Digikam: Problems with image rotation and renaming
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boccaccio
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Digikam: Problems with image rotation and renaming Reply with quote

Dear all,

since a few months, digikam stopped renaming images when they are imported from my SD carded mounted in the card reader. I can still give a renaming scheme in the import window but on the preview side, digikam no longer shows the new name below the pictures and it also does not rename the pictures once they are downloaded from the card.
In addition, there is an issue with the autorotation of pictures (used to work properly before but then stopped working at the same time as the renaming). While digikam itself will show pictures properly rotated and gwenview also displays them properly, the pictures are not properly rotated when used as a background for my desktop. Only when i run the command jhead -autorot *jpg on the files, they are properly displayed in both gwenview and as a background. However, once I rotate them this way, they are no longer shown properly rotated in digikam.

I would be very grateful if anybody has ideas how to solve these problems and I am happy to provide any further information needed.
Section_8
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I had the same problem last week downloading pictures - digikam left file names in upper case (I have a naming scheme to lower case them). I haven't tried to fix it, though - this is just a "me too" post.

Edit: looks like this is the bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=314441
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: