ESET NOD32 on Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venomxxl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: ESET NOD32 on Gentoo Reply with quote

Hello

I'm planning to install Gentoo on my laptop in the near future (probably first week of July).
I have almost a year of my NOD32 license left. I heard that ESET released a version for Linux, but I've never used it.
Anyone here that had some experience with it? What can you tell me about it? Is it even possible to install it on Gentoo?
_______0
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you joking ?
venomxxl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not. I don't want to waste my license, so I'm asking if it works on Gentoo.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use NOD32 when I was mostly using Windows. When that shifted to mostly Linux I changed to Zonealarm --> avira
I havn't used eset for linux, but it does exist (32b and 64b)

I just tried the installer. A very windows-esc installer and it politely installs into /opt (rather then spreading itself all over the place). It also has a nice uninstaller. It comes with all the libs it needs to run (best way to install uninfected files)

it runs just fine as well btw.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only malware I've ever found in my Linux boxes was some Java related stuff in browser cache which didn't run on Linux.
venomxxl
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback :)
7update
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ESET NOD32 on Gentoo Reply with quote

venomxxl wrote:
Hello

I'm planning to install Gentoo on my laptop in the near future (probably first week of July).
I have almost a year of my NOD32 license left. I heard that ESET released a version for Linux, but I've never used it.
Anyone here that had some experience with it? What can you tell me about it? Is it even possible to install it on Gentoo?

Eset antivirus is okay with all system. there is no problem to use mac or linux or unix or windows or ... and if you are afraid of your licence I suggest to visit this page: www.7update.com/category/nod32 you can use from free safe keys on this website. the keys or licence that work for Eset , is okay every Operating system. don't worry about.
taozhijiang
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: ESET NOD32 on Gentoo Reply with quote

7update wrote:
venomxxl wrote:
Hello

Eset antivirus is okay with all system. there is no problem to use mac or linux or unix or windows or ... and if you are afraid of your licence I suggest to visit this page: www.7update.com/category/nod32 you can use from free safe keys on this website. the keys or licence that work for Eset , is okay every Operating system. don't worry about.

Mark it, thank you very much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: