Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
bogamol wrote:
We had two small IED bombs go off, three dead maybe a hundred wounded. We've caught one of the two bombers already. It's already handled; so aid is of no use to us. Also, the bombers turned out to be Russian.

Coming from the Russians, how in the hell do you think that anything short of an apology is pertinent?!

I am sure the russians will apologize as soon as you apologize for creating the problem in the first place. Or Georgia. Or pretty much everything else.

Are you still upset that the Soviet Union failed in such dramatic fashion? :lol:
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking cunts.

Muso wins.

Last edited by Prenj on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
wildhorse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblabla has everything under control, including the Soviet American Union (SAU).
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Also, playing the race card? How pathetic. These muzzies aren't brown.
Take race out of it, and it still stands. "Christian does something = he's not a real Christian. Muslim does something = Muslims are evil."

On a related note, have you heard the comments of the uncles and parents? The uncles think the elder / dead one was a "loser" while they were shocked at the other one. And the parents react as if its a conspiracy (the father made a threat if the other one is killed). Do you think they're all somehow involved or know more than they're letting on? Is the reaction of the uncles genuine, or are they hiding something since they'll need to continue living in their neighborhood?

Just curious. I give them all the benefit of the doubt until information suggests otherwise.

And another general comment, I find the authoritarian presence disturbing, not reassuring. Not to mention 200! rounds to kill only one of them (it sounds by accident, and it may have been a bomb of his own doing).

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently more gunshots. May have him cornered in Watertown.

EDIT: Confirmed. He's in a boat.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
bogamol wrote:
We had two small IED bombs go off, three dead maybe a hundred wounded. We've caught one of the two bombers already. It's already handled; so aid is of no use to us. Also, the bombers turned out to be Russian.

Coming from the Russians, how in the hell do you think that anything short of an apology is pertinent?!

I am sure the russians will apologize as soon as you apologize for creating the problem in the first place. Or Georgia. Or pretty much everything else.

Are you still upset that the Soviet Union failed in such dramatic fashion? :lol:

hehe, I thought Obama is a sovjet general that took over the U.S.A? so the Sovjet Union haven't failed, because it was their plan all along... :wink:
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
Old School wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
bogamol wrote:

hehe, I thought Obama is a sovjet general that took over the U.S.A? so the Sovjet Union haven't failed, because it was their plan all along... :wink:

No, no, no. Obummer is Muslim. It's all part of their jihad plan. :twisted:
Naib
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Muso wrote:
Also, playing the race card? How pathetic. These muzzies aren't brown.
Take race out of it, and it still stands. "Christian does something = he's not a real Christian. Muslim does something = Muslims are evil."

On a related note, have you heard the comments of the uncles and parents? The uncles think the elder / dead one was a "loser" while they were shocked at the other one. And the parents react as if its a conspiracy (the father made a threat if the other one is killed). Do you think they're all somehow involved or know morei than they're letting on? Is the reaction of the uncles genuine, or are they hiding something since they'll need to continue living in their neighborhood?

Just curious. I give them all the benefit of the doubt until information suggests otherwise.

And another general comment, I find the authoritarian presence disturbing, not reassuring. Not to mention 200! rounds to kill only one of them (it sounds by accident, and it may have been a bomb of his own doing).
its also quite apt cause the face in that img is that of the bloke that sent ricin to the president this week
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Apparently more gunshots. May have him cornered in Watertown.

EDIT: Confirmed. He's in a boat.

Oh cool. Hopefully they gun him down. Then they can parade his corpse through Boston while the citizens line up to piss on his deformed body.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~10 explosions in the general area of the boat.

Personally I'd have preferred he not be a martyr. Especially since the FBI talked to the older brother 2 years ago about extremist ties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunshots not explosions.
McGruff
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muslimo wrote:
My "radar" was accurate

You were wrong and you will always be wrong because you did not know. People who believe they know things based on anything other than solid evidence are only ever correct by accident.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They captured the second one alive. He was apparently hiding in somebody's boat in their back yard, still in Watertown.

My speculations were pretty much right on. I was right that it was a small group of two or three homegrown Islamic terrorists probably from the Boston area, that they used backpack bombs, and that they were either college students or unemployed derka derkas (one was a UMass Dartmouth student (which is just outside of Boston), and the other was apparently trying to become a boxer but not doing so well).

I said they were operating at an Internet level of competency, and depending on how stupid they were, they'd be identified based on security camera footage.

What did I get wrong? Not much, if I do say so myself. I would have expected the college student to be an engineering major, and I don't what his major was jet. I would have expected the older one to have been an unemployed techno-yuppie, but I don't know what his job actually was (I think he was an unemployed would-be boxer).

Admittedly, it was nothing but speculation, but it was pretty close to the way things turned out.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Muslimo wrote:
My "radar" was accurate

You were wrong and you will always be wrong because you did not know. People who believe they know things based on anything other than solid evidence are only ever correct by accident.

I was right, and it bothers you. 8)
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.” ~ T. McKenna
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgruff wrote:
Muslimo wrote:
My "radar" was accurate

That is Spock talking.

It took Kirk to get Spock to recognize his "gut instinct."
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to be the first to personally thank Obama for personally capturing the suspect.

BoneKracker wrote:
They captured the second one alive. He was apparently hiding in somebody's boat in their back yard, still in Watertown.
Been there, done that. :P

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
I would like to be the first to personally thank Obama for personally capturing the suspect.

He was intametly involved, personally approved the plans, and made sure they took extra "armored personnel carriers" (as the media are calling the MRAP trucks). If he hadn't been personally inputting his excellents, they would have excaped.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say it's quite affecting how much most of you trust the government, their agencies and the media. Really!! :P

I would like to congratulate the FBI or else for their fast success, but I just thought about that there are maybe many americans that had those deeper insights like Muso and it's probably always a good strategy to satisfy the people :wink:

oh no, now I do speculate about some complots and cover stories because I just watched Nikita :roll:
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
Prenj
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneKracker wrote:
If he hadn't been personally inputting his excellents, they would have excaped.

:lol: Of course, he sat meditating and aligning the timelines on quantum level to make it happen!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoTeK wrote:
I must say it's quite affecting how much most of you trust the government, their agencies and the media. Really!! :P
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011 after a request from a foreign government, US law enforcements officials have confirmed. But agents closed the case after finding no cause for concern.

In an interview on Russian television, the mother of the two suspects said the FBI had been in contact with her son for several years.

It is not known which country made the request, but the BBC's Paul Adams in Washington says it is likely to have come from the Russians.

Our correspondent says now that the manhunt in Boston is over, the extent of the FBI's prior knowledge of Tamerlan Tsarnaev's activities is likely to be examined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22228151

Quote:
Anzor Tsarnaev told the BBC he believed the secret services had framed his sons.

"It was a terrorist attack carefully organised by secret services - I don't know which ones. My son used to go to a mosque, so they once paid us a visit to ask why he is doing that.

"Yes, there was such an episode. So they put all the blame on him and shot him. That's it."

pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are starting to get itchy about the ever expanding authoritarianism and overreaching executive branch. So it is plausible, especially to those who think Bush orchestrated 2001.

edit / meant 2001, not 2011.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008

Last edited by pjp on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened in 2011?
GabrielYYZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
What happened in 2011?

The world was going to end in a year, people suspected Bush was involved... :lol:

He most likely meant 911 :wink:
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
@ energyman: Innocent until proven guilty is applicable in a court of law, not public or private opinion.

you don't think he jumped the gun?

people win the lottery as well, but we don't say they were "right". Of course, that isn't really analogous.

His conviction pre evidence was disturbing. In fact he is wrong when he said it stunk of a muslim attack. Usually, terrorist groups accept responsibility right away.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: