[SOLVED] From GRUB, can't boot: File not found
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ab3ap
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] From GRUB, can't boot: File not found Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I did or didn't do last update, but I can no longer boot. As the subject line says, from Grub I choose my kernel, then get a file not found. Booting from a rescue disk, the file is there, no typos (and the machine successfully used to boot & grub.conf had not been updated).

I can mount the various filesystems and then do a chroot and all appears ok. I can't tell if /dev/sda* can't be found, my one hdd, or if there's a problem with mounting any of the partitions. I recently went through the udev update and successfully rebooted, but this time not so lucky.

One last thing. I also compiled and installed kernel 2.8.4 after chrooting, thinking maybe 2.8.5 had some issues on my system. Still no go.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by ab3ap on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ab3ap
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emerged grub and after a reboot all is well! Wish I tried that first before wasting the bandwidth here!

Thanks,
Mike
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: