google-talkplugin video doesn't work on my end
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chias
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: google-talkplugin video doesn't work on my end Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm rather stumped about this one: the google-talkplugin is acting up on my end, and I've tried everything I can think of. The symptom is this: video doesn't work when trying to webcam chat with my friends or join a google hangout. It will either just show my profile picture, or an extremely blurry still-shot of what my webcam looked like when I joined the chat / hangout. The odd thing is it looks fine in the pre-hangout check, and works great when vidchatting with the echocall testing service. But the minute I try to talk to anyone on my contacts, or join a google+ hangout it freezes.

I've tried emptying .config/chromium, .config/google-chrome and .config/google-talkplugin
I've tried using firefox
I've tried recompiling google-talkplugin, and using both www-plugins/google-talkplugin-2.6.1.0 and www-plugins/google-talkplugin-9999

The oddest thing is that it used to work with no issue on my computer, and started doing this just a couple weeks ago. I couldn't say if it coincided with an update, I don't remember.

Does anyone have any ideas?
chias
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...shameless bump
robinmarlow
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hit this too - I think the plugin has been broken >3.10.2 (https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chat/JMKYMnPRe1U/mhzxebMs3PUJ)

For some ridiculous reason google won't let you download old versions so if you've cleaned out distfiles since upgrading (like me) you're stuffed.

If anyone has a copy of google-talkplugin_3.9.1.0-1_amd64.deb anywhere or can find a link I'd be very grateful.

Robin
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: