rezound change timbre
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: rezound change timbre Reply with quote

Hello

I installed rezound. I read at some place that it is capable to change timbre. Does anyone how I do it? I tried to find it but couldn't.

I compiled it with alsa nls vorbis USE flags.

Thanks in advance
Queen
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: rezound change timbre Reply with quote

queen wrote:
I read at some place that it is capable to change timbre. Does anyone how I do it? I tried to find it but couldn't.

I am not sure I fully understand your question.
If you mean :can Rezound change a piano into a cello in 2 clicks? then the answer is no.
However, Rezound will change the timbre as soon as you do whatever else than just changing the gain.
Whatever filter you'll apply will modify the waveform => change the harmonics => change the timbre.
Changing the timbre is not really a capability of rezound per se. Its much more to be seen as an unavoidable consequence, a side effect, of the capability to change the distribution of the harmonics.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: rezound change timbre Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
queen wrote:
I read at some place that it is capable to change timbre. Does anyone how I do it? I tried to find it but couldn't.

If you mean :can Rezound change a piano into a cello in 2 clicks? then the answer is no.
However, Rezound will change the timbre as soon as you do whatever else than just changing the gain.
Whatever filter you'll apply will modify the waveform => change the harmonics => change the timbre.
Changing the timbre is not really a capability of rezound per se. Its much more to be seen as an unavoidable consequence, a side effect, of the capability to change the distribution of the harmonics.

Lets say, I would like to change a male voice to female/other male voice. Which filter I have to apply?
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: rezound change timbre Reply with quote

queen wrote:
aCOSwt wrote:
queen wrote:

Lets say, I would like to change a male voice to female/other male voice. Which filter I have to apply?

OK so you actually mean change a piano into a cello in 2 clicks.
I am afraid rezound can't do that.

Well, of course, you can cheat. Let's say presume that a female voice is in a higher pitch range than a male voice (That's a cliché) and apply whatever basic pass-hight filter to the male voice. You can also transpose your samples to an higher frequency range.
But what you'll get is nothing more than what you did : An high-pitched male voice. That is to say not the voice of a woman!

Doing that sort of things properly is very complicated and definitely needs a deep knowledge in harmonics, in frequency response, a fair amount of samples of a female voice and of course, other tools than rezound... and... incidentally a... huge amount of time.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: rezound change timbre Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
queen wrote:
aCOSwt wrote:
queen wrote:

OK so you actually mean change a piano into a cello in 2 clicks.
I am afraid rezound can't do that.

Well, of course, you can cheat. Let's say presume that a female voice is in a higher pitch range than a male voice (That's a cliché) and apply whatever basic pass-hight filter to the male voice. You can also transpose your samples to an higher frequency range.
But what you'll get is nothing more than what you did : An high-pitched male voice. That is to say not the voice of a woman!

Doing that sort of things properly is very complicated and definitely needs a deep knowledge in harmonics, in frequency response, a fair amount of samples of a female voice and of course, other tools than rezound... and... incidentally a... huge amount of time.

Thanks. ;-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: