Boinc only works on one project
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elmar283
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Boinc only works on one project Reply with quote

I have Boinc installed and configured. I added the projects with the gui and it seems ok.
Except that it only works on rosette@home. It doesn't any work on seti@home, climateprediction.net and Einstein@home.
I have a share ratio on all projects of 300 (25%).

I don't know how to make the other projects work as well. I also don't know what files to show you. On the gui there are no error messages about the projects.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

EDIT:
I did some testing. I resetted all projects. I now get the 'Calculation error' (Berekenings fout) on Seti@home and Einstein@home. But I don't know why.
xdarma
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Boinc only works on one project Reply with quote

elmar283 wrote:
I have Boinc installed and configured. I added the projects with the gui and it seems ok.
Except that it only works on rosette@home. It doesn't any work on seti@home, climateprediction.net and Einstein@home.
I have a share ratio on all projects of 300 (25%).

In my opinion rosetta@home is the most difficult project to run: she eat all the cpu and eats all the ram you leave to boinc.
On rosetta's forums you can find other issues without solution.
The only way I found, is to run rosetta alone in a dedicated directory or run other projects in a new directory.
Is a rough solution because the resources you reserve for rosetta aren't no more available for other project (and viceversa).

It's possible to start more than one boinc daemon, if you change the config file and initscript. If still interested I can post some details.
KLarsen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to the project's website, under "my account" -> "computers" -> "tasks", you should be able to see a detailed description of the error. This might give you a clue as to why they error out.
I've successfully been running almost all Boinc projects on my Gentoo machine for years now. The only projects that sometimes give me errors are GPU projects, but that's probably because my graphics card only has 512MB of RAM.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: