[SOLVED] www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0 fails to build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfrkp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0 fails to build Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to install zoneminder on my gentoo home server (x86). I'd strongly prefer to install it via portage to avoid a maintenance nightmare.

However when I try to install the latest release via the ebuild from the zugaina overlay, I get the following build error:

Code:

>>> Messages generated by process 3013 on 2012-12-16 23:52:33 CET for package www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0:

QA: compile
please use append-cppflags for preprocessor flags
ERROR: compile
ERROR: www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0 failed (compile phase):
  emake failed

Call stack:
    ebuild.sh, line  93:  Called src_compile
  environment, line 3967:  Called die
The specific snippet of code:
      MAKEOPTS="-j1" emake || die "emake failed"

If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0'`,
the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0'`.
This ebuild is from an overlay named 'zugaina': '/var/lib/layman/zugaina/'
The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/temp/build.log'.
The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/temp/environment'.
Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0'
S: '/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0'

I pasted the build.log here: http://bpaste.net/show/66273/ (my apologies for the german error texts, "Fehler" means error and "Warnung" Warning..)

I have no idea what's the reason for this error and couldn't find anything helpful on the web.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited by dfrkp on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a matter of a simple patch - '#include <climits>' should do it.
The reasons why it's needed vary - most likely a change in glibc/libstdc++ includes.
dfrkp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! The patch definitely helps, the PATH_MAX error is gone but now I get:

Code:
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -Ino/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -Ino/include   -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -MT zm_local_camera.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_local_camera.Tpo -c -o zm_local_camera.o zm_local_camera.cpp
zm_local_camera.cpp: In Elementfunktion »void LocalCamera::Terminate()«:
zm_local_camera.cpp:743:49: Fehler: ungültige Umwandlung von »__u32« in »v4l2_buf_type«
zm_local_camera.cpp: In Elementfunktion »virtual int LocalCamera::PrimeCapture()«:
zm_local_camera.cpp:1523:49: Fehler: ungültige Umwandlung von »__u32« in »v4l2_buf_type«
make[2]: *** [zm_local_camera.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

To translate the German, it complains about an invalid type conversion for __u32 in v4l2_buf_type.

(I'll now go ahead and fix my locale.. ;-) )

EDIT: Here's a complete build log with fixed locale: http://bpaste.net/show/66337/
gkmac
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfrkp wrote:
Code:
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -Ino/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -Ino/include   -O2 -march=i686 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -MT zm_local_camera.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_local_camera.Tpo -c -o zm_local_camera.o zm_local_camera.cpp
zm_local_camera.cpp: In Elementfunktion »void LocalCamera::Terminate()«:
zm_local_camera.cpp:743:49: Fehler: ungültige Umwandlung von »__u32« in »v4l2_buf_type«
zm_local_camera.cpp: In Elementfunktion »virtual int LocalCamera::PrimeCapture()«:
zm_local_camera.cpp:1523:49: Fehler: ungültige Umwandlung von »__u32« in »v4l2_buf_type«
make[2]: *** [zm_local_camera.o] Fehler 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/www-misc/zoneminder-1.25.0/work/ZoneMinder-1.25.0'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

To translate the German, it complains about an invalid type conversion for __u32 in v4l2_buf_type.

I think that's solved by patching zm_local_camera.cpp with this patch; something about v4l2 changed in the kernel 3.5 includes (I think).
dfrkp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! With those two patches it compiles!

I'm now stuckat a php error, but that's another topic...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: