View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: QT Config settings not being saved. Reply with quote

I have had no success getting my QT applications (Konsole, Skype, etc) to properly render or input (ibus) Japanese characters.
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-956976-highlight-.html

In QT Config it indicates the following:
Quote:
Fonts

Use this tab to select the default font for your Qt applications. The selected font is shown (initially as 'Sample Text') in the line edit below the Family, Style and Point Size drop down lists.
Qt has a powerful font substitution feature that allows you to specify a list of substitute fonts. Substitute fonts are used when a font cannot be loaded, or if the specified font doesn't have a particular character.
For example, if you select the font Lucida, which doesn't have Korean characters, but need to show some Korean text using the Mincho font family you can do so by adding Mincho to the list. Once Mincho is added, any Korean characters that are not found in the Lucida font will be taken from the Mincho font. Because the font substitutions are lists, you can also select multiple families, such as Song Ti (for use with Chinese text).

However when I set the substitute font to one that can render Japanese, MSGothic etc, and "save" the config. It doesn't save. When I reboot, or logout/login, it returns to what I assume is the default setting. This happens whether I run QT Config as a user or root. Any ideas? It isn't throwing any warning or error and I do have the appropriate permissions.

I don't know if this is relevant to my ibus input problems but if I run the config from the CLI the GUI successfully launches but in the terminal it states:

Quote:
# qtconfig
Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon

Last edited by Budoka on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem persists. Anyone have any idea???
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: