Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED] X server won't work with my laptop (fglrx+Intel)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.filatov
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=queen]1. So where is the i915.modeset=1 that you mentioned above?[/queen]

If you have "Enable modesetting to Intel by default" set in the kernel this option is excessive, so I just removed it.

[quote=queen]2. Do you have catalyst? And if yes, which version?[/quote]

Sure, I have Catalyst 12.6 merged.

[quote=queen]3. How do you switch between cards? You have a script like they mentioned in the other thread?
My kernel is 3.4.9[/quote]

Right now I'm using aticonfig --px-igpu/--px-dgpu with X restart. I will write scripts on hprofile to make this more automated. The differences between 3.4.9 and 3.5.7 is not so big I think. At least from config side.
b.filatov
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queen wrote:
1. So where is the i915.modeset=1 that you mentioned above?

If you have "Enable modesetting to Intel by default" set in the kernel this option is excessive, so I just removed it.

queen wrote:
2. Do you have catalyst? And if yes, which version?

Sure, I have Catalyst 12.6 merged.

queen wrote:
3. How do you switch between cards? You have a script like they mentioned in the other thread?
My kernel is 3.4.9

Right now I'm using aticonfig --px-igpu/--px-dgpu with X restart. I will write scripts on hprofile to make this more automated. The differences between 3.4.9 and 3.5.7 is not so big I think. At least from config side.
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

Thanks a lot. Your method worked for me too. ;-)

Let me know when you write automation scripts. Here are the scripts.
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Fglrx-hybrid-graphics
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-909802.html

In make.conf you added fglrx and intel?
el_Salmon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this solution valid today? I have a laptop with hybrid graphics Intel Sandy Bridge + AMD 6490M, in MUX-less configuration (I think). I have tried your procedure without success. "Enable modesetting to Intel by default" is set in the kernel and ati-drivers-13.9 is installed.
b.filatov
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el_Salmon wrote:
is this solution valid today? I have a laptop with hybrid graphics Intel Sandy Bridge + AMD 6490M, in MUX-less configuration (I think). I have tried your procedure without success. "Enable modesetting to Intel by default" is set in the kernel and ati-drivers-13.9 is installed.

I think this solution will be vaild for a very long amount of time, till the muxless hybrids willbe replaced by something else.
Also, I already sold this laptop due to malfunction (hp :D ), so I didn't checked with new realized drivers.
first, are you able to startup the x server with Intel graphics, without any fglrx installed? if you are, I think you need to spend some time choosing correct fglrx driver version, which works with the current x server version and intel driver correctly. There was the driver information mentioned before. As far as I remember, 12.6 was working version. Hope that helps.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: