error with runing software ???
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haleh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: error with runing software ??? Reply with quote

I installed one software manually (not using EMERGE) about 3 month ago and ,it worked successfully for me,but now when I want to run it this error is appeared :

Code:
/usr/local/bin/rcssserver: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem-1_48.so.1.48.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it has some requirements which are :
flex/bison
Boost 1.32 or later
Qt4 gui/net/opengl libraries and header files
zlib libraries and header files (optional but recommended)
all of the latest versions of these are installed in my computer ,because I always update my gentoo but I think this cause this problem for me !!!at first I guessed that this is because of boost and I unmerged but I couldn't emerge 1.48-r2 because it seems not available !!!!the version of my boost is 1.49.0-r2!!

what do you think guys ???any idea ???
VoidMage
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the obvious: rebuild the program.
You may try to create an ebuild for it - in many cases it's not that hard.
haleh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoidMage wrote:

You may try to create an ebuild for it - in many cases it's not that hard.

Thanks Voidmage for your idea ,I will do this as soon as possible,I haven't known how to do this and I should read and search somehow to understand ,I will try this!!!
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if this program had been installed through an ebuild, then revdep-rebuild would likely be able to initiate the correct emerge command for you. As is, you will need to do all the work by hand, including cleaning up any orphan files.
haleh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Also, if this program had been installed through an ebuild, then revdep-rebuild would likely be able to initiate the correct emerge command for you. As is, you will need to do all the work by hand, including cleaning up any orphan files.

yeah,you are right but how to make ebuild is another problem !!it seems not easy according to this link :http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html I myself like to use emerge because it is really powerful ,trustful and easy tool for installing softwares !!:?
LiamOS
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haleh wrote:
Hu wrote:

yeah,you are right but how to make ebuild is another problem !!it seems not easy according to this link :http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/index.html I myself like to use emerge because it is really powerful ,trustful and easy tool for installing softwares !!:?

You could try using an existing ebuild as a template. That should make things significantly easier.
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you know how to install it by hand, and you have a reference ebuild, then making a new one should be easy. If you need help, post here the exact steps you ran to unpack, build, and install the program. Someone here can transform that into an ebuild for you.
haleh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
If you know how to install it by hand, and you have a reference ebuild, then making a new one should be easy. If you need help, post here the exact steps you ran to unpack, build, and install the program. Someone here can transform that into an ebuild for you.

Thanks so much Hu,I will do it,and I think I should spend my whole night or more to complete this ,Going to university takes all of time !!but I think making this ebuild is worth to stay awake ,I will do it ,:) :) !!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: