View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echeslack
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: relink galeon Reply with quote

Hi all,

If I run galeon from a shell, I get the message:
Code:

/usr/bin/galeon-bin: Symbol `_ZTV9nsAString' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/bin/galeon-bin: Symbol `_ZTV13nsXPIDLString' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking
/usr/bin/galeon-bin: Symbol `_ZTV16nsSharableString' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

I believe this is a result of my upgrading a package recently, obviously in some library, perhaps glibc or glib are ones that stick in my mind. Anyway, that isn't really an issue, but I was wondering if there was a way to relink without completely recompiling. I would assume there isn't as relinking would require all the object files, which should have been discarded when the ebuild finished, but I wanted to make my life easier. Thanks for any help,

-ewen
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have autoclean enabled (it's on by default), emerge will throw away all that stuff if the ebuild completes successfully. In any case, if you've got warnings about shared objects being of different sizes, it sounds like a good idea to recompile anyway, because maybe structure sizes have changed, and in that case the object code would be rotten anyway.
deathdruid
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "ns" in all of those symbols points to Mozilla being the culprit (as does "XPI"). Did you reinstall/upgrade it recently?
echeslack
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathdruid wrote:
The "ns" in all of those symbols points to Mozilla being the culprit (as does "XPI"). Did you reinstall/upgrade it recently?

Actually, I just barely got this system up. I started it before I left for college and then finished it at college. Anyway, Mozilla was first installed when I installed galeon, so neither have been upgraded. Although, now that I think about it, I may have not run galeon from anything other than the flux menu, so these may have been here all along.

If possible I would like to avoid a complete recompile of mozilla, as my computer is more than just a tad on the slow side. Galeon is much more tolerable since its a lot smaller, so I will try that and see what happens.

-ewen
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: