tc-play - a free TrueCrypt implementation
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: tc-play - a free TrueCrypt implementation Reply with quote

Just found this, wondering if someone already heard of or tried it
Quote:
tcplay is a free (BSD-licensed), pretty much fully featured (including multiple keyfiles, cipher cascades, etc) and stable TrueCrypt implementation.

This implementation supports mapping (opening) both system and normal TrueCrypt volumes, as well as opening hidden volumes and opening an outer volume while protecting a hidden volume. There is also support to create volumes, including hidden volumes, etc.

Since tcplay uses dm-crypt (or dm_target_crypt on DragonFly) it makes full use of any available hardware encryption/decryption support once the volume has been mapped.

It is based solely on the documentation available on the TrueCrypt website, many hours of trial and error and the output of the Linux' TrueCrypt client.

https://github.com/bwalex/tc-play
tclover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also be glad to hear from some people that tried tcplay and, what not, share an ebuild for it. Header restore is in the upcoming feature, I will try tcplay after that because I'd like to get back my data with a broken header.
finn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Ebuilds Reply with quote

Ebuilds can be found in bugreport #432914.
mhogomchungu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tclover wrote:
I will also be glad to hear from some people that tried tcplay and, what not, share an ebuild for it. Header restore is in the upcoming feature, I will try tcplay after that because I'd like to get back my data with a broken header.

As a person who provides a GUI front end[1] to tcplay for creation of new truecrypt volumes and saving a truecrypt header to an external file or restoring a truecrypt header from an external file,i can testify that it works as advertised.

ps:
creation and restoration of truecrypt headers will be in version 2.0 of tcplay,to be released within a week or two.A front end to this feature will also be in zulucrypt 4.6.8,to be released shortly after tcplay 2.0 is released.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/zulucrypt/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: