Editing CSS
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Editing CSS Reply with quote

Hello.

Lately I find myself writing a lot of CSS for one or another completely different purpose.

I've been using bluefish for like a decade or so, but lately it's becoming a bit unbearable. It has some serious problem with long lines (and when you use base64 images in your css that's a problem). It becomes completely irresponsive and I have to kill it. The gtk3 migration has gone wrong in many ways, and anyway I was feeling it was the time for a change for a few other reasons.

I've had my share of vim and emacs in the past, so don't bother suggesting any of these. I can work with them, but it's not what I am looking for right now.

I've been a few years using bluefish without interruption, 24/7, so I am not sure what's available right now in the GUI department. I am no zealot of either toolkit, so, as long as it's X based, please, share with me! :D

Thanks!!

Last edited by i92guboj on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
666threesixes666
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use gedit, kwrite, and seamonkey's web editor if you want your css played out for testing it.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use seamonkey since day zero, but I've never seen its editor as something serious (at least not compared to the browser component). Maybe I am mistaken but I don't think it can play in the same league of bluefish). I'll give another try though. Admittedly, it's been long since the last time I checked it.

Thank you :)
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can wrap base64 URLs in CSS. I don't remember if it needs backslashes or not but I know it's possible.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant P. wrote:
You can wrap base64 URLs in CSS. I don't remember if it needs backslashes or not but I know it's possible.

Sure I can, however even nano handles long lines like these just fine. So should bluefish. :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: