Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
Nope that is you backpedalling.

By saying Democrats and Republicans are racists, you leave out Independents, Liberals, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, Robert Barr voters and Ralph Nader supporters.

Given a few more posts, you would have come back and said this:

"Even though the Republican and the Democratic parties are dominant in the US, there are very many people who do not support either parties and therefore cannot be called racists. In-fact vast majority of Americans are not racist at-all. They are milk drinking, tree hugging Gandhi followers."

See, how well I know you from across the planet?

:lol:

There are few people who vote anything other than Republican or Democrat. If I had to guess, I'd say about half of the U.S. population, if interrogated under truth serum, would be qualified as racists.

I don't live there and can only go by what I've seen, but I'd say that number in Europe is closer to 85% (although they cover it up quite actively), lacking freedom of speech and having so many authoritarian collectivists running around trying eliminate everything anybody can identify with except The Collective.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
Why do I argue this point if I'm not a "dyed in the wool Republican"? Because it's a major facet of the populist demagoguery of the authoritarian collectivist Left. Like "gun violents", "teh war on wimmunz", "Repubicans are anti-scyents" and so on. Democrats are far from being alone in their use of such populist nonsense, but lately it's becoming their whole platform and their entire world, and they are actually starting to like the smell of and believe their own propaganda farts.

Yeah... I actually agree with this. I've been accused of being the "evil right wing boogeyman" because I had the gall to point out to an associate of mine that while I agreed with their leftist sentiment that their argument for it was completely flawed. What I was really trying to do was give them a more logical argument since it was was something I believed in and supported and didn't want them spreading such a dumbass, easily defeated argument for it. But the demagoguery was strong with that one and it ended up in them losing control and by the end of it I was George Bush's right hand man when we decided to invade Iraq, or something. I also regularly block the idiots on my facebook that regurgitate everything they write from liberal blogs and MSNBC and clearly didn't question, research, or sanity check what they're espousing, but will defend it with a rabid ferocity. I do the same thing for idiots on my facebook that regurgitate everything they read on conservative blogs and FOX and clearly didn't question, research, or sanity check what they're espousing, but will defend it with a rabid ferocity.

That said, this is where I start to see thing different from you.... populist demagoguery in place of reason has always been part of politics and probably always will be. If you go back and look at old political ads and speeches, the same shit has been going on forever. Actually, an of used and favorite emotional appeals is the ol, "we're on the edge of the cliff, and if we don't stop group foo from their madness, all hope will be lost!"
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:

Pretty much all Europeans are racists (they just pretend they're not, because it's not PC), and you definitely are. Tell us how you feel about the Turks who live in Germany? :P

Europe is definitely more racist than the Americas from my experience. Britain is by far the best and pretty close to the americas, but still behind in some ways.

Turks are hard working and make good food from my limited experience. I had a turk working for me some time back. Worked his job and then came to my house afterwards. At that point, he said he had worked two straight months.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: