opengl right, but something else was missing. I actually didn't find any good instructions to achieve what I was doing, switching between Intel and NVidia.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: