Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Clisp compile error [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Clisp compile error [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I am having trouble with clisp on both my computers. the error I keep getting is
Code:
gcc -march=native -O2 -pipe -Wa,--noexecstack -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-declarations -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-format-nonliteral -O -falign-functions=4 -DENABLE_UNICODE -DDYNAMIC_FFI -I. -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed  spvw.o spvwtabf.o spvwtabs.o spvwtabo.o eval.o control.o encoding.o pathname.o stream.o socket.o io.o funarg.o array.o hashtabl.o list.o package.o record.o weak.o sequence.o charstrg.o debug.o error.o misc.o time.o predtype.o symbol.o lisparit.o i18n.o foreign.o unixaux.o built.o modules.o /usr/lib64/libreadline.so -lncurses -ldl /usr/lib64/libavcall.so /usr/lib64/libcallback.so  -L/usr/lib64 -lsigsegv -L/usr/lib64 -lc libgnu_cl.a -o lisp.run
./lisp.run -B . -N locale -E UTF-8 -Epathname 1:1 -Emisc 1:1 -norc -m 2MW -lp ../src/ -x '(and (load "../src/init.lisp") (sys::%saveinitmem) (ext::exit)) (ext::exit t)'
./lisp.run: error while loading shared libraries: libavcall.so.0: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied
make: *** [interpreted.mem] Error 127

I tried on the newest 2 versions of clisp with the same problem.

Build log
emerge --info '=dev-lisp/clisp-2.49-r7'

EDIT: It turns out this is a known issue on hardened. Using a gentoo-sources kernel does allow clisp to build.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.

Last edited by The Doctor on Tue May 07, 2013 1:41 am; edited 2 times in total
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally executing instructions on stack is a method of exploiting buffer overflows. Apparently clisp testing requires executable stacks and something is prohibiting it.

Are you running SELinux (which is one thing that prohibits exec-stacks)? The bruteforce method of "fixing" this is disabling executable stack checks.

[Edit: actually I'm not sure what the right way to truly fix this is... sounds like perhaps the code needs to be rewritten to not need executable stacks or dependency on !selinux]
The Doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not running SELinux, but I am running a hardened kernel with PaX which may be causing the problem.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds like it will also cause the same issue...
Sorry, not sure what the fix is but to lift the shield... :(
The Doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I'll try building a vanilla kernel and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, I'll file a bug and mark this as solved.

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: