View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: seamonkey cpu usage Reply with quote

Hello.

I've been having problems with seamonkey lately. It sometimes reach cpu pikes that will completely freeze the browser and hurt badly the performance of the system. Those pikes last from a few seconds to around one minute. It always comes back, it never segfaults.

I've been looking around, and found that the seamonkey news reader stuff can provoque this (it happens in firefox as well, it seems), but it's not my case because I don't use that at all. I only use the browser component.

It's seems to happen more frequently when I use the firebug extension, but it has happened as well when it's not in use.

I was wondering if any of you, in Gentoo, has suffered this same problem.

It's not critical, but quite annoying when you are working in something and you have to stop every now and then because of this.

Also, this happens in my p4 laptop. I never noticed this in my desktop, though now I wonder if it also happens there (I rarely use since a few months ago). Maybe it happens in that machine as well but I didn't notice the slowdown because it's a multicore machine...
mahdi1234
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which package do you use?

I used to notice this in seamonkey, but because it took 84mins on my cpu to compile switched some time ago to seamonkey-bin and haven't noticed since. No idea if it could have been one of the useflags or what exactly.

Other thing is I have to restart Seamonkey once i a while (like after a week or so) because it seems not releasing something properly after longer usage/many sleep&wake cycles, but this doesn't bother me much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: