View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr meowski
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Possible fix? Reply with quote

Greetings all, had to make an account just for this but thought it only fair to post my fix for this after getting a substantial amount of help from reading this thread (and several others online).

Nothing particularly special about my setup - an ~amd64 flavoured gentoo instance in a Virtualbox VM showing exactly the same problems as listed by yourselves. As I am unusually lazy I typically build my kernels with the very basic "sudo genkernel --bootloader=grub all" stanza and I do very little special configuration (this is just a test VM after all). However, little things like this annoy me so I set to work on it.

In short:

grep LPFC /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86_64/kernel-config
sudo vi /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86_64/kernel-config
cd /usr/src/linux && sudo make clean
sudo genkernel --bootloader=grub all

The key was step 2, where I changed "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=m" to "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=n": genkernel then immediately built me a functional kernel, as per usual. This seemed the obvious thing to do as the module build was obviously failing on this specific unit and popsUlfr had already suggested "sed -i 's/CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=.*$/CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=n/' .config" (and I doubt any of us actually want/need the "Emulex Linux Device Driver for Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters"...)

Obviously I'm lazy and am happy with the generic kernel-config - the rest of you would have to disable CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC in whichever .config you're building with, presumably.

Hope this may help any of you still struggling with 3.4.0 and other poor souls who may find their way to this via google.

Regards,

Mr Meowski
lexflex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible fix? Reply with quote

mr meowski wrote:
Greetings all, had to make an account just for this but thought it only fair to post my fix for this after getting a substantial amount of help from reading this thread (and several others online).

The key was step 2, where I changed "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=m" to "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=n": genkernel then immediately built me a functional kernel, as per usual.

Hi Mrmeowski,

Thanks,
Indeed, that worked; disabled that module in menuconfig and the kernel and (the rest of the) modules compile!
Code:
genkernel --menuconfig --bootloader=grub all

Alex.
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Possible fix? Reply with quote

Did the following:
mr meowski wrote:
grep LPFC /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86_64/kernel-config
sudo vi /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86_64/kernel-config
cd /usr/src/linux && sudo make clean
sudo genkernel --bootloader=grub all

The key was step 2, where I changed "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=m" to "CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=n": genkernel then immediately built me a functional kernel, as per usual. This seemed the obvious thing to do as the module build was obviously failing on this specific unit and popsUlfr had already suggested "sed -i 's/CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=.*$/CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC=n/' .config" (and I doubt any of us actually want/need the "Emulex Linux Device Driver for Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters"...)

And still getting this:
Code:

* ERROR: Failed to compile the "all" target...
* -- Grepping log... --
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
*  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
*  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
*scripts/kconfig/conf --oldconfig Kconfig
*warning: (XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND) selects INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND which has unmet direct dependencies (!S390 && !UML && INPUT && INPUT_MISC && XEN)
*warning: (XEN_FBDEV_FRONTEND) selects INPUT_XEN_KBDDEV_FRONTEND which has unmet direct dependencies (!S390 && !UML && INPUT && INPUT_MISC && XEN)
*--
* kernel: >> Invoking menuconfig...
*COMMAND: make -j2 -j1 CC="gcc" LD="ld" AS="as" ARCH="x86" menuconfig
*COMMAND: make -j2 CC="gcc" LD="ld" AS="as" ARCH="x86" 
*  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
*scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig
*--
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/keywords.hash.c
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.h
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.c
*  HOSTCC  scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.o
*scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped: In function ‘yylex1’:
*scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped:904:1: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl8712_io.o
*  CC      net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_expect.o
*  CC      drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl871x_ioctl_linux.o
*  CC      net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper.o
*drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl871x_ioctl_linux.c: In function ‘r8711_wx_get_scan’:
*drivers/staging/rtl8712/rtl871x_ioctl_linux.c:1268:1: warning: the frame size of 1040 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*  CC [M]  fs/ocfs2/uptodate.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/block/cpqarray.o
*  CC [M]  fs/ocfs2/ver.o
*  CC [M]  fs/ocfs2/quota_local.o
*drivers/block/cpqarray.c: In function ‘do_ida_request’:
*drivers/block/cpqarray.c:969:1: warning: the frame size of 1056 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*  CC [M]  drivers/block/cciss.o
*  CC [M]  fs/ocfs2/quota_global.o
*drivers/block/cciss.c: In function ‘dev_show_unique_id’:
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[0]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[4]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[5]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[6]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[7]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[8]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[9]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[10]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[11]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[12]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[13]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[14]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[15]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid1.o
*  CC [M]  sound/pci/echoaudio/indigodjx.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid10.o
*  CC [M]  sound/pci/echoaudio/indigoio.o
*drivers/md/raid10.c: In function ‘read_balance’:
*drivers/md/raid10.c:681:18: warning: ‘rdev’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/gspca/spca500.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/gspca/spca501.o
*In file included from drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.c:39:0:
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c: In function ‘i2o_cfg_passthru’:
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:881:19: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:936:10: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:975:1: warning: the frame size of 1312 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c: In function ‘i2o_cfg_passthru32.clone.2’:
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:739:1: warning: the frame size of 1312 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/amd8111e.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/usbvision/usbvision-video.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/usbvision/usbvision-i2c.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c: In function ‘nmclan_config’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c:625:3: warning: ‘pcmcia_request_exclusive_irq’ is deprecated (declared at include/pcmcia/ds.h:201)
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_driver.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_queue.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/atheros/atl1c/atl1c_main.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_v4l2.o
*drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_v4l2.c: In function ‘uvc_v4l2_put_xu_mapping’:
*drivers/media/video/uvc/uvc_v4l2.c:1100:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘__clear_user’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/intf.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/main.o
*  CC [M]  net/ipv6/exthdrs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c: In function ‘find_entry.clone.7’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c:572:6: warning: ‘hash’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-ethtool.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/ht.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/agg-tx.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c: In function ‘vxge_tx_msix_handle’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c:2243:1: warning: the frame size of 1040 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/agg-rx.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c: In function ‘vxge_poll_inta’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/neterion/vxge/vxge-main.c:1871:1: warning: the frame size of 1072 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/chan.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/driver-trace.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qlcnic/qlcnic_ethtool.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/mlme.o
*net/mac80211/mlme.c: In function ‘ieee80211_prep_connection’:
*net/mac80211/mlme.c:3060:19: warning: ‘sta’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/transport.o
*  CC [M]  net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/rpc_rdma.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/tlan.o
*  CC [M]  net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/verbs.o
*net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/verbs.c: In function ‘rpcrdma_register_default_external’:
*net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/verbs.c:1774:1: warning: the frame size of 1056 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/scsi_transport_srp.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/iscsi_boot_sysfs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_rtt.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/advansys.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/calib.o
*drivers/scsi/advansys.c:71:2: warning: #warning this driver is still not properly converted to the DMA API
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_rx.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/aacraid/commsup.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/aacraid/dpcsup.o
*drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c: In function ‘libipw_wx_set_encodeext’:
*drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c:526:21: warning: unused variable ‘dev’
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192de/led.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192de/phy.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas_config.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.o
*drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.c: In function ‘_scsih_sas_broadcast_primitive_event’:
*drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas_scsih.c:5766:40: warning: unused variable ‘event_data’
*--
*  LD [M]  drivers/scsi/mpt2sas/mpt2sas.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_init.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192se/hw.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.o
*drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.c: In function ‘mvs_task_exec’:
*drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.c:888:24: warning: unused variable ‘dev’
*drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.c: In function ‘mvs_update_phyinfo’:
*drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.c:1157:34: warning: comparison between ‘enum sas_device_type’ and ‘enum sas_dev_type’
*drivers/scsi/mvsas/mv_sas.c:1160:39: warning: comparison between ‘enum sas_device_type’ and ‘enum sas_dev_type’
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/speakup_audptr.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/ieee80211_rx.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/speakup_bns.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/speakup_dectlk.o
*drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/ieee80211_rx.c: In function ‘RxReorderIndicatePacket’:
*drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/ieee80211_rx.c:773:1: warning: the frame size of 1056 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/kobjects.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/selection.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/rtl819x_TSProc.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/staging/speakup/serialio.o
*drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/rtl819x_TSProc.c: In function ‘RxPktPendingTimeout’:
*drivers/staging/rtl8192u/ieee80211/rtl819x_TSProc.c:94:1: warning: the frame size of 1040 bytes is larger than 1024 bytes
*--
*COMMAND: make -j2 CC="gcc" LD="ld" AS="as" 
*  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
*  GEN     include/applets.h
*  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/split-include
*scripts/basic/split-include.c: In function ‘main’:
*scripts/basic/split-include.c:134:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  GEN     miscutils/Kbuild
*  GEN     miscutils/Config.in
*  GEN     applets/Kbuild
*  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_choice’:
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c:354:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_askvalue’:
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c:106:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘show_textbox’:
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:839:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘exec_conf’:
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:473:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘pipe’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘expr_print_file_helper’:
*scripts/kconfig/expr.c:1083:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘conf_write’:
*scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:492:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:494:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*Additional CFLAGS (EXTRA_CFLAGS) []
* Debugging Options
*Build BusyBox with extra Debugging symbols (DEBUG) [N/y/?] n
*Abort compilation on any warning (WERROR) [N/y/?] n
*--
*  Tab completion (FEATURE_TAB_COMPLETION) [Y/n/?] y
*    Username completion (FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION) [N/y/?] n
*  Fancy shell prompts (FEATURE_EDITING_FANCY_PROMPT) [N/y/?] n
*  Query cursor position from terminal (FEATURE_EDITING_ASK_TERMINAL) [N/y/?] n
*Non-POSIX, but safer, copying to special nodes (FEATURE_NON_POSIX_CP) [Y/n/?] y
*Give more precise messages when copy fails (cp, mv etc) (FEATURE_VERBOSE_CP_MESSAGE) [N/y/?] n
*Copy buffer size, in kilobytes (FEATURE_COPYBUF_KB) [4] 4
*Skip rootfs in mount table (FEATURE_SKIP_ROOTFS) [Y/n/?] y
*Use clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) syscall (MONOTONIC_SYSCALL) [Y/n/?] y
*Use ioctl names rather than hex values in error messages (IOCTL_HEX2STR_ERROR) [Y/n/?] y
*--
*bbconfig (BBCONFIG) [N/y/?] n
*beep (BEEP) [Y/n/?] y
*  default frequency (FEATURE_BEEP_FREQ) [4000] 4000
*  default length (FEATURE_BEEP_LENGTH_MS) [30] 30
*chat (CHAT) [Y/n/?] y
*  Enable NOFAIL expect strings (FEATURE_CHAT_NOFAIL) [Y/n/?] y
*--
* busybox: >> Compiling...
*  SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
*  HOSTCC  applets/usage
*applets/usage.c: In function ‘main’:
*applets/usage.c:52:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
*  HOSTCC  applets/applet_tables
*  GEN     include/usage_compressed.h
*applets/applet_tables.c: In function ‘main’:
*applets/applet_tables.c:151:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  GEN     include/applet_tables.h
*  HOSTCC  applets/usage_pod
*  CC      applets/applets.o
*applets/usage_pod.c: In function ‘main’:
*applets/usage_pod.c:74:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      archival/bzip2.o
*  LD      archival/libarchive/built-in.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/data_align.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.o
*archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c: In function ‘data_extract_all’:
*archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c:176:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      console-tools/clear.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/filter_accept_reject_list.o
*  CC      console-tools/dumpkmap.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/find_list_entry.o
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c: In function ‘dumpkmap_main’:
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:50:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:59:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:72:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      console-tools/fgconsole.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.o
*  CC      console-tools/kbd_mode.o
*archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c: In function ‘get_header_tar’:
*archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c:282:34: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
*  CC      console-tools/loadfont.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar_bz2.o
*console-tools/loadfont.c: In function ‘setfont_main’:
*console-tools/loadfont.c:404:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/loadfont.c:422:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      coreutils/id.o
*  CC      coreutils/ln.o
*  CC      coreutils/ls.o
*  CC      editors/sed.o
*editors/sed.c: In function ‘sed_main’:
*editors/sed.c:1458:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      coreutils/sleep.o
*  LD      init/built-in.o
*  CC      init/bootchartd.o
*  CC      coreutils/sort.o
*init/bootchartd.c: In function ‘finalize’:
*init/bootchartd.c:310:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/concat_subpath_file.o
*  CC      libbb/copy_file.o
*  LD      loginutils/built-in.o
*  CC      loginutils/chpasswd.o
*loginutils/chpasswd.c: In function ‘chpasswd_main’:
*loginutils/chpasswd.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/crc32.o
*  LD      mailutils/built-in.o
*  CC      libbb/create_icmp6_socket.o
*  CC      mailutils/mail.o
*mailutils/mail.c: In function ‘encode_base64’:
*mailutils/mail.c:159:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      libbb/create_icmp_socket.o
*  CC      mailutils/makemime.o
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c: In function ‘create_icmp_socket’:
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:28:4: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:29:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*  CC      libbb/default_error_retval.o
*mailutils/makemime.c: In function ‘makemime_main’:
*mailutils/makemime.c:175:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘freopen’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      mailutils/popmaildir.o
*  CC      libbb/device_open.o
*  CC      libbb/dump.o
*  CC      mailutils/reformime.o
*libbb/dump.c: In function ‘display’:
*libbb/dump.c:613:8: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/dump.c:663:5: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      miscutils/beep.o
*  CC      libbb/fclose_nonstdin.o
*  CC      miscutils/chat.o
*  CC      libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.o
*libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c: In function ‘fflush_stdout_and_exit’:
*libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c:19:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      miscutils/makedevs.o
*  CC      libbb/full_write.o
*  CC      miscutils/man.o
*  CC      libbb/get_console.o
*miscutils/man.c: In function ‘run_pipe’:
*miscutils/man.c:122:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      miscutils/microcom.o
*  CC      libbb/get_cpu_count.o
*miscutils/microcom.c: In function ‘microcom_main’:
*miscutils/microcom.c:152:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      networking/brctl.o
*  CC      libbb/inode_hash.o
*  CC      networking/ftpd.o
*  CC      libbb/isdirectory.o
*networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘ftpd_main’:
*networking/ftpd.c:1183:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chroot’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘popen_ls’:
*networking/ftpd.c:672:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/llist.o
*  CC      libbb/login.o
*  CC      networking/interface.o
*  CC      libbb/loop.o
*networking/interface.c: In function ‘if_readlist_proc’:
*networking/interface.c:572:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*networking/interface.c:573:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      libbb/make_directory.o
*  CC      networking/nbd-client.o
*  CC      libbb/makedev.o
*  CC      libbb/match_fstype.o
*networking/nbd-client.c: In function ‘nbdclient_main’:
*networking/nbd-client.c:133:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘daemon’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      networking/ntpd.o
*  CC      libbb/messages.o
*networking/ntpd.c: In function ‘ntp_init’:
*networking/ntpd.c:1906:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      networking/tunctl.o
*  CC      libbb/platform.o
*  CC      networking/wget.o
*  CC      libbb/print_flags.o
*networking/wget.c: In function ‘open_socket’:
*networking/wget.c:202:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  AR      networking/libiproute/lib.a
*  LD      networking/udhcp/built-in.o
*  CC      networking/udhcp/arpping.o
*  CC      libbb/procps.o
*networking/udhcp/arpping.c: In function ‘arpping’:
*networking/udhcp/arpping.c:53:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      printutils/lpd.o
*  CC      libbb/skip_whitespace.o
*  CC      printutils/lpr.o
*  CC      libbb/speed_table.o
*printutils/lpr.c: In function ‘lpqr_main’:
*printutils/lpr.c:252:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/unicode.o
*  CC      procps/pgrep.o
*  CC      procps/pmap.o
*  CC      libbb/update_passwd.o
*libbb/update_passwd.c: In function ‘update_passwd’:
*libbb/update_passwd.c:138:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/warn_ignoring_args.o
*  CC      procps/pwdx.o
*  CC      libbb/wfopen.o
*  CC      procps/smemcap.o
*libbb/wfopen.c: In function ‘xfdopen_helper’:
*libbb/wfopen.c:46:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/xfunc_die.o
*  LD      shell/built-in.o
*  CC      shell/ash.o
*  CC      libbb/xfuncs.o
*shell/ash.c: In function ‘sprint_status’:
*shell/ash.c:3929:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*  CC      libbb/xfuncs_printf.o
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘malloc_or_warn’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xmalloc’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:49:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xrealloc’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:60:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xstrdup’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:84:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xasprintf’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:302:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xsetenv’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:309:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘generate_uuid’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:592:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      util-linux/hexdump.o
*  CC      util-linux/losetup.o
*  CC      util-linux/lspci.o
*  CC      util-linux/lsusb.o
*  CC      util-linux/mdStart.o
*util-linux/mdStart.c:37:1: warning: no previous prototype for ‘mdstart_main’
*util-linux/mdStart.c: In function ‘mdstart_main’:
*util-linux/mdStart.c:43:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bb_show_usage’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:48:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sscanf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:48:6: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘sscanf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:55:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘close’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘printf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
*  CC      util-linux/mdev.o
*  CC      shell/math.o
*util-linux/mdev.c: In function ‘make_device’:
*util-linux/mdev.c:394:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*util-linux/mdev.c:397:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*util-linux/mdev.c:401:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      util-linux/mkfs_ext2.o
*  CC      shell/shell_common.o
*util-linux/mkfs_ext2.c:51:27: fatal error: linux/ext2_fs.h: No such file or directory
*compilation terminated.
*make[1]: *** [util-linux/mkfs_ext2.o] Error 1
*make: *** [util-linux] Error 2
*make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
*  AR      shell/lib.a
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 3.4.33.1
* Running with options: --menuconfig --install --postclear --bootloader=grub all
* -- End log... --

Here is my emerge --info:
Code:

Portage 2.1.10.64 (default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop, gcc-4.5.3, glibc-2.15-r2, 3.3.5-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-3.3.5-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i7-2670QM_CPU_@_2.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.1
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:00:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:          4.2_p29
dev-java/java-config:     2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:          2.7.3-r2, 3.1.4-r4, 3.2.3-r1
dev-util/cmake:           2.8.8-r2
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.1-r1
sys-apps/openrc:          0.10.2
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.5
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13, 2.69
sys-devel/automake:       1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.5, 1.12.1
sys-devel/binutils:       2.22-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.5.3-r2, 4.6.3
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.7.2
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.2
sys-devel/make:           3.82-r3
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.4 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.15-r2
Repositories: gentoo
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /usr/share/openvpn/easy-rsa /var/lib/hsqldb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="${EPREFIX}/etc/gconf /etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--keep-going y -j 4"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles news parallel-fetch parse-eapi-ebuild-head protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS=""
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY=""
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="64bit X a52 aac acl acpi addns ads alsa amd64 apache2 apcupsd aperfmperf apic apng arat arch_perfmon audacious avx bash-completion battery berkdb bluetooth branding bts bzip2 cairo caps cdda cdr clamav clamd clamdtop clflush cli cmov connection-sharing consolekit constant_tsc cracklib crypt cscope cups curl custom-cflags custom-optimization cx16 cx8 cxx dbus de dedicated derby device-mapper dga dhcpcd dirac direct2d directfb directx dmx dri ds_cpl dshow dtes64 dts dv dvd dvdr dxva2 eds egl emboss encode epb ept equalizer est eve exif extensions fam fat fbcon fbosd ffmpeg fftw firefox firefox-bookmarks flac flexpriority fltk fluidsynth fortran fpu freerdp fuse fxsr gcj gdbm gif gme gnome gnome-keyring gpm growl gstreamer gtk gtk3 hddtemp high-ints ht httpd iconv icu ida imlib iostats iptables ipv6 jack java java6 javascript jce joystick jpeg kate kdrive keychain lahf_lm lame laptop lcms ldap libass libkms libnotify libproxy libsamplerate libtiger libv4l libv4l2 libvisual linsys live lm lock lzo mad maps matroska mca mce midi mikmod minizip mmx mng moc modplug modules monitor mouse mozdom mp3 mp4 mpd mpeg msr mtp mtrr mudflap multilib musepack nautilus ncurses netbeans netlink networkmanager nls nonstop_tsc nopl nptl nsplugin nss ntfs nx odk offlinehelp ogg omxil openal opengl openldap openmp openpgp openrc opensc openssl pae pam pango pat pbe pclmulqdq pcre pcsc-lite pdcm pdf pdfimport pebs pge pidgin pkcs11 pln png pni policykit popcnt postgres ppds pppd projectm pse pse36 pts pulseaudio pvr python qt3support qt4 quicktime rdesktop rdesktop-vrdp rdtscp readline remote rep_good resolvconf rss rtsp samba schroedinger sdk sdl sdl-image sendto sep server servletapi session shine shout sid sip smartcard smbclient smbkrb5passwd smbsharemodes smbtav2 smp sna speech speex spell sqlite ss sse sse2 sse3 sse4 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssh ssl ssse3 stars startup-notification stk svg swat switcher symlink syscall syslog taglib tcpd telepathy templates theora thunar thunderbird tiff tint2conf tm tm2 toolbar tools tpr_shadow tracker truetype tsc twolame udev udisks unicode upnp upower usb utils v4l v4l2 vaapi vala vcdx video vlm vme vmx vnc vnmi vorbis vpid vte wav waveout webcam webdav webdav-neon webdav-serf wifi wingdi wma-fixed wxwidgets x264 x2apic xcb xdmcp xforms xfs xine xinerama xinetd xml xmms2 xmp xorg xplanet xrandr xsave xsaveopt xtopology xtpr xulrunner xv xvfb xvid zlib zvbi" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse joystick synaptics vmmouse virtualbox" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_2 python2_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18 ruby19" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="dummy fbdev intel i915 i965 v4l vesa virtualbox" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_PYTHON

I also did a
Code:
emerge -De system
with no errors after I changed 'gcc-4.5.3' and 'ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"'.
I also still can't compile old kernels also.
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71,

For lack of any brilliant ideas at this time try the following:

Make sure the symlink is correct
Code:
readlink /usr/src/linux

Save any .config in /usr/src/linux
Code:
mv /usr/src/linux/.config /usr/src/linux/.config.save

Copy the config file from x86_64/kernel-config to /usr/src/linux/.config
Code:
cp /usr/share/genkernel/arch/x86_64/kernel-config /usr/src/linux/.config

Setup new config symbols if necessary
Code:
cd /usr/src/linux && make oldconfig

Check and correct the SCSI_LPFC setting
Code:
make menuconfig

Compile using /usr/src/linux/.config
Code:
genkernel  --kernel-config=/usr/src/linux/.config --mountboot --install --bootloader=grub all

Good luck :wink:

Since installing gentoo, my life has become one long emerge :)
Hello71
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK this is a common error being seen by Gentoo users using 3.4. Try re-running emerge --sync and emerge -u gentoo-sources. Alternatively, use a stable version of gentoo-sources.
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillWho,

Nope that still didn't work, but thanks for the help.

Hello71 wrote:
AFAIK this is a common error being seen by Gentoo users using 3.4. Try re-running emerge --sync and emerge -u gentoo-sources. Alternatively, use a stable version of gentoo-sources.

I am up to date on my portage and ebuilds.

Is there a bug in Gentoo's Bugzilla?
If yes, can you give me a link to the bug in Gentoo's Bugzilla so I can follow it?

Thanks.
lexflex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71 wrote:
BillWho,
Nope that still didn't work, but thanks for the help.

You also had the higher version gcc (gcc 4.6.3) installed.
As ,emtioned earlier, for me (but I messed up completely at first by mixing them) it only worked after recompiling all relevant system tools using the same gcc version 4.5.3-r2 ( Recompiled glibc, genkernel en gentoolkitgentookit etc, ),

Then:
Code:
emerge --update --deep --with-bdeps=y system

This for me removed the error
Code:
 fatal error: linux/ext2_fs.h:

After this, ended up with the
Code:
make[3]: *** [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.o] Error 1
error ,which was removed by unselecting yhe lpfc scsi-module.

Alex.
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflex wrote:
You also had the higher version gcc (gcc 4.6.3) installed.

I uninstalled gcc 4.6.3.
lexflex wrote:
Recompiled glibc, genkernel en gentoolkitgentookit etc

I recompiled these and also libtool.
lexflex wrote:

I then I did this, and the only thing that was updated was gcc 4.6.3.
lexflex wrote:
After this, ended up with the
Code:
make[3]: *** [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.o] Error 1
error ,which was removed by unselecting yhe lpfc scsi-module.

Did this and it still errors.
lexflex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflex wrote:

Ok, I am in doubt myself, so what I said might have been wrong.: I am pretty sure I reemerge the systemfiles, so probably without --update" .
Also, I blocked gcc 4.6.3.

So, probably
Code:
emerge  --deep --with-bdeps=y system
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflex wrote:
emerge --deep --with-bdeps=y system

Did that and still no luck.
Code:

* -- Grepping log... --
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf --oldconfig Kconfig
.config:2860:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for RTC_LIB
.config:2861:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for RTC_CLASS
--
choice[1]: 1
Sparse Memory virtual memmap (SPARSEMEM_VMEMMAP) [Y/n/?] y
Allow for memory hot-add (MEMORY_HOTPLUG) [N/y] n
Allow for memory compaction (COMPACTION) [N/y/?] (NEW) Enable KSM for page merging (KSM) [N/y/?] n
Low address space to protect from user allocation (DEFAULT_MMAP_MIN_ADDR) [4096] 4096
Enable recovery from hardware memory errors (MEMORY_FAILURE) [N/y/?] n
--
  Thermal Zone (ACPI_THERMAL) [M/n/?] m
  Debug Statements (ACPI_DEBUG) [N/y/?] n
  PCI slot detection driver (ACPI_PCI_SLOT) [N/m/y/?] n
  Container and Module Devices (EXPERIMENTAL) (ACPI_CONTAINER) [M/y/?] m
  Smart Battery System (ACPI_SBS) [N/m/y/?] n
  Hardware Error Device (ACPI_HED) [N/m/y/?] n
  Boottime Graphics Resource Table support (ACPI_BGRT) [N/m/y/?] (NEW)   ACPI Platform Error Interface (APEI) (ACPI_APEI) [N/y/?] n
--
* Bus options (PCI etc.)
PCI support (PCI) [Y/n/?] y
  Support mmconfig PCI config space access (PCI_MMCONFIG) [Y/n] y
  PCI Express support (PCIEPORTBUS) [Y/n/?] y
    Root Port Advanced Error Reporting support (PCIEAER) [Y/n/?] y
      PCI Express ECRC settings control (PCIE_ECRC) [N/y/?] n
      PCIe AER error injector support (PCIEAER_INJECT) [N/m/y/?] n
--
  * Wireless
  Wireless (WIRELESS) [Y] y
    cfg80211 - wireless configuration API (CFG80211) [M/n/?] m
      nl80211 testmode command (NL80211_TESTMODE) [N/y/?] n
      enable developer warnings (CFG80211_DEVELOPER_WARNINGS) [N/y/?] n
--
  Symbios 53c500 PCMCIA support (PCMCIA_SYM53C500) [M/n/?] m
* Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers
Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers (ATA) [M/n/y/?] m
  Verbose ATA error reporting (ATA_VERBOSE_ERROR) [Y/n/?] y
--
NILFS2 file system support (EXPERIMENTAL) (NILFS2_FS) [N/m/y/?] n
Dnotify support (DNOTIFY) [Y/n/?] y
Inotify support for userspace (INOTIFY_USER) [Y/n/?] y
Filesystem wide access notification (FANOTIFY) [N/y/?] (NEW) Quota support (QUOTA) [Y/?] y
Report quota messages through netlink interface (QUOTA_NETLINK_INTERFACE) [N/y/?] n
Print quota warnings to console (OBSOLETE) (PRINT_QUOTA_WARNING) [Y/n/?] y
--
RCU CPU stall timeout in seconds (RCU_CPU_STALL_TIMEOUT) [60] (NEW) Print additional diagnostics on RCU CPU stall (RCU_CPU_STALL_INFO) [N/y/?] (NEW) Enable tracing for RCU (RCU_TRACE) [N/y/?] n
Self test for the backtrace code (BACKTRACE_SELF_TEST) [N/m/y/?] n
Force extended block device numbers and spread them (DEBUG_BLOCK_EXT_DEVT) [N/y/?] n
Force weak per-cpu definitions (DEBUG_FORCE_WEAK_PER_CPU) [N/y/?] n
Debug access to per_cpu maps (DEBUG_PER_CPU_MAPS) [N/y/?] n
CPU notifier error injection module (CPU_NOTIFIER_ERROR_INJECT) [N/m/y/?] n
--
  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/keywords.hash.c
  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.h
  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.c
  HOSTCC  scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.o
scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped: In function ‘yylex1’:
scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped:904:1: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      drivers/video/console/font_8x8.o
  CC      drivers/video/console/font_8x16.o
  CC      fs/xfs/xfs_mount.o
  CC      drivers/video/console/softcursor.o
  CC      drivers/video/console/fbcondecor.o
drivers/video/console/fbcondecor.c:511:6: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
--
  CC [M]  drivers/block/cciss.o
  CC [M]  fs/ntfs/super.o
  CC [M]  fs/ntfs/sysctl.o
  CC [M]  fs/ntfs/unistr.o
drivers/block/cciss.c: In function ‘dev_show_unique_id’:
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[0]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[4]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[5]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[6]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[7]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[8]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[9]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[10]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[11]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[12]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[13]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[14]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[15]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
--
  CC [M]  sound/pci/rme9652/hdsp.o
  CC [M]  drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/evergreen_cs.o
  CC [M]  sound/pci/rme9652/hdspm.o
  CC [M]  drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.o
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c: In function ‘r100_bandwidth_update’:
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c:2894:50: warning: ‘disp_drain_rate.full’ may be used uninitialized in this function
drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c:2840:63: warning: ‘crit_point_ff.full’ may be used uninitialized in this function
--
  CC [M]  drivers/md/linear.o
  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid0.o
  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid1.o
  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid10.o
drivers/md/raid10.c: In function ‘read_balance’:
drivers/md/raid10.c:681:18: warning: ‘rdev’ may be used uninitialized in this function
--
  CC [M]  drivers/message/fusion/mptlan.o
  CC [M]  drivers/message/i2o/bus-osm.o
  CC [M]  drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.o
In file included from drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.c:39:0:
drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c: In function ‘i2o_cfg_passthru’:
drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:881:19: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:936:10: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
--
  CC [M]  net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_irc.o
  CC [M]  net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_pptp.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.o
  CC [M]  net/ipv4/netfilter/nf_nat_sip.o
drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c: In function ‘nmclan_config’:
drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c:625:3: warning: ‘pcmcia_request_exclusive_irq’ is deprecated (declared at include/pcmcia/ds.h:201)
--
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/ibss.o
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/work.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.o
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/iface.o
drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c: In function ‘find_entry.clone.7’:
drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c:572:6: warning: ‘hash’ may be used uninitialized in this function
--
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/event.o
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/chan.o
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/driver-trace.o
  CC [M]  net/mac80211/mlme.o
net/mac80211/mlme.c: In function ‘ieee80211_prep_connection’:
net/mac80211/mlme.c:3060:19: warning: ‘sta’ may be used uninitialized in this function
--
  CC [M]  lib/raid6/altivec4.o
  CC [M]  lib/raid6/altivec8.o
  CC [M]  lib/raid6/tables.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.o
drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c: In function ‘libipw_wx_set_encodeext’:
drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c:526:21: warning: unused variable ‘dev’
--
  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/3945.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/3945-rs.o
  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.o
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.c: In function ‘iwlagn_mac_resume’:
drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.c:440:23: warning: unused variable ‘img’
--
  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/iscsi_boot_sysfs.o
  CC [M]  drivers/uio/uio.o
  CC [M]  drivers/uio/uio_cif.o
  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/advansys.o
  CC [M]  drivers/usb/usb-common.o
drivers/scsi/advansys.c:71:2: warning: #warning this driver is still not properly converted to the DMA API
--
  INSTALL /lib/firmware/kaweth/new_code_fix.bin
  INSTALL /lib/firmware/kaweth/trigger_code_fix.bin
  INSTALL /lib/firmware/whiteheat_loader.fw
  INSTALL /lib/firmware/whiteheat.fw
  DEPMOD  3.4.0-gentoo
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxnetflt.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxnetflt.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol pv_mmu_ops
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol pv_irq_ops
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol preempt_schedule
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol add_preempt_count
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol sub_preempt_count
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol pv_mmu_ops
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol pv_irq_ops
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol preempt_schedule
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol add_preempt_count
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock_irq
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol sub_preempt_count
WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
--
COMMAND: make -j2 CC="gcc" LD="ld" AS="as" 
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  GEN     include/applets.h
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/split-include
scripts/basic/split-include.c: In function ‘main’:
scripts/basic/split-include.c:134:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  GEN     miscutils/Kbuild
  GEN     miscutils/Config.in
  GEN     applets/Kbuild
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_choice’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:354:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_askvalue’:
scripts/kconfig/conf.c:106:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘show_textbox’:
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:839:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘exec_conf’:
scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:473:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘pipe’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘expr_print_file_helper’:
scripts/kconfig/expr.c:1083:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘conf_write’:
scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:492:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:494:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
Additional CFLAGS (EXTRA_CFLAGS) []
* Debugging Options
Build BusyBox with extra Debugging symbols (DEBUG) [N/y/?] n
Abort compilation on any warning (WERROR) [N/y/?] n
--
  Tab completion (FEATURE_TAB_COMPLETION) [Y/n/?] y
    Username completion (FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION) [N/y/?] n
  Fancy shell prompts (FEATURE_EDITING_FANCY_PROMPT) [N/y/?] n
  Query cursor position from terminal (FEATURE_EDITING_ASK_TERMINAL) [N/y/?] n
Non-POSIX, but safer, copying to special nodes (FEATURE_NON_POSIX_CP) [Y/n/?] y
Give more precise messages when copy fails (cp, mv etc) (FEATURE_VERBOSE_CP_MESSAGE) [N/y/?] n
Copy buffer size, in kilobytes (FEATURE_COPYBUF_KB) [4] 4
Skip rootfs in mount table (FEATURE_SKIP_ROOTFS) [Y/n/?] y
Use clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) syscall (MONOTONIC_SYSCALL) [Y/n/?] y
Use ioctl names rather than hex values in error messages (IOCTL_HEX2STR_ERROR) [Y/n/?] y
--
bbconfig (BBCONFIG) [N/y/?] n
beep (BEEP) [Y/n/?] y
  default frequency (FEATURE_BEEP_FREQ) [4000] 4000
  default length (FEATURE_BEEP_LENGTH_MS) [30] 30
chat (CHAT) [Y/n/?] y
  Enable NOFAIL expect strings (FEATURE_CHAT_NOFAIL) [Y/n/?] y
--
COMMAND: make -j2 CC="gcc" LD="ld" AS="as" 
  SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
  HOSTCC  applets/usage
applets/usage.c: In function ‘main’:
applets/usage.c:52:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
  HOSTCC  applets/applet_tables
applets/applet_tables.c: In function ‘main’:
applets/applet_tables.c:151:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  GEN     include/usage_compressed.h
  GEN     include/applet_tables.h
  HOSTCC  applets/usage_pod
applets/usage_pod.c: In function ‘main’:
applets/usage_pod.c:74:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  LD      archival/libarchive/built-in.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/data_align.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.o
  CC      archival/bzip2.o
archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c: In function ‘data_extract_all’:
archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c:176:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  LD      console-tools/built-in.o
  CC      console-tools/chvt.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.o
  CC      console-tools/clear.o
archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c: In function ‘get_header_tar’:
archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c:282:34: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
  CC      console-tools/dumpkmap.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar_bz2.o
console-tools/dumpkmap.c: In function ‘dumpkmap_main’:
console-tools/dumpkmap.c:50:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
console-tools/dumpkmap.c:59:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
console-tools/dumpkmap.c:72:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      console-tools/kbd_mode.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar_lzma.o
  CC      console-tools/loadfont.o
  CC      archival/libarchive/header_list.o
console-tools/loadfont.c: In function ‘setfont_main’:
console-tools/loadfont.c:404:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
console-tools/loadfont.c:422:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      coreutils/md5_sha1_sum.o
  CC      coreutils/mkdir.o
  CC      editors/sed.o
  CC      coreutils/mknod.o
editors/sed.c: In function ‘sed_main’:
editors/sed.c:1458:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      coreutils/stty.o
  AR      findutils/lib.a
  LD      init/built-in.o
  CC      init/bootchartd.o
init/bootchartd.c: In function ‘finalize’:
init/bootchartd.c:310:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  AR      libpwdgrp/lib.a
  LD      loginutils/built-in.o
  CC      loginutils/chpasswd.o
  CC      libbb/compare_string_array.o
loginutils/chpasswd.c: In function ‘chpasswd_main’:
loginutils/chpasswd.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
  AR      loginutils/lib.a
  LD      mailutils/built-in.o
  CC      mailutils/mail.o
  CC      libbb/concat_path_file.o
mailutils/mail.c: In function ‘encode_base64’:
mailutils/mail.c:159:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  CC      mailutils/makemime.o
  CC      libbb/concat_subpath_file.o
mailutils/makemime.c: In function ‘makemime_main’:
mailutils/makemime.c:175:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘freopen’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  AR      mailutils/lib.a
  LD      miscutils/built-in.o
  CC      miscutils/beep.o
  CC      libbb/create_icmp_socket.o
libbb/create_icmp_socket.c: In function ‘create_icmp_socket’:
libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:28:4: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:29:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  CC      miscutils/chat.o
  CC      libbb/device_open.o
  CC      miscutils/devmem.o
  CC      libbb/dump.o
libbb/dump.c: In function ‘display’:
libbb/dump.c:613:8: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/dump.c:663:5: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  CC      miscutils/makedevs.o
  CC      libbb/fclose_nonstdin.o
  CC      miscutils/man.o
  CC      libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.o
miscutils/man.c: In function ‘run_pipe’:
miscutils/man.c:122:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c: In function ‘fflush_stdout_and_exit’:
libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c:19:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
  CC      libbb/fgets_str.o
  CC      miscutils/microcom.o
miscutils/microcom.c: In function ‘microcom_main’:
miscutils/microcom.c:152:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  LD      networking/built-in.o
  CC      networking/brctl.o
  CC      libbb/hash_md5_sha.o
  CC      networking/ftpd.o
networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘ftpd_main’:
networking/ftpd.c:1183:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chroot’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘popen_ls’:
networking/ftpd.c:672:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      libbb/kernel_version.o
  CC      libbb/last_char_is.o
  CC      networking/interface.o
  CC      libbb/lineedit.o
networking/interface.c: In function ‘if_readlist_proc’:
networking/interface.c:572:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
networking/interface.c:573:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  CC      networking/nbd-client.o
networking/nbd-client.c: In function ‘nbdclient_main’:
networking/nbd-client.c:133:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘daemon’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  CC      networking/ntpd.o
networking/ntpd.c: In function ‘ntp_init’:
networking/ntpd.c:1906:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  CC      networking/tunctl.o
  CC      libbb/mtab.o
  CC      networking/wget.o
  CC      libbb/parse_config.o
networking/wget.c: In function ‘open_socket’:
networking/wget.c:202:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  CC      libbb/pidfile.o
  LD      networking/udhcp/built-in.o
  CC      networking/udhcp/arpping.o
  CC      libbb/platform.o
networking/udhcp/arpping.c: In function ‘arpping’:
networking/udhcp/arpping.c:53:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  CC      printutils/lpd.o
  CC      libbb/safe_write.o
  CC      printutils/lpr.o
  CC      libbb/setup_environment.o
printutils/lpr.c: In function ‘lpqr_main’:
printutils/lpr.c:252:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      procps/powertop.o
  CC      libbb/unicode.o
  CC      libbb/update_passwd.o
  CC      procps/ps.o
libbb/update_passwd.c: In function ‘update_passwd’:
libbb/update_passwd.c:138:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      libbb/wfopen.o
  LD      runit/built-in.o
  AR      runit/lib.a
  CC      libbb/wfopen_input.o
libbb/wfopen.c: In function ‘xfdopen_helper’:
libbb/wfopen.c:46:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
--
  AR      selinux/lib.a
  LD      shell/built-in.o
  CC      shell/ash.o
  CC      libbb/xfunc_die.o
shell/ash.c: In function ‘sprint_status’:
shell/ash.c:3929:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
  CC      libbb/xfuncs.o
  CC      libbb/xfuncs_printf.o
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘malloc_or_warn’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xmalloc’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:49:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xrealloc’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:60:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xstrdup’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:84:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xasprintf’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:302:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xsetenv’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:309:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘generate_uuid’:
libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:592:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
--
  CC      util-linux/losetup.o
  CC      util-linux/lspci.o
  CC      util-linux/lsusb.o
  CC      shell/math.o
  CC      util-linux/mdStart.o
util-linux/mdStart.c:37:1: warning: no previous prototype for ‘mdstart_main’
util-linux/mdStart.c: In function ‘mdstart_main’:
util-linux/mdStart.c:43:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bb_show_usage’
util-linux/mdStart.c:48:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sscanf’
util-linux/mdStart.c:48:6: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘sscanf’
util-linux/mdStart.c:55:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘close’
util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘printf’
util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
  CC      util-linux/mdev.o
util-linux/mdev.c: In function ‘make_device’:
util-linux/mdev.c:394:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
util-linux/mdev.c:397:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
util-linux/mdev.c:401:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
  CC      shell/shell_common.o
  CC      util-linux/mkfs_ext2.o
util-linux/mkfs_ext2.c:51:27: fatal error: linux/ext2_fs.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [util-linux/mkfs_ext2.o] Error 1
make: *** [util-linux] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  AR      shell/lib.a
* Running with options: --kernel-config=/tmp/.config --no-color --install --bootloader=grub all

* -- End log... --
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71

Does the file ext2_fs.h exist in /usr/include/ext2fs/ :?:
Code:
ls -l /usr/include/ext2fs/ext2_fs.h

Looking at the latest error it appears to be related to busybox

It's a different error than the one you originally had :!:

s4e8
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lpfc set the per-driver -Werror cflags, treat warning as error. You need disable CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC, or enable both CONFIG_DEBUG_FS and CONFIG_LPFC_DEBUG_FS.
carpenterguy
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally had some free time and got back to the 3.4.0 kernel yesterday. Last week it failed on 4 systems with this error.
I can confirm that removing
Code:
emulex lightpulse fiber channel support

And the kernel built with no errors on 4 systems, gentoo/funtoo
I also tried both manual and genkernel, no problems.
Thanks for the help in this thread :D
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s4e8 wrote:
lpfc set the per-driver -Werror cflags, treat warning as error. You need disable CONFIG_SCSI_LPFC, or enable both CONFIG_DEBUG_FS and CONFIG_LPFC_DEBUG_FS.

Tried both those and still I am getting this:
Code:

*util-linux/mkfs_ext2.c:51:27: fatal error: linux/ext2_fs.h: No such file or directory
*compilation terminated.
*--
*  AR      shell/lib.a
* Running with options: --menuconfig --install --postclear --bootloader=grub all
* -- End log... --

Even thought ext2_fs.h is at /usr/include/ext2fs and /usr/src/linux/include/linux .
ryao
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

cld71 wrote:
Code:
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x/rtl8180/grf5101.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.o
*  LD [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x/rtl8180/rtl8180.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/rtl818x/rtl8187/dev.o
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c: In function ‘lpfc_bg_setup_bpl’:
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:1900:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c: In function ‘lpfc_bg_setup_bpl_prot’:
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2037:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c: In function ‘lpfc_bg_setup_sgl’:
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2256:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c: In function ‘lpfc_bg_setup_sgl_prot’:
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2386:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
*make[3]: *** [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.o] Error 1
*make[2]: *** [drivers/scsi/lpfc] Error 2
*make[1]: *** [drivers/scsi] Error 2
*--

This is a bug in the kernel. Open /usr/src/linux-3.4.0/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c in your favorite text editor and delete lines 2386, 2256, 2037 and 1900 in that order. Save the file and recompile. This issue should disappear.
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

It appears that I am not getting the following error anymore:
cld71 wrote:
Code:
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:1900:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2037:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2256:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c:2386:11: error: unused variable ‘rc’ [-Werror=unused-variable]
*--

But I am getting this error:
Code:

* -- Grepping log... --
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/keywords.hash.c
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.h
*  SHIPPED scripts/genksyms/parse.tab.c
*  HOSTCC  scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.o
*scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped: In function ‘yylex1’:
*scripts/genksyms/lex.lex.c_shipped:904:1: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      drivers/video/console/font_8x8.o
*  CC      drivers/video/console/font_8x16.o
*  CC      drivers/video/console/softcursor.o
*  CC      fs/xfs/xfs_sync.o
*  CC      drivers/video/console/fbcondecor.o
*drivers/video/console/fbcondecor.c:511:6: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/block/cciss.o
*  CC [M]  fs/nfsd/stats.o
*  CC [M]  fs/nfsd/nfs3proc.o
*  CC [M]  fs/nfsd/nfs3xdr.o
*drivers/block/cciss.c: In function ‘dev_show_unique_id’:
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[0]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[1]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[2]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[3]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[4]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[5]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[6]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[7]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[8]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[9]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[10]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[11]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[12]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[13]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[14]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/block/cciss.c:663:7: warning: ‘sn[15]’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  LD [M]  sound/pci/rme9652/snd-rme9652.o
*  LD [M]  sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdsp.o
*  LD [M]  sound/pci/rme9652/snd-hdspm.o
*  CC [M]  sound/pci/trident/trident.o
*drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c: In function ‘r100_bandwidth_update’:
*drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c:2894:50: warning: ‘disp_drain_rate.full’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/r100.c:2840:63: warning: ‘crit_point_ff.full’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  net/bluetooth/hci_sock.o
*  CC [M]  net/bluetooth/hci_sysfs.o
*  CC [M]  net/bluetooth/l2cap_core.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/md/raid10.o
*drivers/md/raid10.c: In function ‘read_balance’:
*drivers/md/raid10.c:681:18: warning: ‘rdev’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  net/ipv4/xfrm4_mode_transport.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.o
*  CC [M]  net/ipv4/xfrm4_mode_tunnel.o
*In file included from drivers/message/i2o/config-osm.c:39:0:
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c: In function ‘i2o_cfg_passthru’:
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:881:19: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
*drivers/message/i2o/i2o_config.c:936:10: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/amd8111e.o
*  CC [M]  net/ipv6/icmp.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.o
*  CC [M]  net/ipv6/mcast.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c: In function ‘nmclan_config’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/amd/nmclan_cs.c:625:3: warning: ‘pcmcia_request_exclusive_irq’ is deprecated (declared at include/pcmcia/ds.h:201)
*--
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/chan.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbe/ixgbe_ethtool.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/driver-trace.o
*  CC [M]  net/mac80211/mlme.o
*net/mac80211/mlme.c: In function ‘ieee80211_prep_connection’:
*net/mac80211/mlme.c:3060:19: warning: ‘sta’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/main.o
*  CC [M]  net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_ecache.o
*  CC [M]  net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_h323_main.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.o
*drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c: In function ‘find_entry.clone.7’:
*drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mcg.c:572:6: warning: ‘hash’ may be used uninitialized in this function
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/pcmcia/pcmcia_resource.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_rx.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/pcmcia/cistpl.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.o
*drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c: In function ‘libipw_wx_set_encodeext’:
*drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/libipw_wx.c:526:21: warning: unused variable ‘dev’
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/pcmcia/rsrc_nonstatic.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/pcmcia/yenta_socket.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.o
*drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.c: In function ‘iwlagn_mac_resume’:
*drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-mac80211.c:440:23: warning: unused variable ‘img’
*--
*  CC [M]  drivers/thermal/thermal_sys.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/tty/serial/8250/serial_cs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/iscsi_boot_sysfs.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/scsi/advansys.o
*  CC [M]  drivers/uio/uio.o
*drivers/scsi/advansys.c:71:2: warning: #warning this driver is still not properly converted to the DMA API
*--
*  INSTALL /lib/firmware/kaweth/new_code_fix.bin
*  INSTALL /lib/firmware/kaweth/trigger_code_fix.bin
*  INSTALL /lib/firmware/whiteheat_loader.fw
*  INSTALL /lib/firmware/whiteheat.fw
*  DEPMOD  3.4.0-gentoo
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxnetflt.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxnetflt.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol pv_mmu_ops
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol pv_irq_ops
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol preempt_schedule
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol add_preempt_count
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol sub_preempt_count
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxguest.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol pv_mmu_ops
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol pv_irq_ops
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol preempt_schedule
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol add_preempt_count
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock_irq
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol debug_smp_processor_id
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol sub_preempt_count
*WARNING: /lib/modules/3.4.0-gentoo/misc/vboxdrv.ko needs unknown symbol _raw_spin_unlock
*--
*  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
*  GEN     include/applets.h
*  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/split-include
*scripts/basic/split-include.c: In function ‘main’:
*scripts/basic/split-include.c:134:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  GEN     miscutils/Kbuild
*  GEN     miscutils/Config.in
*  GEN     applets/Kbuild
*  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_choice’:
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c:354:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c: In function ‘conf_askvalue’:
*scripts/kconfig/conf.c:106:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
*  SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/lex.zconf.c
*scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘expr_print_file_helper’:
*scripts/kconfig/expr.c:1083:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c: In function ‘conf_write’:
*scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:492:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/confdata.c:494:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘show_textbox’:
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:839:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c: In function ‘exec_conf’:
*scripts/kconfig/mconf.c:473:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘pipe’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*Additional CFLAGS (EXTRA_CFLAGS) []
* Debugging Options
*Build BusyBox with extra Debugging symbols (DEBUG) [N/y/?] n
*Abort compilation on any warning (WERROR) [N/y/?] n
*--
*  Tab completion (FEATURE_TAB_COMPLETION) [Y/n/?] y
*    Username completion (FEATURE_USERNAME_COMPLETION) [N/y/?] n
*  Fancy shell prompts (FEATURE_EDITING_FANCY_PROMPT) [N/y/?] n
*  Query cursor position from terminal (FEATURE_EDITING_ASK_TERMINAL) [N/y/?] n
*Non-POSIX, but safer, copying to special nodes (FEATURE_NON_POSIX_CP) [Y/n/?] y
*Give more precise messages when copy fails (cp, mv etc) (FEATURE_VERBOSE_CP_MESSAGE) [N/y/?] n
*Copy buffer size, in kilobytes (FEATURE_COPYBUF_KB) [4] 4
*Skip rootfs in mount table (FEATURE_SKIP_ROOTFS) [Y/n/?] y
*Use clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC) syscall (MONOTONIC_SYSCALL) [Y/n/?] y
*Use ioctl names rather than hex values in error messages (IOCTL_HEX2STR_ERROR) [Y/n/?] y
*--
*bbconfig (BBCONFIG) [N/y/?] n
*beep (BEEP) [Y/n/?] y
*  default frequency (FEATURE_BEEP_FREQ) [4000] 4000
*  default length (FEATURE_BEEP_LENGTH_MS) [30] 30
*chat (CHAT) [Y/n/?] y
*  Enable NOFAIL expect strings (FEATURE_CHAT_NOFAIL) [Y/n/?] y
*--
*  SPLIT   include/autoconf.h -> include/config/*
*  HOSTCC  applets/usage
*applets/usage.c:52:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  HOSTCC  applets/applet_tables
*  GEN     include/bbconfigopts.h
*applets/applet_tables.c: In function ‘main’:
*applets/applet_tables.c:151:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  GEN     include/usage_compressed.h
*  GEN     include/applet_tables.h
*  HOSTCC  applets/usage_pod
*applets/usage_pod.c: In function ‘main’:
*applets/usage_pod.c:74:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  DOC     busybox.pod
*  DOC     BusyBox.txt
*  DOC     busybox.1
*  HOSTCC  applets/usage
*--
*  CC      archival/gzip.o
*  LD      archival/libarchive/built-in.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/data_align.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.o
*archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c: In function ‘data_extract_all’:
*archival/libarchive/data_extract_all.c:176:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  LD      console-tools/built-in.o
*  CC      console-tools/chvt.o
*  CC      console-tools/clear.o
*  CC      console-tools/dumpkmap.o
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c: In function ‘dumpkmap_main’:
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:50:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:59:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/dumpkmap.c:72:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      console-tools/fgconsole.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/decompress_unzip.o
*  CC      console-tools/kbd_mode.o
*  CC      console-tools/loadfont.o
*console-tools/loadfont.c: In function ‘setfont_main’:
*console-tools/loadfont.c:404:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*console-tools/loadfont.c:422:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chdir’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  LD      coreutils/built-in.o
*  CC      coreutils/basename.o
*  CC      archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.o
*  CC      coreutils/cat.o
*archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c: In function ‘get_header_tar’:
*archival/libarchive/get_header_tar.c:282:34: warning: array subscript is above array bounds
*--
*  CC      coreutils/rmdir.o
*  CC      coreutils/sleep.o
*  CC      editors/sed.o
*  CC      coreutils/sort.o
*editors/sed.c: In function ‘sed_main’:
*editors/sed.c:1458:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  AR      findutils/lib.a
*  LD      init/built-in.o
*  CC      init/bootchartd.o
*  CC      coreutils/true.o
*init/bootchartd.c: In function ‘finalize’:
*init/bootchartd.c:310:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/ask_confirmation.o
*  LD      loginutils/built-in.o
*  CC      loginutils/chpasswd.o
*  CC      libbb/bb_askpass.o
*loginutils/chpasswd.c: In function ‘chpasswd_main’:
*loginutils/chpasswd.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/bb_bswap_64.o
*  LD      mailutils/built-in.o
*  CC      mailutils/mail.o
*  CC      libbb/bb_do_delay.o
*mailutils/mail.c: In function ‘encode_base64’:
*mailutils/mail.c:159:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      mailutils/makemime.o
*  CC      libbb/bb_pwd.o
*mailutils/makemime.c: In function ‘makemime_main’:
*mailutils/makemime.c:175:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘freopen’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      miscutils/ionice.o
*  CC      libbb/create_icmp6_socket.o
*  CC      libbb/create_icmp_socket.o
*  CC      miscutils/makedevs.o
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c: In function ‘create_icmp_socket’:
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:28:4: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/create_icmp_socket.c:29:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*  CC      libbb/default_error_retval.o
*  CC      miscutils/man.o
*  CC      libbb/device_open.o
*miscutils/man.c: In function ‘run_pipe’:
*miscutils/man.c:122:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      miscutils/microcom.o
*  CC      libbb/dump.o
*miscutils/microcom.c: In function ‘microcom_main’:
*miscutils/microcom.c:152:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*libbb/dump.c: In function ‘display’:
*libbb/dump.c:613:8: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/dump.c:663:5: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/execable.o
*  CC      miscutils/ubi_tools.o
*  CC      libbb/fclose_nonstdin.o
*  CC      libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.o
*libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c: In function ‘fflush_stdout_and_exit’:
*libbb/fflush_stdout_and_exit.c:19:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/loop.o
*  CC      libbb/make_directory.o
*  CC      networking/ftpd.o
*  CC      libbb/makedev.o
*networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘ftpd_main’:
*networking/ftpd.c:1183:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chroot’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*networking/ftpd.c: In function ‘popen_ls’:
*networking/ftpd.c:672:6: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      libbb/platform.o
*  CC      libbb/print_flags.o
*  CC      networking/interface.o
*  CC      libbb/printable.o
*networking/interface.c: In function ‘if_readlist_proc’:
*networking/interface.c:572:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*networking/interface.c:573:2: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fgets_unlocked’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      libbb/printable_string.o
*  CC      libbb/process_escape_sequence.o
*  CC      networking/nbd-client.o
*  CC      libbb/procps.o
*networking/nbd-client.c: In function ‘nbdclient_main’:
*networking/nbd-client.c:133:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘daemon’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      networking/ntpd.o
*networking/ntpd.c: In function ‘ntp_init’:
*networking/ntpd.c:1906:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/read_printf.o
*  CC      networking/tunctl.o
*  CC      libbb/recursive_action.o
*  CC      networking/wget.o
*networking/wget.c: In function ‘open_socket’:
*networking/wget.c:202:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  AR      networking/libiproute/lib.a
*  LD      networking/udhcp/built-in.o
*  CC      networking/udhcp/arpping.o
*  CC      libbb/safe_strncpy.o
*networking/udhcp/arpping.c: In function ‘arpping’:
*networking/udhcp/arpping.c:53:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      libbb/unicode.o
*  CC      networking/udhcp/packet.o
*  CC      libbb/update_passwd.o
*  CC      networking/udhcp/signalpipe.o
*libbb/update_passwd.c: In function ‘update_passwd’:
*libbb/update_passwd.c:138:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fchown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      printutils/lpd.o
*  CC      libbb/warn_ignoring_args.o
*  CC      printutils/lpr.o
*  CC      libbb/wfopen.o
*printutils/lpr.c: In function ‘lpqr_main’:
*printutils/lpr.c:252:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*libbb/wfopen.c: In function ‘xfdopen_helper’:
*libbb/wfopen.c:46:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      procps/pmap.o
*  CC      libbb/xfuncs.o
*  CC      procps/powertop.o
*  CC      libbb/xfuncs_printf.o
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘malloc_or_warn’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:40:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xmalloc’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:49:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xrealloc’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:60:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xstrdup’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:84:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xasprintf’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:302:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘xsetenv’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:309:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c: In function ‘generate_uuid’:
*libbb/xfuncs_printf.c:592:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*--
*  CC      shell/ash_ptr_hack.o
*  CC      shell/math.o
*  LD      util-linux/built-in.o
*  CC      util-linux/acpid.o
*shell/ash.c: In function ‘sprint_status’:
*shell/ash.c:3929:3: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
*--
*  CC      util-linux/hexdump.o
*  CC      util-linux/losetup.o
*  CC      util-linux/lspci.o
*  CC      util-linux/lsusb.o
*  CC      util-linux/mdStart.o
*util-linux/mdStart.c:37:1: warning: no previous prototype for ‘mdstart_main’
*util-linux/mdStart.c: In function ‘mdstart_main’:
*util-linux/mdStart.c:43:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘bb_show_usage’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:48:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘sscanf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:48:6: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘sscanf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:55:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘close’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘printf’
*util-linux/mdStart.c:58:4: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
*  CC      util-linux/mdev.o
*util-linux/mdev.c: In function ‘make_device’:
*util-linux/mdev.c:394:13: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*util-linux/mdev.c:397:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘chown’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*util-linux/mdev.c:401:14: warning: ignoring return value of ‘symlink’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
*  CC      util-linux/mkfs_ext2.o
*compilation terminated.
*--
*  AR      shell/lib.a
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 3.4.34
* -- End log... --

I am not just getting this error in linux-3.4.0-gentoo, but also in kernels that I have already install and working like linux-3.3.5-gentoo.
Does anyone know how to fix this error?
lexflex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

cld71 wrote:

I am not just getting this error in linux-3.4.0-gentoo, but also in kernels that I have already install and working like linux-3.3.5-gentoo.

That looks like the error I had after upgrading/mixing my system...

What does
Code:
gcc-config -l
give?
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

lexflex wrote:
cld71 wrote:

That looks like the error I had after upgrading/mixing my system...

What does
Code:
gcc-config -l
give?

Code:

[1] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.5.3 *
 [2] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-4.6.3
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71,

Try a simple
Code:
make && make modules_install

cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillWho wrote:
cld71,

Try a simple
Code:

It compiled with just warnings, but when installed the kernels fails to start at boot up with a kernel panic.
ryao
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

ryao wrote:
cld71 wrote:
Code:
*--

This is a bug in the kernel. Open /usr/src/linux-3.4.0/drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc_scsi.c in your favorite text editor and delete lines 2386, 2256, 2037 and 1900 in that order. Save the file and recompile. This issue should disappear.

Here is a patch that does this:

https://gist.github.com/2886793
cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: gentoo-sources-3.4.0 errors out doesn't compile Reply with quote

Thanks ryao, but the LPFC_SCSI was the first error.
Now I am getting this "linux/ext2_fs.h: No such file or directory" error.

Code:

*compilation terminated.
*--
*  AR      shell/lib.a
* Gentoo Linux Genkernel; Version 3.4.34
* -- End log... --
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71 wrote:
BillWho wrote:
cld71,

Try a simple
Code:

It compiled with just warnings, but when installed the kernels fails to start at boot up with a kernel panic.

Just trying to determine if the kernel would compile - there's always warning errors.

If you look at the log in your prior post, the error comes after * busybox: >> Compiling...

Now try emerging sys-apps/busybox

cld71
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillWho wrote:
If you look at the log in your prior post, the error comes after * busybox: >> Compiling...

No that didn't work, but I did find this bug.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419511
BillWho
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cld71 wrote:
BillWho wrote:

No that didn't work, but I did find this bug.

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419511

That would certainly explain a heck of a lot.

I'm currently at sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.34. I don't recall having any problems with sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.33.1.

I compiled sys-kernel/git-sources-3.4_rc7 on Jun 2 and according to genlop, I was at genkernel-3.4.33.1. genkernel-3.4.34 dropped in on June 4 :?

Code:
Fri May 18 09:37:22 2012 >>> sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.33.1
Mon Jun  4 21:10:27 2012 >>> sys-kernel/genkernel-3.4.34

I compiled sys-kernel/git-sources-3.5_rc1 yesterday afternoon and all was fine

A bug in gentoo - please say it's not so :D

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: