VLC emerging
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cripplys
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: VLC emerging Reply with quote

Hi,

i'm following the directions in the VLC wiki entry: http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Vlc.
But I keep getting this error when I emerge vlc:
Code:
>>> Failed to emerge media-video/vlc-2.0.5, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package media-video/vlc-2.0.5:

* ERROR: media-video/vlc-2.0.5 failed (configure phase):
 *   econf failed
 * Call stack:
 *          ebuild.sh, line   93:  Called src_configure
 *        environment, line 3355:  Called econf '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/vlc-2.0.5' '--enable-a52' '--disable-aa' '--enable-faad' '--enable-alsa' '--disable-altivec' '--disable-atmo' '--disable-audioqueue' '--disable-bonjour' '--enable-avcodec' '--enable-avformat' '--disable-fribidi' '--disable-bluray' '--enable-vcd' '--disable-libcddb' '--enable-dbus' '--enable-dbus-control' '--disable-dirac' '--disable-direct2d' '--disable-directfb' '--disable-directx' '--disable-dc1394' '--disable-debug' '--disable-dshow' '--enable-dca' '--enable-dvbpsi' '--enable-dvdread' '--enable-dvdnav' '--disable-dxva2' '--disable-egl' '--enable-sout' '--disable-fbosd' '--enable-flac' '--disable-fluidsynth' '--disable-fontconfig' '--enable-libgcrypt' '--disable-gme' '--disable-gnomevfs' '--disable-gnutls' '--disable-growl' '--disable-httpd' '--disable-dv' '--disable-ios-vout' '--disable-jack' '--disable-kate' '--with-kde-solid' '--disable-libass' '--disable-caca' '--enable-notify' '--disable-libproxy' '--disable-samplerate' '--disable-libtar' '--disable-tiger' '--disable-linsys' '--disable-lirc' '--disable-live555' '--disable-lua' '--disable-macosx-audio' '--disable-macosx-dialog-provider' '--disable-macosx-eyetv' '--disable-macosx-qtkit' '--disable-macosx-quartztext' '--disable-macosx-vout' '--disable-mkv' '--disable-media-library' '--disable-mmx' '--disable-mod' '--enable-mad' '--enable-libmpeg2' '--disable-mtp' '--disable-mpc' '--enable-ncurses' '--disable-neon' '--enable-ogg' '--enable-mux_ogg' '--disable-omxil' '--enable-glx' '--disable-opus' '--disable-optimize-memory' '--disable-oss' '--enable-png' '--disable-portaudio' '--enable-postproc' '--disable-projectm' '--disable-pulse' '--disable-pvr' '--enable-qt4' '--disable-realrtsp' '--disable-run-as-root' '--disable-smb' '--disable-schroedinger' '--enable-sdl' '--disable-sdl-image' '--disable-shine' '--disable-sid' '--disable-shout' '--enable-skins2' '--disable-speex' '--disable-sqlite' '--disable-sse' '--enable-svg' '--disable-switcher' '--enable-swscale' '--disable-taglib' '--disable-theora' '--enable-freetype' '--disable-twolame' '--enable-udev' '--disable-upnp' '--disable-v4l2' '--disable-libva' '--disable-vcdx' '--disable-vlm' '--enable-vorbis' '--disable-waveout' '--enable-loader' '--disable-wingdi' '--disable-wma-fixed' '--with-x' '--enable-x264' '--enable-xcb' '--enable-libxml2' '--disable-xosd' '--enable-xvideo' '--disable-zvbi' '--enable-telx' '--disable-optimizations' '--without-tuning' '--enable-fast-install'
 *   phase-helpers.sh, line  501:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                      die "econf failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=media-video/vlc-2.0.5'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=media-video/vlc-2.0.5'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/work/vlc-2.0.5'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/work/vlc-2.0.5'

I think somebody already solved this problem, but it doesn't work for me. I tried everything of suggestions : install libICE and libSM.
Still nothing seems to work. Please help. :cry:

Last edited by Cripplys on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll need more information. The diagnostic output you posted is the output of portage - the infrastructure - but not the output of the actual build. It's appears to be erroring out during the configuration of the package, triggered by portage.

We'll need more lines of output before the

Code:
>>> Failed to emerge media-video/vlc-2.0.5, Log file:

On the next line right after that line,
Code:
>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/temp/build.log'

This file contains the build compilation log that scrolled by the first time around. Pastebin that file or post the last few lines of that file, this data will help us figure out what's going on.

Likely there's more dependencies that the ebuild does not take into account and can be worked around by emerging them manually. A bug report to add these dependencies would be nice...
Cripplys
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's whole build log :
http://pastebin.com/jFwkYegV
EDIT : solved by reemerging ncurses,thanks for tip. :wink:
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odd, when you do

Code:
equery uses vlc | grep ncurses

after installing it, you do see +ncurses somewhere? or is it -ncurses?

The ebuild for 2.0.5 does have ncurses in the dependencies list, perhaps VLC made ncurses a hard dependency?
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with 2.0.4 and 2.0.5:

Code:
checking for moc-qt4... no
checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc
checking for rcc... /usr/bin/rcc
checking for uic-qt4... no
checking for uic... /usr/bin/uic
checking for NCURSES... no
configure: error: No package 'ncursesw' found.

!!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/media-video/vlc-2.0.5/work/vlc-2.0.5/config.log
etc etc

Code:
# equery uses vlc | grep ncurses
+ncurses

Code:
# emerge vlc -pv

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U  ] media-video/vlc-2.0.5 [2.0.3] USE="X a52 aac alsa avcodec avformat cdda dbus dts dvbpsi dvd encode ffmpeg flac gcrypt kde libnotify mmx mp3 mpeg mtp ncurses ogg opengl png postproc projectm qt4 sdl sqlite sse svg swscale truetype udev v4l vorbis wma-fixed x264 xcb xml xv -aalib (-altivec) -atmo (-audioqueue) -avahi -bidi -bluray -cddb -dc1394 -debug -dirac (-direct2d) -directfb (-directx) (-dshow) -dvb (-dxva2) -egl -fbosd -fluidsynth -fontconfig -gme -gnome -gnutls -growl -httpd -ieee1394 (-ios-vout) -jack -kate -libass -libcaca -libproxy -libsamplerate -libtar -libtiger -linsys -lirc -live -lua (-macosx) (-macosx-audio) (-macosx-dialog-provider) (-macosx-eyetv) (-macosx-qtkit) (-macosx-quartztext) (-macosx-vout) -matroska (-media-library) -modplug -musepack (-neon) -omxil -optimisememory -opus% -oss -portaudio -pulseaudio -pvr -rtsp -run-as-root -samba -schroedinger -sdl-image -shine -shout -sid -skins -speex -switcher -taglib -theora -twolame -upnp -vaapi -vcdx -vlm (-waveout) (-win32codecs) (-wingdi) -xosd -zvbi" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 upgrade), Size of downloads: 0 kB
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd... it's looking for ncursesw, so did you try Cripply's workaround by re-emerging ncurses (which includes ncursesw?) (or try USE=-ncurses so it won't even bother trying to build the ncurses interface?)

Note: it looks like you may need ncurses 5.9 with USE=unicode...

Hmm... I'll need to try to upgrade too, still using vlc 2.0.3 on this machine ...
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
Odd... it's looking for ncursesw, so did you try Cripply's workaround by re-emerging ncurses (which includes ncursesw?) (or try USE=-ncurses so it won't even bother trying to build the ncurses interface?)

Note: it looks like you may need ncurses 5.9 with USE=unicode...

Hmm... I'll need to try to upgrade too, still using vlc 2.0.3 on this machine ...

Missed Cripply's workaround. But yeah, that did it for me.

I already had the unicode USE flag enabled. Oddly enough however when I tried genlop -t ncurses to see how long the compile was going to last I got a !!! Error: no merge found for 'ncurses' message. After recompiling it though, it is now registered in the emerge logs.

Seems like a one off bug with portage?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: