View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: hotplug multiseat input event delay/skip [solved] Reply with quote

hello all,

I have a hotplug based multiseat setup with 2 seats, the first is mine which uses a logitech mk250 wireless mouse/keyboard combo, the second uses a wired ibm keyboard and genius tablet.

for some reason my setup gets delays in reaction of the inputs or even miss events, it looks like the driver is just stuck.
I can type something in the keyboard but the screen won't show it, I'm sure it isn't stuck because the mouse works.
sometime it's the other way around.
using evtest shows that in the "freeze" time, there are no events.

first I thought that maybe it related to the fact that I'm running boinc in the background but when I've stopped it and worked the delays still occurred.

how can I solve this?

there is some info:
xorg-server-1.12.3
wizardpen, git version.
xf86-input-evdev-2.7.0
udev-171-r6
kde-4.8.4

configs and logs can be seen at http://bpaste.net/show/35307/ and emerge --info can be found at http://bpaste.net/show/35308/

Last edited by DaggyStyle on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I think I've found my issue, it started first when I pressed CTRL+ALT+F1 from seat 2 to drop to shell and seat 1 actually dropped.
I've looked in the net and found this: https://jeremy.visser.name/2009/08/multiseat-tips/ going thought the page I've stumbled on this:
Quote:
When launching X.Org (or in your gdm.conf configuration), the -novtswitch and -sharevts options that are described in all multiseat tutorials can sometimes cause more harm than good, and may even be unnecessary. For example, if you use -sharevts, your keystrokes may silently be duplicated to a hidden login prompt which could wreak havoc on your system.

now I'm trying to dig back into my memory and I do recall that I saw what I write in another shell.

as I understand, if I remove sharevts I'll lose the multiseat feature.
question is, how do I solve this?
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, this is solved, it seems that udev (at least version 171-r6) isn't able to separate the inputs if they sit directly on the hub, so I've replaced my usb sound card with a usb 1.1 hub and connected the inputs and the sound card to it, after rules reconfig, both seats seems to be working ok.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: