Fails to start debuger with QtCreator [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paddlaren
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Fails to start debuger with QtCreator [solved] Reply with quote

Hi!

I am working on a mixed C++ and QML project using QtCreator and qmake/.pro build setup.

I have set up the project for desktop environment with the Qt in path and build-targets for both release and debug. When I compile for debug the application can be started and works almost fine (some bugs yet to find).

Prolem is when I try to start the debugger it wont start.

Output is:
Quote:
Debugging starts
&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Inappropriate ioctl for device\n"
Could not load shared library symbols for linux-vdso.so.1.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?Qml debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment!
"QDeclarativeDebugServer: Ignoring "-qmljsdebugger=port:3768,block". Remote debugger plugin has not been found."
Debugging has finished

Starting QtCreator from a shell produces the followint output ever 3 seconds or so:
Quote:
(no active run control)
Warning: QML Debugger: Error: (0) Connection refused (no active run control)
Warning: QML Debugger: Connecting to debug server 127.0.0.1:3768 (no active run control)
Warning: QML Debugger: resolving host... (no active run control)
Warning: QML Debugger: connecting to debug server... (no active run control)
Warning: QML Debugger: disconnected.

Seems like the Remote debugger plugin has not been found is troublesome.

Am running most of my system with stable amd64 keyword, including Qt and Qt-Creator with the exception of x11-libs/qt-mobility.
Useflaggs for QtCreator: bazaar botan-bundled examples git mercurial
Disabled usefalggs: -autotools -cmake -cvs -debug -doc -fakevim -madde -perforce -subversion -valgrind

I can start gdb but I fails to setup qmake to produce debug symbols (I use CONFIG+=debug) but it still does not compile with debug and adds -DQT_NO_DEBUG to the compilation. Tried both from within qtcreator and command line.

BR
Erik

Last edited by paddlaren on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
paddlaren
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it is the PRI-file in the autogenerated in QML viewer (qmlapplicationviewer) that messes things up. Twice it specifies
Quote:
CONFIG -= debug_and_release debug
CONFIG += release

Why the debugger failes to start without debuging symbols I do not know.

Second is that it fails to connect to the application with the QML debugger. This might be some code I wasn't suppose to modify but did anyhow. Not as important as that the C++ debugger seems to work now.
paddlaren
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon this is related to the template Qt-Creator are using when initiating a new project or possibly how qmake prioritizes between command line CONFIG and CONFIG in the project file. Projects created with QT version 4.8.2 adds CONFIG statements in the default project files while a project I created mid summer 2012 in an updated sabayon environment did not have those CONFIG statements and had no problems running the debugger.

I assume Gentoo QT team does not change the templates so I posted a bug at the qt-project: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-8493

I do still not understand why the debugger fails to start if the debug info is missing.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: