Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xming
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:

look, I've wanted to be able to plug 2 screens to one card and be able to work on each in a manner that won't affect the other, meaning I could run 2 distinct X sessions on the same card but on different screens (no nested), I went to the DRM channel and asked about that, one of the devs directed me to a kernel patch that needed to be modified to match my system as at the time's being there wasn't a adequate algo which will enumerate the connectors on a single card in an manner that will give me what I need.

that is all, it was a long time ago and I don't know if that patch is still relevant, and if it, it would require to be modified to recent kernels as it was made of pre 3.x kernel.

Thanks for the explanation this clears things up of the state.

Do you understand that Ailied's patch does exactly what you need? So the patch which is giving to you is obsolete? And I have just forward ported then to more recent kernels.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xming wrote:
DaggyStyle wrote:

look, I've wanted to be able to plug 2 screens to one card and be able to work on each in a manner that won't affect the other, meaning I could run 2 distinct X sessions on the same card but on different screens (no nested), I went to the DRM channel and asked about that, one of the devs directed me to a kernel patch that needed to be modified to match my system as at the time's being there wasn't a adequate algo which will enumerate the connectors on a single card in an manner that will give me what I need.

that is all, it was a long time ago and I don't know if that patch is still relevant, and if it, it would require to be modified to recent kernels as it was made of pre 3.x kernel.

Thanks for the explanation this clears things up of the state.

Do you understand that Ailied's patch does exactly what you need? So the patch which is giving to you is obsolete? And I have just forward ported then to more recent kernels.

as I don't need this feature anymore, didn't searched for alternatives, all I've offered is an option, obsolete one but still an option.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: