Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[OT] Ettore Perazzoli, sviluppatore GNOME e Ximian Evolution
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Forum italiano (Italian) Forum di discussione italiano
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codadilupo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: [OT] Ettore Perazzoli, sviluppatore GNOME e Ximian Evolution Reply with quote

Ettore Perazzoli is now gone
Posted on Friday, December 12 @ 05:28:23 EST by stro

Anonymous George writes "On the night of December 10, Ettore Perazzoli died unexpectedly.

Ettore, working for Ximian Novell, was leader of the Evolution project and was working on F-Spot too. He's been a GNOME developer for a long time.

This death results even sadder considering Chema died a month ago, too. It is a hard time for the GNOME community. Many messages of condolence and cheerful memories of him can be read at Planet Gnome.

Luis Villa posted his two favorite photos of him to his blog.

Let's all say goodbye to Ettore, and hope a long, long time passes before reading again such a sad news."
shev
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veramente un gran peccato...

Credo valga la pena leggere il saluto di Miguel de Icaza, imho molto significativo:

Miguel de Icaza: 12 Dec 2003: Ettore
"Ettore, my very dear friend passed away yesterday, December 10th, and has left a big void in my life, and the life of his friends, people he worked with, and people he collaborated with. Hard to think that we were exchanging e-mails just a couple of days ago, and that we were discussing photography two weeks ago in New York, and having greek dinner last week.

I first met Ettore in real life in Paris after we had known each other over the internet for over a year. Ettore he had contributed to Gnome the first docking toolbar and for this occasion we arranged to meet in Paris. In that meeting, he outlined his vision for a file manager (gnome-fm) and we designed the first pass at the gnome-vfs. Eventually, these would become Nautilus, today's GNOME file manager.

Ettore did not hesitate to leave his job to join Nat and myself in the adventure that would be Ximian. He was the second employee at Ximian, and started working on turning the HTML engine into a full-blow editor, this work is in active use today in Evolution. Later on, he became the leader for the Evolution project, which is in use now by thousands of users.

The first time I met Ettore, he and Clara cooked for me a new dish that until that point was unknown to me: spaghetti carbonara, which I loved. Year after year, every time I would prepare it, I would remember fondly how they taught me to make it.

Chema was a great loss a month ago, and this comes as a second very hard moment for our group of friends. Terrible moments like this are a reminder that we should enjoy every minute of our lives and cherish the frienships of everyone we know, on the internet and on the real life.

We are going to miss you bambino."
GNU/Duncan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:
metnik
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

era forse il programmatore OS italiano + conosciuto...
Ciao Ettore!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Forum italiano (Italian) Forum di discussione italiano All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: