Stepmania
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John5788
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Stepmania Reply with quote

I am trying to get Stepmania installed on my computer, but I am having major issues.

I first noticed that there is no more ebuild maintained for Stepmania, so I found the 3.9-r2 ebuild and added to local overlay. Upon trying to emerge this, I run into this issue:

Code:

arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In member function ‘int FFMpeg_Helper::DecodePacket()’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:357:13: error: ‘avcodec_decode_video’ is not a member of ‘avcodec’
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In function ‘avcodec::AVStream* FindVideoStream(avcodec::AVFormatContext*)’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:436:39: error: ‘CODEC_TYPE_VIDEO’ is not a member of ‘avcodec’
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In constructor ‘MovieTexture_FFMpeg::MovieTexture_FFMpeg(RageTextureID)’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:471:48: warning: ‘const char* avcodec::avcodec_get_pix_fmt_name(avcodec::PixelFormat)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3775)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:471:106: warning: ‘const char* avcodec::avcodec_get_pix_fmt_name(avcodec::PixelFormat)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:3775)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In function ‘CStdStringA averr_ssprintf(int, const char*, ...)’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:538:7: error: ‘AVERROR_IO’ was not declared in this scope
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:539:7: error: ‘AVERROR_NUMEXPECTED’ was not declared in this scope
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:541:7: error: ‘AVERROR_NOMEM’ was not declared in this scope
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:542:7: error: ‘AVERROR_NOFMT’ was not declared in this scope
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In function ‘void RegisterProtocols()’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:609:2: error: ‘av_register_protocol’ is not a member of ‘avcodec’
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In member function ‘void MovieTexture_FFMpeg::CreateDecoder()’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:616:21: warning: ‘int avcodec::av_open_input_file(avcodec::AVFormatContext**, const char*, avcodec::AVInputFormat*, int, avcodec::AVFormatParameters*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1480)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:616:103: warning: ‘int avcodec::av_open_input_file(avcodec::AVFormatContext**, const char*, avcodec::AVInputFormat*, int, avcodec::AVFormatParameters*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1480)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:620:17: warning: ‘int avcodec::av_find_stream_info(avcodec::AVFormatContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1526)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:620:54: warning: ‘int avcodec::av_find_stream_info(avcodec::AVFormatContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1526)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:637:17: warning: ‘int avcodec::avcodec_open(avcodec::AVCodecContext*, avcodec::AVCodec*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4155)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:637:52: warning: ‘int avcodec::avcodec_open(avcodec::AVCodecContext*, avcodec::AVCodec*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4155)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp: In member function ‘void MovieTexture_FFMpeg::DestroyDecoder()’:
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:673:12: warning: ‘void avcodec::av_close_input_file(avcodec::AVFormatContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1706)
arch/MovieTexture/MovieTexture_FFMpeg.cpp:673:49: warning: ‘void avcodec::av_close_input_file(avcodec::AVFormatContext*)’ is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/libavformat/avformat.h:1706)
make[2]: *** [MovieTexture_FFMpeg.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/work/StepMania-3.9-src/src'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/work/StepMania-3.9-src/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
emake failed
 * ERROR: games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2 failed (compile phase):
 *   died running emake, base_src_make
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2826:  Called games_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1852:  Called base_src_make
 *   environment, line  529:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           emake "$@" || die "died running emake, $FUNCNAME";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'x-portage': '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/work/StepMania-3.9-src'

* Messages for package games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2:

* ERROR: games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2 failed (compile phase):
 *   died running emake, base_src_make
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2826:  Called games_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1852:  Called base_src_make
 *   environment, line  529:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *           emake "$@" || die "died running emake, $FUNCNAME";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'x-portage': '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/games-arcade/stepmania-3.9-r2/work/StepMania-3.9-src'

To me this looks like references to an older FFMPEG which I am not willing to downgrade to.

I tried downloading the binaries from stepmania's website, but I run into issues with libGLEW and glibc being out of date.

I am wondering, is anyone still playing this game? How do they get it to work? Is there a secret ebuild for the newer versions that I do not have?
SnEptUne
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am still able to play stepmania using the cc-overlay:

https://github.com/corec/cc-overlay

It is using version 5.0, but it works fine so far. I can even see the song's video now which had been broken for a while.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: