Bootstrapping Awesome: Gentoo Miniconf 20-21 Oct @ Prague,CZ
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tampakrap
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Bootstrapping Awesome: Gentoo Miniconf 20-21 Oct @ Prague,CZ Reply with quote

If you've always wanted to visit the lovely city of Prague, here's a reason to finally do it: On October 20th and 21st the city is going to be hosting numerous open-source related conferences, including the Gentoo Miniconf.

This is a great opportunity to meet each other and hack on Gentoo together.
We're going to have a room just for ourselves to discuss, give presentations and workshops, do some ebuild hacking, and much much more.
Thanks to the other conferences we're co-hosted with, we expect lots of local and international visitors who can enjoy plenty of talks for all levels of Gentoo proficiency.

For more information, please visit the conference website which provides details about all the events that are going to take place.

Accommodation!

Hotel Krystal was selected as the conference hotel. It’s situated near the conference venue, it can accommodate many people, and it’s easy to find. All the information you need is in linuxdays accommodation page. In there you will find the prices, reservation instructions, the map of the area and public transportation instructions.

Registration!

You can and you should register for attending LinuxDays and other conferences. Although registration is optional, it will help us estimate number of people coming and will get you some benefits as well. There is only one registration for all conferences and you can register for free but there are also other registration options that will let you support conferences financially. Register NOW!

Call for Papers

Just a reminder that Call for Papers for the Gentoo Miniconf is still open! I’d like to remind you that the organizing committee would prefer to see more workshops than talks, where the crowd can also participate along with the speaker. The workshop may require some preparation from the people in order to participate, which is something that I can promote, in order to make sure that every participant will be ready. Random ideas:
  • Ebuild development / bug triangling: Compile a list of tasks, and start solving them with the people (in specific areas, eg KDE, Python, Ruby, Prefix)
  • Present your cool Gentoo based project/application (I know there are plenty of users working on awesome stuff out there)
  • Development/bugfixing on a portage tool
  • Development/bugfixing on a Gentoo webapp

All your ideas are welcome of course. If you are in doubt about the topic, feel free to contact me and I’ll help you with my ideas to make your proposal sound cool. Submit your proposal NOW!

SPREAD IT AROUND!

Facebook and Google+ events
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that would be a 4hr drive and I've always wanted to visit Prague, but I'm afraid I haven't got much to contribute. ;)
sco1984
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! I am very excited to attend this conference.
In India all Linux, OpenSource conferences are programmers centric/oriented which is too boring.

@genstorm >> Servus! You have a reason to come. Pls bring authentic Austrian sausages & Austrian humor. ;-)
tampakrap
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@genstorm Hard to believe you, your profile says that you are here since 2007 and you have 1989 posts
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: