make.conf retry parameters
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HomeUser
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: make.conf retry parameters Reply with quote

I am trying to emerge after a proxy. Sync works fine. Some files won't pass the proxy, I think the proxy doesn't like some formats, and for some files he seems to think it contains malware. OK, I get those files later via my home ADSL line.

But the problem is emerge keeps trying many, many times. And it looks (feels) like it is getting worse if I try to play with parameters in make.conf like PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES (=2) and GENTOO_MIRRORS (put to one site)

I think it took more than 20 min for not getting boost... and now the kernel has the same problem.

Do I mis a parameter in make.conf
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: make.conf retry parameters Reply with quote

HomeUser wrote:
[...] But the problem is emerge keeps trying many, many times. And it looks (feels) like it is getting worse if I try to play with parameters in make.conf like PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES (=2) and GENTOO_MIRRORS (put to one site)

HomeUser ... PORTAGE_RSYNC_RETRIES refers to --sync and not --fetch ... the variables you are looking for are FETCHCOMMAND and RESUMECOMMAND.

HTH & best ...

khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: