Xilinx impact drivers?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Xilinx impact drivers? Reply with quote

Did somebody manage to get Xilinx FPGA device programming working on a recent version of Gentoo?

The Jungo driver complains that the kernel is too recent. If I try to use libusb impact will fail with:

Code:
 Using libusb.
 Kernel release = 3.2.1-gentoo-r2.
Cable connection failed.
LoTeK
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I've just downloaded and installed Xilinx_ISE_DS_LIN_14.5_P.58f_4.tar and it works. Altough I had problems with driver installations too. When you are asked what you want to install then everything except the drivers are checked by default, so I unchecked the drivers after the failure and it worked.

I'm using the spartan-3 without connection problems.
uname -a:
Code:
Linux C4-01 3.7.5-hardened-r1 #4 SMP Tue Apr 2 21:49:09 CEST 2013 x86_64 AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

it's probably because you don't have enabled the FTDI single Port Serial Driver in your kernel.

EDIT:
I've had a few cable problems with my new installation, but now it works again. My solution:

install the following packages without the cable driver installation:
    Xilinx_Vivado_Lin_2013.1_0328_1.tar
    Xilinx_ISE_DS_Lin_14.5_P.58f_4.tar

enable the following Modules in your kernel:
    USB Serial Converter support
    USB CP210x family of UART Bridge Controllers
    USB FTDI Single Port Serial Driver

it worked only when I enabled them as modules and not as built-ins
"I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language!"
pgu
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My installation reside on server which is NFS mounted read-only but Xilinx makes the gross mis-assumption that all customers install on the computer where they run. Xilinx need to move away from the one Windows PC, one designer, one design, write access to the full file system, writing into the installation etc. way of thinking. This is a little paradox as I was using Xilinx software on Solaris many years ago and their software more was Unix friendly.

However, I managed to get it working by using the drivers from this repo: git://git.zerfleddert.de/usb-driver
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: