View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dont Panic
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always built mine with USE="-servicetools".

I can't even remember why, but maybe this is the reason. :)
cykotek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did a re-emerge with that, and it works quite happily, so the problem is obviously to do with the service tools part and it not liking Gentoo.

I'm probably just going to run the printer in raw share, anyway, as all other computers on the network are Windows-based. Let them handle the complicated bits... the Gentoo box is just providing a central place to plug the printer in.

Just hope I can get it working right...
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Cannot merge cnijfilter-3.20-r1 Reply with quote

Comment #109 on 2011-11-10 in Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645 has the latest ebuild for the Canon MP560, including patches for CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x. This used to build and work for me on my ~amd64 multilib installation. This week, after not printing for a couple of weeks, I wanted to print something and nothing printed. I assumed something had changed during the various world updates I have performed over the last few weeks so I attempted to re-merge the cnijfilter-3.20-r1 package (USE="amd64 -servicetools mp560" as usual) and got the following build failure:

Code:
Now type `make' to compile the package.
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter/src'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjferror.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjferror.Tpo -c -o bjferror.o bjferror.c
mv -f .deps/bjferror.Tpo .deps/bjferror.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjfilter.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjfilter.Tpo -c -o bjfilter.o bjfilter.c
mv -f .deps/bjfilter.Tpo .deps/bjfilter.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjfimage.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjfimage.Tpo -c -o bjfimage.o bjfimage.c
bjfimage.c: In function ‘png_image_init’:
bjfimage.c:1589:16: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘png_get_IHDR’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/png.h:2188:1: note: expected ‘png_uint_32 *’ but argument is of type ‘long int *’
bjfimage.c:1589:16: warning: passing argument 4 of ‘png_get_IHDR’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/png.h:2188:1: note: expected ‘png_uint_32 *’ but argument is of type ‘long int *’
bjfimage.c: In function ‘ppm_write_tmpfile’:
bjfimage.c:1838:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘bmp_image_flush’:
bjfimage.c:874:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘ppm_image_flush’:
bjfimage.c:1158:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘bmp_image_read_raster’:
bjfimage.c:803:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c:808:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c:814:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘ppm_image_read_raster’:
bjfimage.c:1105:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c:1108:9: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c:1113:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘bmp_image_open’:
bjfimage.c:609:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘ppm_image_open’:
bjfimage.c:923:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
bjfimage.c: In function ‘png_image_open’:
bjfimage.c:1497:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fread’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mv -f .deps/bjfimage.Tpo .deps/bjfimage.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjfoption.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjfoption.Tpo -c -o bjfoption.o bjfoption.c
bjfoption.c: In function ‘SetCmdOption’:
bjfoption.c:542:2: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘poptGetContext’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/popt.h:261:13: note: expected ‘const char **’ but argument is of type ‘char **’
mv -f .deps/bjfoption.Tpo .deps/bjfoption.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjfpos.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjfpos.Tpo -c -o bjfpos.o bjfpos.c
mv -f .deps/bjfpos.Tpo .deps/bjfpos.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjfrcaccess.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjfrcaccess.Tpo -c -o bjfrcaccess.o bjfrcaccess.c
mv -f .deps/bjfrcaccess.Tpo .deps/bjfrcaccess.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT getipc.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/getipc.Tpo -c -o getipc.o getipc.c
getipc.c: In function ‘GetIPCData’:
getipc.c:66:32: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘accept’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:214:12: note: expected ‘socklen_t * __restrict__’ but argument is of type ‘size_t *’
getipc.c:68:7: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
getipc.c:71:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
getipc.c:82:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
getipc.c:88:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘read’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
mv -f .deps/getipc.Tpo .deps/getipc.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjflist.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjflist.Tpo -c -o bjflist.o bjflist.c
mv -f .deps/bjflist.Tpo .deps/bjflist.Po
gcc  -O2 -L../../360/libs_bin -Wl,-O1,--as-needed -o cif bjferror.o bjfilter.o bjfimage.o bjfoption.o bjfpos.o bjfrcaccess.o getipc.o bjflist.o -lcnbpcmcm360 -lcnbpess360 -lm -ldl -ltiff -lpng -lcnbpcnclapi360 -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360 -lcnbpcnclui360 -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcmcm360.so when searching for -lcnbpcmcm360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcmcm360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpess360.so when searching for -lcnbpess360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpess360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclapi360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclapi360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclapi360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclbjcmd360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclui360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclui360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.5.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclui360
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [cif] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter'
make: *** [all] Error 2
 * ERROR: net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1 failed (compile phase):
 *   Couldn't make mp560/cnijfilter
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   85:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2406:  Called src_compile_pr
 *   environment, line 2420:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       make || die "Couldn't make ${_pr}/cnijfilter";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay named 'local_overlay': '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r1:20120424-094303.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/temp/build.20-r1:20120424-094303.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20'

>>> Failed to emerge net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1, Log file:

>>>  '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r1:20120424-094303.log'
meshedgedx fitzcarraldo #

I re-merged app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps, app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs, app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-compat and app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-gtklibs just in case. But still the build for cnijfilter-3.20-r1 fails in the same place.

This problem looks similar to the 32-bit emulation problems in the early posts at the beginning of this thread, and also mentioned as "linking problems" in the Troubleshooting section of the Canon Pixma Series article in the Gentoo Linux Wiki.

Any ideas what I could try to get this package to build? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: In case it helps, here's the ebuild that produces the above error messages:
Code:
# Copyright 1999-2006 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

# Changelog since last bugzilla upload
#
# 2011-11-10 Rom cnijfilter 3.20 updated Version
#

inherit eutils rpm flag-o-matic multilib

DESCRIPTION="Canon InkJet Printer Driver for Linux (Pixus/Pixma-Series)."
HOMEPAGE="http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/content/EN/0100084101.html"
RESTRICT="nomirror confcache"

SRC_URI="http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0100002367/01/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1.tar.gz"
LICENSE="UNKNOWN" # GPL-2 source and proprietary binaries

#cnijfilter ROM package set name correctly
REAL_PN="cnijfilter"

SLOT="3"
KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64"
IUSE="amd64
        servicetools
        nocupsdetection
        mp250
        mp270
        mp490
        mp550
        mp560
        ip4700
        mp640"
DEPEND="app-text/ghostscript-gpl
        >=net-print/cups-1.1.14
        !amd64? ( sys-libs/glibc
                >=dev-libs/popt-1.6
                >=media-libs/tiff-3.4
                >=media-libs/libpng-1.0.9 )
        amd64? ( >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1
                app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-compat
                app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs )
        servicetools? ( !amd64? ( >=gnome-base/libglade-0.6
                        >=dev-libs/libxml2-2.7.3-r2
                        =x11-libs/gtk+-1.2* )
                amd64? ( >=app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1
                        app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-gtklibs ) )"

# Arrays of supported Printers, there IDs and compatible models
_pruse=("mp250" "mp270" "mp490" "mp550" "mp560" "ip4700" "mp640")
_prname=(${_pruse[@]})
_prid=("356" "357" "358" "359" "360" "361" "362")
_prcomp=("mp250series" "mp270series" "mp490series" "mp550series" "mp560series" "ip4700series" "mp640series")
_max=$((${#_pruse[@]}-1)) # used for iterating through these arrays

###
#   Standard Ebuild-functions
###

pkg_setup() {

if [ -z "$LINGUAS" ]; then    # -z tests to see if the argument is empty
                ewarn "You didn't specify 'LINGUAS' in your make.conf. Assuming"
                ewarn "english localisation, i.e. 'LINGUAS=\"en\"'."
                LINGUAS="en"
        fi

use amd64 && export ABI=x86
        use amd64 && append-flags -L/emul/linux/x86/lib -L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib -L/usr/lib32

_prefix="/usr/local"
        _bindir="/usr/local/bin"
        _libdir="/usr/$(get_libdir)" # either lib or lib32
        _cupsdir1="/usr/lib/cups"
        _cupsdir2="/usr/libexec/cups"
        _ppddir="/usr/share/cups/model"

einfo ""
        einfo " USE-flags       (description / probably compatible printers)"
        einfo ""
        einfo " amd64           (basic support for this architecture - currently without servicetools)"
        einfo " servicetools    (additional monitoring and maintenance software)"
        einfo " nocupsdetection (this is only useful to create binary packages)"
        _autochoose="true"
        for i in `seq 0 ${_max}`; do
                einfo " ${_pruse[$i]}\t${_prcomp[$i]}"
                if (use ${_pruse[$i]}); then
                        _autochoose="false"
                fi
        done
        einfo ""
        if (${_autochoose}); then
                ewarn "You didn't specify any driver model (set it's USE-flag)."
                einfo ""
                einfo "As example:\tbasic MP140 support without maintenance tools"
                einfo "\t\t -> USE=\"mp140\""
                einfo ""
                einfo "Press Ctrl+C to abort"
                echo
                ebeep

n=15
                while [[ $n -gt 0 ]]; do
                        echo -en "  Waiting $n seconds...\r"
                        sleep 1
                        (( n-- ))
                done
        fi
}

src_unpack() {

PN=${REAL_PN}

unpack ${A}
        mv ${PN}-source-${PV}-1 ${P} || die # Correcting directory-structure

einfo "S: ${S}"

cd "${S}"

epatch ${FILESDIR}/bjfimage_libpng15.patch || die
        epatch ${FILESDIR}/use_ppd_header_file.patch || die

}

src_compile() {

cd libs || die
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} || die "Error: libs/autoconf.sh failed"
        make || die "Couldn't make libs"

cd ../backend || die
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-progpath=${_bindir} || die "Error: backend/autoconf.sh failed"
        make || die "Couldn't make backend"

cd ../pstocanonij || die
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --enable-progpath=${_bindir} || die "Error: pstocanonij/autoconf.sh failed"
        make || die "Couldn't make pstocanonij"

if use servicetools; then
                cd ../cngpij || die
                ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} --enable-progpath=${_bindir} || die "Error: cngpij/autoconf.sh failed"
                make || die "Couldn't make cngpij"

cd ../cngpijmon || die
                ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} || die "Error: cngpijmon/autoconf.sh failed"
                make || die "Couldn't make cngpijmon"
        fi

cd ..

if use ${_pruse[$i]} || ${_autochoose}; then
                        _pr=${_prname[$i]} _prid=${_prid[$i]}
                        src_compile_pr;
                fi
        done
}

src_install() {
        mkdir -p ${D}${_bindir} || die
        mkdir -p ${D}${_libdir}/cups/filter || die
        mkdir -p ${D}${_ppddir} || die
        mkdir -p ${D}${_libdir}/cnijlib || die

cd libs || die
        make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install libs"

cd ../backend || die
        make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install backend"

cd ../pstocanonij || die
        make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install pstocanoncnij"

cd ../cngpij || die
                make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install cngpij"

cd ../cngpijmon || die
                make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install cngpijmon"
        fi

cd ..

if use ${_pruse[$i]} || ${_autochoose}; then
                        _pr=${_prname[$i]} _prid=${_prid[$i]}
                        src_install_pr;
                fi
        done

# fix directory structure
        if use nocupsdetection; then
                mkdir -p ${D}${_cupsdir2}/filter || die
                dosym ${_cupsdir1}/filter/pstocanonij ${_cupsdir2}/filter/pstocanonij
        elif has_version ">=net-print/cups-1.2.0"; then
                mkdir -p ${D}${_cupsdir2} || die
                mv ${D}${_cupsdir1}/* ${D}${_cupsdir2} || die
        fi
}

pkg_postinst() {
        einfo ""
        einfo "For installing a printer:"
        einfo " * Restart CUPS: /etc/init.d/cupsd restart"
        einfo " * Go to http://127.0.0.1:631/"
        einfo "   -> Printers -> Add Printer"
        einfo ""
        einfo "If you experience any problems, please visit:"
        einfo " http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3217721.html"
        einfo ""
}

###
#       Custom Helper Functions
###

src_compile_pr()
{
        mkdir ${_pr}
        cp -a ${_prid} ${_pr} || die
        cp -a cnijfilter ${_pr} || die
        cp -a printui ${_pr} || die
        cp -a lgmon ${_pr} || die
#       cp -a stsmon ${_pr} || die

sleep 10
        cd ${_pr}/cnijfilter || die
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} --program-suffix=${_pr} --enable-libpath=${_libdir}/cnijlib --enable-binpath=${_bindir} || die
        make || die "Couldn't make ${_pr}/cnijfilter"

cd ../printui || die
                ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} --program-suffix=${_pr} || die
                make || die "Couldn't make ${_pr}/printui"

cd ../lgmon || die
                ./autogen.sh --program-suffix=${_pr} || die
                make || die "Couldn't make ${_pr}/lgmon"

#               cd ../stsmon || die
#               ./autogen.sh --prefix=${_prefix} --program-suffix=${_pr} --enable-progpath=${_bindir} || die
#               make || die "Couldn't make ${_pr}/stsmon"
        fi

cd ../..
}

src_install_pr()
{
        cd ${_pr}/cnijfilter || die
        make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install ${_pr}/cnijfilter"

cd ../printui || die
                make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install ${_pr}/printui"

cd ../lgmon || die
                make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install ${_pr}/lgmon"

#               cd ../stsmon || die
#               make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "Couldn't make install ${_pr}/stsmon"
        fi

cd ../..
        cp -a ${_prid}/libs_bin/* ${D}${_libdir} || die
        cp -a ${_prid}/database/* ${D}${_libdir}/cnijlib || die
        cp -a ppd/canon${_pr}.ppd ${D}${_ppddir} || die
}

I've had a look at the Arch Specific Notes -- AMD64/EM64T in the Gentoo Development Guide, but it's beyond me.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Canon MP560 Reply with quote

No ~amd64 multilib users with a Canon MP560 out there? :(

Since my previous post I've been trying all sorts of hacks to that cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild and to Canon's source code to get the ebuild to work, all to no avail. It does build on an x86 installation but not on an ~amd64 multilib installation.

This is one area where Windows beats Linux hands down. It's galling having to boot into Windows just to use my printer, especially since it used to work with Gentoo before recent updates. :evil:

Actually, the situation with the cnijfilter ebuilds is a mess. Gentoo developer Pacho Ramos' comment is an understatement. Over the years different people have taken Colin Kiegel's (ColinK) original ebuild and hacked it for different printer models. Without anyone controlling it, the number of different versions of the cnijfilter ebuild has increased when probably much of the model-specific code in them (which does not seem to be much, actually) could have been made conditional in a single, bigger ebuild. God help anyone who tries to rationalise/consolidate them. I doubt it will ever happen, it's just too messy.

Anyway, in despair I threw in the towel with the cnijfilter ebuild for ~amd64 and decided instead to hack the gutenprint-5.2.7-r1 ebuild to use Gutenprint's 5.2.8_pre1 source code released on 27 December last year. I'm no expert in ebuilds, but the hacked ebuild in my local overlay is reproduced below in case it helps anyone until a proper ebuild eventually gets into the Portage main tree. I couldn't get two of the three patches used in the 5.2.7-r1 ebuild to work with 5.2.8_pre1 (gutenprint-5.2.7-genppd.patch and gutenprint-5.2.7-stdio.patch) so I've commented them out. The package builds, and I was able to print a CUPS Test Page and a LibreOffice Writer document, but I have not tried anything else yet. Whichever paper tray I select in the CUPS Manager, the printer only wants to print using paper from the rear tray. Argghh. Anyway, here's the hacked gutenprint ebuild in case it helps someone avoid the two days of effort I've wasted trying to get the cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild working. :roll:

Code:
$ cat /usr/local/portage/net-print/gutenprint/gutenprint-5.2.8_pre1.ebuild
# Copyright 1999-2012 Gentoo Foundation

# Hacked gutenprint-5.2.7-r1.ebuild on 2012-04-27 to enable me to install 5.2.8_pre1 source code

EAPI=4

inherit eutils multilib autotools

DESCRIPTION="Ghostscript and cups printer drivers"
HOMEPAGE="http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net"
#SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/gimp-print/${P}.tar.bz2"
SRC_URI="http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/gutenprint-5.2/5.2.8-pre1/gutenprint-5.2.8-pre1.tar.bz2"
S="${WORKDIR}/gutenprint-5.2.8-pre1"

LICENSE="GPL-2"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 ~arm hppa ia64 ppc ~ppc64 sparc x86"
IUSE="cups foomaticdb gimp gtk nls readline ppds static-libs"

RDEPEND="app-text/ghostscript-gpl
        dev-lang/perl
        sys-libs/readline
        cups? ( >=net-print/cups-1.1.14 )
        foomaticdb? ( net-print/foomatic-db-engine )
        gimp? ( >=media-gfx/gimp-2.2 x11-libs/gtk+:2 )
        gtk? ( x11-libs/gtk+:2 )
        nls? ( virtual/libintl )"
DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
        gtk? ( dev-util/pkgconfig )
        nls? ( sys-devel/gettext )"

RESTRICT="test"

DOCS=( AUTHORS ChangeLog NEWS README doc/gutenprint-users-manual.{pdf,odt} )

src_prepare() {
        epatch "${FILESDIR}"/gutenprint-5.2.4-CFLAGS.patch
#       epatch "${FILESDIR}"/gutenprint-5.2.7-genppd.patch # bug 382927
#       epatch "${FILESDIR}"/gutenprint-5.2.7-stdio.patch # bug 385037
        sed -i -e "s:m4local:m4extra:" Makefile.am || die

eautoreconf
}

src_configure() {
        if use cups && use ppds; then
                myconf="${myconf} --enable-cups-ppds --enable-cups-level3-ppds"
        else
                myconf="${myconf} --disable-cups-ppds"
        fi

if use gtk || use gimp; then
                myconf="${myconf} --enable-libgutenprintui2"
        else
                myconf="${myconf} --disable-libgutenprintui2"
        fi

use foomaticdb \
                && myconf="${myconf} --with-foomatic3" \
                || myconf="${myconf} --without-foomatic"

econf \
                --enable-test \
                --with-ghostscript \
                --disable-translated-cups-ppds \
                $(use_with gimp gimp2) \
                $(use_with gimp gimp2-as-gutenprint) \
                $(use_with cups) \
                $(use_enable nls) \
                $(use_with readline) \
                $(use_enable static-libs static) \
                ${myconf}
}

src_install() {

dohtml doc/FAQ.html
        dohtml -r doc/gutenprintui2/html
        rm -fR "${D}"/usr/share/gutenprint/doc
        if ! use gtk && ! use gimp; then
                rm -f "${D}"/usr/$(get_libdir)/pkgconfig/gutenprintui2.pc
                rm -rf "${D}"/usr/include/gutenprintui2
        fi

find "${D}" -name '*.la' -exec rm -f '{}' +
}

pkg_postinst() {
        if [ "${ROOT}" == "/" ] && [ -x /usr/sbin/cups-genppdupdate ]; then
                elog "Updating installed printer ppd files"
                elog $(/usr/sbin/cups-genppdupdate)
        else
                elog "You need to update installed ppds manually using cups-genppdupdate"
        fi
}

EDIT (Fri Apr 27 17:10:02 BST 2012): I have now printed on my MP560 a multi-page double-sided document from Word 2007 under WINE and can confirm that the Gutenprint 5.2.8_pre1 driver produces a good result. However, the printing is much slower than the Canon driver installed using the cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild (and, as I mentioned previously, the Gutenprint driver for some reason cannot make the printer use the paper Cassette instead of the rear tray). Still, at least I can print again.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon MP560 Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
No ~amd64 multilib users with a Canon MP560 out there? :(

Since my previous post I've been trying all sorts of hacks to that cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild and to Canon's source code to get the ebuild to work, all to no avail. It does build on an x86 installation but not on an ~amd64 multilib installation.

Hi.
I run it, but i use cnijfilter-3.20-r3 and connect to the MP560 over wifi.
This has worked brilliant since 2010.
Regards // Jallee
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon MP560 Reply with quote

Jallee wrote:
I run it, but i use cnijfilter-3.20-r3 and connect to the MP560 over wifi.
This has worked brilliant since 2010.
Regards // Jallee

Thanks for replying. Yes, I was using cnijfilter-3.20-r3 on a ~x86 installation and on a ~amd64 multilib installtion last year (What to do if CUPS does not recognise MP560 as a printer) but, if I recall correctly, that ebuild didn't use patches for CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x. The newer ebuild cnijfilter-3.20-r1 (lower release number: go figure!) in Comment #109 in Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645 includes patches for CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x and supposedly works for ~amd64 multilib. Except it doesn't for me (see the "skipping incompatible" error messages in my penultimate post). I do still have a copy of the cnijfilter-3.20-r3 ebuild that used to work for me a year ago, but that doesn't build any more either on my ~amd64 installation. Could you please either post a link to the ebuild you're using or post the ebuild itself? Are you using CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x in ~amd64 multilib? Or have you stuck to CUPS 1.4.8?

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon MP560 Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:

Thanks for replying. Yes, I was using cnijfilter-3.20-r3 on a ~x86 installation and on a ~amd64 multilib installtion last year (What to do if CUPS does not recognise MP560 as a printer) but, if I recall correctly, that ebuild didn't use patches for CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x. The newer ebuild cnijfilter-3.20-r1 (lower release number: go figure!) in Comment #109 in Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645 includes patches for CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x and supposedly works for ~amd64 multilib. Except it doesn't for me (see the "skipping incompatible" error messages in my penultimate post). I do still have a copy of the cnijfilter-3.20-r3 ebuild that used to work for me a year ago, but that doesn't build any more either on my ~amd64 installation. Could you please either post a link to the ebuild you're using or post the ebuild itself? Are you using CUPS 1.5.x and libpng 1.5.x in ~amd64 multilib? Or have you stuck to CUPS 1.4.8?

Well i using net-print/cups-1.5.2-r20 and media-libs/libpng-1.5.10. Newer needed to pach anything to get it to work. :)
Regards // Jallee
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Sounds promising. Would you please post the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild that you are using, so that I can compare it with the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild that l was using? Just because they have the same file name does not guarantee they are identical.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
^Sounds promising. Would you please post the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild that you are using, so that I can compare it with the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild that l was using? Just because they have the same file name does not guarantee they are identical.

Sorry.. i missed to attach the link: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6468124.html#6468124
// Jallee
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jallee,

emul-linux-x86-bjdeps was already installed:
Code:
meshedgedx fitzcarraldo # eix -I bjdeps
[I] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0.1-r2 (~)0.1-r3
     Installed versions:  0.1-r3(11:42:21 24/04/12)
     Homepage:            http://rpm5.org/
     Description:         32bit nls-disabled dev-libs/popt-1.13

[1] "local_overlay" /usr/local/portage

but I reinstalled it anyway:
Code:
meshedgedx fitzcarraldo # eix -I bjdeps
[I] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps [1]
     Available versions:  (~)0.1-r2 (~)0.1-r3
     Installed versions:  0.1-r3(19:56:49 28/04/12)
     Homepage:            http://rpm5.org/
     Description:         32bit nls-disabled dev-libs/popt-1.13

[1] "local_overlay" /usr/local/portage

I downloaded the cnijfilter-3.20-r3 ebuild from the link you gave in your October 2010 post, but it does not work:

Code:
meshedgedx fitzcarraldo # cp Downloads/cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild /usr/local/portage/net-print/cnijfilter/
meshedgedx fitzcarraldo # cd /usr/local/portage/net-print/cnijfilter/
meshedgedx cnijfilter # ebuild cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild manifest
>>> Creating Manifest for /usr/local/portage/net-print/cnijfilter
meshedgedx cnijfilter # USE="mp560 amd64 -servicetools -nocupsdetection" emerge -1v =cnijfilter-3.20-r3

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3::local_overlay  USE="(amd64) mp560 -ip4700 -mp250 -mp270 -mp490 -mp550 -mp640 -nocupsdetection -servicetools" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3 from local_overlay
 * cnijfilter-source-3.20-1.tar.gz RMD160 SHA1 SHA256 size ;-) ...                                                                                                                                                                          [ ok ]
 *  USE-flags       (description / probably compatible printers)
 *  amd64           (basic support for this architecture - currently without servicetools)
 *  servicetools    (additional monitoring and maintenance software)
 *  nocupsdetection (this is only useful to create binary packages)
 *  mp250       mp250series
 *  mp270       mp270series
 *  mp490       mp490series
 *  mp550       mp550series
 *  mp560       mp560series
 *  ip4700      ip4700series
 *  mp640       mp640series
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking cnijfilter-source-3.20-1.tar.gz to /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work
>>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20 ...
processing .
Running libtoolize...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to `aclocal.m4':
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.in and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
Running aclocal  ...
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in:11: installing `./config.guess'
configure.in:11: installing `./config.sub'
configure.in:2: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in:2: installing `./missing'
buftool/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING' using GNU General Public License v3 file
Makefile.am:     Consider adding the COPYING file to the version control system
Makefile.am:     for your code, to avoid questions about which license your project uses.
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --prefix=/usr/local ...
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking vfork.h usability... no
checking vfork.h presence... no
checking for vfork.h... no
checking for fork... yes
checking for vfork... yes
checking for working fork... yes
checking for working vfork... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for dup2... yes
checking for memset... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating buftool/Makefile
config.status: creating paramlist/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
Now type `make' to compile buftool
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs'
Making all in paramlist
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs/paramlist'
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -O2 -Wall -O2 -MT paramlist.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/paramlist.Tpo -c -o paramlist.lo paramlist.c
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -O2 -Wall -O2 -MT paramlist.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/paramlist.Tpo -c paramlist.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/paramlist.o
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -O2 -Wall -O2 -MT paramlist.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/paramlist.Tpo -c paramlist.c -o paramlist.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/paramlist.Tpo .deps/paramlist.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -O2 -Wall -O2  -Wl,-O1,--as-needed -o libparamlist.la  paramlist.lo 
libtool: link: ar cru .libs/libparamlist.a .libs/paramlist.o
libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libparamlist.a
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libparamlist.la" && ln -s "../libparamlist.la" "libparamlist.la" )
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs/paramlist'
Making all in buftool
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs/buftool'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -O2 -MT buftool.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/buftool.Tpo -c -o buftool.o buftool.c
mv -f .deps/buftool.Tpo .deps/buftool.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -O2 -MT buflist.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/buflist.Tpo -c -o buflist.o buflist.c
mv -f .deps/buflist.Tpo .deps/buflist.Po
rm -f libbuftool.a
ar cru libbuftool.a buftool.o buflist.o
ranlib libbuftool.a
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs/buftool'
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/libs'
processing .
Running libtoolize...
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in `.'.
libtoolize: copying file `./ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: You should add the contents of the following files to `aclocal.m4':
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize:   `/usr/share/aclocal/lt~obsolete.m4'
libtoolize: Consider adding `AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR([m4])' to configure.in and
libtoolize: rerunning libtoolize, to keep the correct libtool macros in-tree.
libtoolize: Consider adding `-I m4' to ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in Makefile.am.
Running aclocal  ...
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_LIBREISERFS
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/progsreiserfs.m4:13:   or see http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
Running autoheader...
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader-2.68:
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template without
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader-2.68:
autoheader-2.68: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader-2.68:                [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader-2.68:
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
autoheader-2.68: WARNING: documentation.
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in:19: installing `./config.guess'
configure.in:19: installing `./config.sub'
configure.in:2: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in:2: installing `./missing'
src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
src/Makefile.am:10: `CFLAGS' is a user variable, you should not override it;
src/Makefile.am:10: use `AM_CFLAGS' instead.
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-progpath=/usr/local/bin ...
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for C++ compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... yes
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking how to print strings... printf
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu format... func_convert_file_noop
checking how to convert x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu file names to toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
checking for /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for dlltool... no
checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
checking for ar... ar
checking for archiver @FILE support... @
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for sysroot... no
checking for mt... no
checking if : is a manifest tool... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for main in -lcups... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking fcntl.h usability... yes
checking fcntl.h presence... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking netdb.h usability... yes
checking netdb.h presence... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking vfork.h usability... no
checking vfork.h presence... no
checking for vfork.h... no
checking for fork... yes
checking for vfork... yes
checking for working fork... yes
checking for working vfork... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking for memset... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strrchr... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: executing depfiles commands
config.status: executing libtool commands
Now type `make' to compile
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/backend'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/backend/src'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..     -O2 -Wall -MT cnij_backend_common.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/cnij_backend_common.Tpo -c -o cnij_backend_common.o cnij_backend_common.c
cnij_backend_common.c: In function ‘make_lgmon_command’:
cnij_backend_common.c:161:2: error: ‘ppd_file_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cnij_backend_common.c:161:2: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
cnij_backend_common.c:161:14: error: ‘p_ppd’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cnij_backend_common.c:165:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ppdOpenFile’
cnij_backend_common.c:170:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘ppdClose’
cnij_backend_common.c: In function ‘get_model_name’:
cnij_backend_common.c:215:2: error: ‘ppd_file_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cnij_backend_common.c:215:14: error: ‘p_file’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cnij_backend_common.c: In function ‘check_options’:
cnij_backend_common.c:464:10: warning: ignoring return value of ‘fwrite’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make[2]: *** [cnij_backend_common.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/backend/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/backend'
 * ERROR: net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3 failed (compile phase):
 *   Couldn't make backend
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  85:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 2383:  Called die
 *       make || die "Couldn't make backend";
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r3:20120428-190020.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/temp/build.20-r3:20120428-190020.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20/backend'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3/work/cnijfilter-3.20'

>>> Failed to emerge net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3, Log file:

>>>  '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r3:20120428-190020.log'
meshedgedx cnijfilter #

Looks to me like the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild you installed back in October 2010 does not cater for CUPS 1.5.x (see the patch file use_ppd_header_file.patch that is applied in the newer cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild of November 2011 in Comment #109 in Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645). Have you by any chance tried re-installing within the last couple of days that cnijfilter-3.20-r3 from 2010, to see if it still builds? I would be surprised if it built. (By the way, the attachment in Comment #109 is a tarball containing the ebuild plus the patch files, something that the person posting Comment #110 clearly didn't realise.)

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
Jallee,

Looks to me like the cnijfilter-3.20-r3.ebuild you installed back in October 2010 does not cater for CUPS 1.5.x (see the patch file use_ppd_header_file.patch that is applied in the newer cnijfilter-3.20-r1 ebuild of November 2011 in Comment #109 in Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645). Have you by any chance tried re-installing within the last couple of days that cnijfilter-3.20-r3 from 2010, to see if it still builds? I would be surprised if it built. (By the way, the attachment in Comment #109 is a tarball containing the ebuild plus the patch files, something that the person posting Comment #110 clearly didn't realise.)

You have quite right. Tried to rebuild it but no luck so i downloaded https://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=292163 unpacked it and moved it to my local overlay, and did this. :twisted:

Code:

# emerge -avC net-print/cnijfilter
 * This action can remove important packages! In order to be safer, use
 * `emerge -pv --depclean <atom>` to check for reverse dependencies before
 * removing packages.

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

net-print/cnijfilter
    selected: 3.20-r3
   protected: none
     omitted: none

All selected packages: net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3

>>> 'Selected' packages are slated for removal.
>>> 'Protected' and 'omitted' packages will not be removed.

Would you like to unmerge these packages? [Yes/No] yes
>>> Waiting 5 seconds before starting...
>>> (Control-C to abort)...
>>> Unmerging in:  5 4 3 2 1
>>> Unmerging net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r3...

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
zotac-quad cnijfilter-rom # emerge -av cnijfilter-rom

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1::zotac-quad-echo-zotac-quad  USE="(amd64) mp560 -ip4700 -mp250 -mp270 -mp490 -mp550 -mp640 -nocupsdetection -servicetools" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]
>>> Verifying ebuild manifests
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1 from zotac-quad-echo-zotac-quad
>>> Installing (1 of 1) net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1
>>> Recording net-print/cnijfilter-rom in "world" favorites file...
>>> Jobs: 1 of 1 complete                           Load avg: 0.71, 0.55, 0.71

* Messages for package net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1:

* Package:    net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1
 * Repository: zotac-quad-echo-zotac-quad
 * USE:        amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux mp560 multilib userland_GNU
 * FEATURES:   preserve-libs sandbox
 * Package:    net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1
 * Repository: zotac-quad-echo-zotac-quad
 * USE:        amd64 elibc_glibc kernel_linux mp560 multilib userland_GNU
 * FEATURES:   preserve-libs sandbox
 *  USE-flags       (description / probably compatible printers)
 *  amd64           (basic support for this architecture - currently without servicetools)
 *  servicetools    (additional monitoring and maintenance software)
 *  nocupsdetection (this is only useful to create binary packages)
 *  mp250   mp250series
 *  mp270   mp270series
 *  mp490   mp490series
 *  mp550   mp550series
 *  mp560   mp560series
 *  ip4700   ip4700series
 *  mp640   mp640series
 * S: /var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-rom-3.20
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *   bjfimage_libpng15.patch ...
 *   use_ppd_header_file.patch ...
 * Done with patching
 * For installing a printer:
 *  * Restart CUPS: /etc/init.d/cupsd restart
 *  * Go to http://127.0.0.1:631/
 *    -> Printers -> Add Printer
 * If you experience any problems, please visit:
 *  http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3217721.html
>>> Auto-cleaning packages...

>>> No outdated packages were found on your system.

* GNU info directory index is up-to-date.

Tanks for the tip of the ebuild, that saved me some time. :)
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jallee, I knew it!

But the question remains, how come cnijfilter-3.20-r1 builds on your machine but not on mine. I wonder if it's because of the version of GCC or glibc? My machine has gcc-4.5.3-r2 and glibc-2.15-r1 installed. What versions are installed on your machine?

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
Jallee, I knew it!

But the question remains, how come cnijfilter-3.20-r1 builds on your machine but not on mine. I wonder if it's because of the version of GCC or glibc? My machine has gcc-4.5.3-r2 and glibc-2.15-r1 installed. What versions are installed on your machine?

Maybe, I got gcc-4.6.2-r1 and glibc-2.13-r4.
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jallee, I don't see a gcc-4.6.2-r1 in Portage, only a 4.6.2 at the moment: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-devel/gcc

Anyway, I'll bet that's it. When I get the time I'm going to unmask gcc-4.6.x and upgrade to gcc- 4.6.2 and then have another go at installing cnijfilter-3.20-r1. I have been waiting for an excuse to upgrade GCC for a while, actually, as 4.5.3-r2 is not making full use of my Core i7 CPU.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Jallee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
Jallee, I don't see a gcc-4.6.2-r1 in Portage, only a 4.6.2 at the moment: http://packages.gentoo.org/package/sys-devel/gcc

Anyway, I'll bet that's it. When I get the time I'm going to unmask gcc-4.6.x and upgrade to gcc- 4.6.2 and then have another go at installing cnijfilter-3.20-r1. I have been waiting for an excuse to upgrade GCC for a while, actually, as 4.5.3-r2 is not making full use of my Core i7 CPU.

Ok. :)
What are the error message when you emerge net-print/cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1?
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jallee, the error messages are the same as I posted in my post of April 24 2012 in this thread. That's because cnijfilter-3.20-r1.ebuild listed in that post is essentially the same as cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1.ebuild. The only differences between cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1.ebuild and cnijfilter-3.20-r1.ebuild in my post of April 24 2012 are:

cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1.ebuild has:
Code:
SLOT="2"
EPATCH_SOURCE=${FILESDIR} EPATCH_SUFFIX="patch" \
EPATCH_FORCE="yes" epatch

cnijfilter-3.20-r1.ebuild has:
Code:
SLOT="3"
epatch ${FILESDIR}/bjfimage_libpng15.patch || die
epatch ${FILESDIR}/use_ppd_header_file.patch || die

The only reason for me making the above changes is to enable me to have both cnijfilter-2.70-r3 (MP510) and cnijfilter-3.20-r1 (MP560) installed simultaneously on my machine. I had both packages installed (well, cnijfilter-2.70-r3 and cnijfilter-3.20-r1's predecessor cnijfilter-3.20-r3) before recent world updates on my machine stopped them working. The ebuild for my Canon MP510 was in Slot 2 and the ebuild for my Canon MP560 was in Slot 3. This worked perfectly. The reason I had to change the two patching lines shown above is because the cnijfilter-2.70-r3 ebuild also has its own patch files in the cnijfilter/files/ directory, and the original two lines in cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1 would try to apply those too. Robert Metzler, the guy who uploaded cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1.ebuild and patch files associated with it, assumed that the cnijfilter/files/ directory would only contain patches to be used by cnijfilter-rom-3.20-r1.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I upgraded to GCC 4.6.3 (and rebuilt glibc 2.15-r1) but still cannot build cnijfilter-3.20-r1. :evil: I still get the same error messages as before:
Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcmcm360.so when searching for -lcnbpcmcm360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcmcm360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpess360.so when searching for -lcnbpess360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpess360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclapi360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclapi360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclapi360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclbjcmd360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../360/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclui360.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclui360
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclui360

Anyone have any ideas?

Fitzcarraldo's blog
liucougar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace the following 2 lines in ebuild:
Code:
        use amd64 && export ABI=x86
        use amd64 && append-flags -L/emul/linux/x86/lib -L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib -L/usr/lib32

with
Code:
use amd64 && multilib_toolchain_setup x86

and then cnijfilter-3.20-r1 can be recompiled

(you also need the 3 patches listed at https://github.com/xconstruct/pkgbuilds/tree/master/cnijfilter-mg5200 )
Fly Together Forever
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply, liucougar, but the build still fails with "skipping incompatible" errors, albeit now with libpopt.so instead:
Code:
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m32  -O2 -L../../360/libs_bin -Wl,-O1,--as-needed -o cif bjferror.o bjfilter.o bjfimage.o bjfoption.o bjfpos.o bjfrcaccess.o getipc.o bjflist.o -lcnbpcmcm360 -lcnbpess360 -lm -ldl -ltiff -lpng -lcnbpcnclapi360 -lcnbpcnclbjcmd360 -lcnbpcnclui360 -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../lib32/libpopt.so when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../lib32/libpopt.a when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib32/libpopt.so when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib32/libpopt.a when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../libpopt.so when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../libpopt.a when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib32/libpopt.so when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib32/libpopt.a when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpopt.so when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libpopt.a when searching for -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lpopt
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter'
 * ERROR: net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1 failed (compile phase):
 *   Couldn't make mp560/cnijfilter
 * Call stack:
 *   environment, line 2414:  Called src_compile_pr
 *   environment, line 2428:  Called die
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1'.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r1:20120507-182515.log'.
 * For convenience, a symlink to the build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/temp/build.20-r1:20120507-182515.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20/mp560/cnijfilter'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1/work/cnijfilter-3.20'

>>> Failed to emerge net-print/cnijfilter-3.20-r1, Log file:

>>>  '/var/lib/portage/logs/net-print:cnijfilter-3.20-r1:20120507-182515.log'
meshedgedx cnijfilter #

I created the three patch files you specified:

include_cups_ppd_h.patch
Code:
diff -crb old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/backend/src/cnij_backend_common.c new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/backend/src/cnij_backend_common.c
*** old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/backend/src/cnij_backend_common.c   2009-05-27 06:46:41.000000000 +0100
--- new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/backend/src/cnij_backend_common.c   2012-05-07 18:26:02.159019411 +0100
*** 38,43 ****
--- 38,44 ----
  // CUPS Header
  #include <cups/cups.h>
  #include <cups/ipp.h>
+ #include <cups/ppd.h>

// Header file for CANON
  #include "cnij_backend_common.h"
diff -crb old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/src/bjcupsmon_cups.c new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/src/bjcupsmon_cups.c
*** old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/src/bjcupsmon_cups.c   2009-04-24 07:12:49.000000000 +0100
--- new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/src/bjcupsmon_cups.c   2012-05-07 18:27:35.336019312 +0100
*** 20,25 ****
--- 20,26 ----
  /*** Includes ***/
  #include <cups/cups.h>
  #include <cups/language.h>
+ #include <cups/ppd.h>
  #include <sys/types.h>
  #include <unistd.h>
  #include <pwd.h>

ldl.patch
Code:
diff -crb old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/cnijnpr/cnijnpr/Makefile.am new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/cnijnpr/cnijnpr/Makefile.am
*** old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/cnijnpr/cnijnpr/Makefile.am   2009-04-24 07:12:49.000000000 +0100
--- new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cngpijmon/cnijnpr/cnijnpr/Makefile.am   2012-05-07 19:05:32.308016869 +0100
*** 5,11 ****
  cnijnpr_SOURCES=\
     cnijnpr.c

! cnijnpr_LDADD = -lcnnet -lbscc2sts
  cnijnpr_LDFLAGS = -L../../../com/libs_bin -L../../../lgmon/src

#AM_CFLAGS= -O2 -Wall
--- 5,11 ----
  cnijnpr_SOURCES=\
     cnijnpr.c

! cnijnpr_LDADD = -lcnnet -lbscc2sts -ldl
  cnijnpr_LDFLAGS = -L../../../com/libs_bin -L../../../lgmon/src

#AM_CFLAGS= -O2 -Wall

libpng15.patch
Code:
diff -crb old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cnijfilter/src/bjfimage.c new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cnijfilter/src/bjfimage.c
*** old/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cnijfilter/src/bjfimage.c   2009-03-26 05:11:05.000000000 +0000
--- new/cnijfilter-source-3.20-1/cnijfilter/src/bjfimage.c   2012-05-07 19:11:24.387016491 +0100
*** 945,952 ****
     short         tmpformat;
     short         retbyte = 0;
     short         bpp = 3;
!    long         width = 0;
!    long         length = 0;
     long         maxvalue = 0;
     long         rstep = 0;
     long         RasterLength = 0;
--- 945,952 ----
     short         tmpformat;
     short         retbyte = 0;
     short         bpp = 3;
!    png_uint_32      width = 0;
!    png_uint_32      length = 0;
     long         maxvalue = 0;
     long         rstep = 0;
     long         RasterLength = 0;
*** 1574,1580 ****
        goto onErr;
     }

!    if (setjmp (png_p->jmpbuf))
     {
        png_destroy_read_struct(&png_p, &info_p, (png_infopp)NULL);
        goto onErr;
--- 1574,1580 ----
        goto onErr;
     }

!    if (setjmp (png_jmpbuf(png_p)))
     {
        png_destroy_read_struct(&png_p, &info_p, (png_infopp)NULL);
        goto onErr;

and cnijfilter-3.20-r1.ebuild now contains:
Code:
#   use amd64 && export ABI=x86
#   use amd64 && append-flags -L/emul/linux/x86/lib -L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib -L/usr/lib32

and:
Code:
   epatch ${FILESDIR}/include_cups_ppd_h.patch || die
   epatch ${FILESDIR}/ldl.patch || die
   epatch ${FILESDIR}/libpng15.patch || die

Any other ideas?

Fitzcarraldo's blog
liucougar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to re-emerge app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps
Fly Together Forever
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the first thing I tried, but it didn't make a difference. The error message when merging cnijfilter-3.20-r1 is still the same. Mind you, could you please post your emul-linux-x86-bjdeps ebuild? Perhaps it's different to the one I'm using, which I show below:
Code:
$ cat /usr/local/portage/app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1-r3.ebuild

inherit libtool eutils flag-o-matic autotools multilib

DESCRIPTION="32bit nls-disabled dev-libs/popt-1.16"
HOMEPAGE="http://rpm5.org/"
SRC_URI="http://rpm5.org/files/popt/popt-1.16.tar.gz"
RESTRICT="confcache"

WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.6"

LICENSE="as-is"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64"
DEPEND=""
RDEPEND=""

pkg_setup() {
        export ABI=x86
}

src_unpack() {
        unpack ${A}

cd ${WORKDIR}
        mkdir ${P} # this way portage won't complain about missing directories

cd "${WORKDIR}/popt-1.16" || die
        epatch "${FILESDIR}"/fix-popt-pkgconfig-libdir.patch
}

src_compile() {
        econf "--libdir=/usr/lib32" || die "configure failed"
        emake || die "emake failed"
}

src_install() {
        emake install DESTDIR="${D}" || die
        # Don't install anything except the library itself
        rm -Rv ${D}/usr/share || die
        rm -Rv ${D}/usr/include || die
}

I also tried an earlier version (see below), but that doesn't change the error message when trying to build cnijfilter-3.20-r1 either.
Code:
$ cat /usr/local/portage/app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps/emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1-r2.ebuild

inherit libtool eutils flag-o-matic autotools multilib

DESCRIPTION="32bit nls-disabled dev-libs/popt-1.13"
HOMEPAGE="http://rpm5.org/"
SRC_URI="http://rpm5.org/files/popt/popt-1.13.tar.gz"
RESTRICT="confcache"

WANT_AUTOMAKE="1.6"

LICENSE="as-is"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~amd64"
DEPEND=""
RDEPEND=""

pkg_setup() {
        export ABI=x86
}

src_unpack() {
        unpack ${A}

cd ${WORKDIR}
        mkdir ${P} # this way portage won't complain about missing directories

cd "${WORKDIR}/popt-1.13" || die
        epatch "${FILESDIR}"/popt-1.12-scrub-lame-gettext.patch
}

src_compile() {
        econf "--libdir=/usr/lib32" || die "configure failed"
        emake || die "emake failed"
}

src_install() {
        emake install DESTDIR="${D}" || die
        # Don't install anything except the library itself
        rm -Rv ${D}/usr/share || die
        rm -Rv ${D}/usr/include || die
}

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Small_Penguin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I encountered the same problem with cnijfilter-2.70-r3:

Code:
getipc.c:67:32: warning: passing argument 3 of 'accept' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:214:12: note: expected 'socklen_t * __restrict__' but argument is of type 'size_t *'
getipc.c:69:7: warning: ignoring return value of 'read', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
getipc.c:72:8: warning: ignoring return value of 'read', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
getipc.c:83:8: warning: ignoring return value of 'read', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
getipc.c:89:8: warning: ignoring return value of 'read', declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
mv -f .deps/getipc.Tpo .deps/getipc.Po
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include/cncl -I../include/misc    -O2 -MT bjflist.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/bjflist.Tpo -c -o bjflist.o bjflist.c
mv -f .deps/bjflist.Tpo .deps/bjflist.Po
gcc  -O2 -L../../294/libs_bin -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--hash-style=gnu -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,-z,now -o cif bjferror.o bjfilter.o bjfimage.o bjfoption.o bjfpos.o bjfrcaccess.o getipc.o bjflist.o -lcnbpcmcm294 -lcnbpess294 -lm -ldl -ltiff -lpng -lcnbpcnclapi294 -lcnbpcnclbjcmd294 -lcnbpcnclui294 -lpopt
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../294/libs_bin/libcnbpcmcm294.so when searching for -lcnbpcmcm294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcmcm294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../294/libs_bin/libcnbpess294.so when searching for -lcnbpess294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpess294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../294/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclapi294.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclapi294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclapi294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../294/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclbjcmd294.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclbjcmd294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclbjcmd294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../294/libs_bin/libcnbpcnclui294.so when searching for -lcnbpcnclui294
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.6.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lcnbpcnclui294
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-2.70-r3/work/cnijfilter-2.70/ip4300/cnijfilter/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-print/cnijfilter-2.70-r3/work/cnijfilter-2.70/ip4300/cnijfilter'

popt (emul-linux-x86-bjdeps) seemed not to be the problem here.

I tried the following suggestion for the cnijfilter ebuild:
Code:
    #use amd64 && export ABI=x86
    #use amd64 && append-flags -L/emul/linux/x86/lib -L/emul/linux/x86/usr/lib -L/usr/lib32

And now it would complain about not finding popt. So I thought that the bjdeps ebuild would probably need the same treatment (you also need the new IUSE):
Code:
IUSE="amd64"

pkg_setup() {
    #export ABI=x86
}

And voila, after re-emerging emul-linux-x86-bjdeps and then cnijfilter, everything compiled fine. I believe you don't have to patch cnijfilter-2.70 for cups-1.5.
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for posting, Small_Penguin. You know, I had thought about hacking emul-linux-x86-bjdeps to use 'multilib_toolchain_setup x86' instead of 'export ABI=x86' but I never quite raised the enthusiasm to try it, as the hacked gutenprint 5.2.8_pre1 ebuild in my post of 27 April got my sorely-needed MP560 printer working again. So I'm glad you went to the trouble of trying it, and that you succeeded.

Actually, the amd64 USE flag is not needed (see the code of the function multilib_toolchain_setup in multilib.eclass), as emul-linux-x86-bjdeps is only for amd64 anyway. So I edited my emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1-r3.ebuild to create emul-linux-x86-bjdeps-0.1-r4.ebuild containing:

Code:
pkg_setup() {
    multilib_toolchain_setup x86
}

instead of:
Code:
pkg_setup() {
    export ABI=x86
}

And now, at last, the cnijfilter-3.20-r1.ebuild (including the patches in my post of 7 May) builds. I'll have to add the updated ebuilds and patches in the Gentoo Bugzilla Bug Report No. 130645 (although I see you've added Comment #137 there). Thank you very much, Small_Penguin and liucougar, for your helpful posts.

I just have one niggling question in the back of my mind: Why do Small_Penguin and I need to replace 'export ABI=x86' with 'multilib_toolchain_setup x86' whereas some other ~amd64 multilib users such as Jallee don't have to? Different versions of sys-apps/portage, perhaps?

Fitzcarraldo's blog
tclover
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: new-new-new ebuilds Reply with quote

So I came after the battle...

I do remember a thing when I started to use Gentoo Linux, I could not print with a canon ip90. Period. I tried to use an ebuild from bgo adapted (cnijifilter:2.70) and at that time, I did not know much about writing ebuilds. It was unbearable to not be able to print a single sheet. When I managed to get something, it was only a test page badly printed.

So, I've just cleaned up and re-cleaned up the ebuild to get something like 1.5 KB for each 3.x0 ebuild without the scanner code or 3.0 KB with it. And a little eclass (~8.0 KB). Everyhting is on bgo and my overlay.

Almost everything can be builded with +gtk +servicetools on amd64 but 2.60 and 2.70. More details and info are on bgo and the commits on github.
necron
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnijfilter-2.80-r1 seems to be segfaulting...

Code:

Call stack:
 *   environment, line 2527:  Called src_compile_pr
 *   environment, line 2540:  Called die

complaining about things like

Code:

../../libs/buftool/buflist.h:38:10: note: expected ‘unsigned char *’ but argument i
s of type ‘char *’

when it tries this build
Code:

[ebuild  N    ] net-print/cnijfilter-2.80-r1  USE="(amd64) mp210 -ip3500 -ip4500 -mp140 -mp520 -mp610 -nocupsdetection -servicetools"

Code:
Portage 2.1.10.49 (default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop, gcc-4.5.3, glibc-2.14.1-r3,                 
 2.6.39-gentoo-r3 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.39-gentoo-r3-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-2520M_CPU_@_2.5                 
0GHz-with-gentoo-2.1
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 19:45:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:          4.2_p20
dev-java/java-config:     2.1.11-r3
dev-lang/python:          2.7.3-r2, 3.2.3
dev-util/cmake:           2.8.7-r5
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.1-r1
sys-apps/openrc:          0.9.8.4::pentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.5
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13, 2.68
sys-devel/automake:       1.9.6-r3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:       2.21.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.5.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.6
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4-r1
sys-devel/make:           3.82-r1
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.1 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.14.1-r3
Repositories: gentoo zugaina gentoo-zh drizzt-overlay proaudio SynCE ardunio pen                 
too
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=core2 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt /usr/share/openvpn/easy-rsa                 
/var/bind /var/lib/hsqldb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/                 
fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5.3/ext-acti                 
ve/ /etc/php/cgi-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5.3/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-                 
rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/splash /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=core2 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles news para                 
llel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-lo                 
gs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="en_US.utf8"
LC_ALL="en_US.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
LINGUAS="en"
MAKEOPTS="-j8"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress                 
--force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/                 
distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/zugaina /var/lib/layman/gentoo-zh /var/lib/laym                 
an/drizzt-overlay /var/lib/layman/pro-audio /var/lib/layman/synce /var/lib/layma                 
n/arduino /var/lib/layman/pentoo"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi alsa amd64 apache2 aterm bash-completion berkdb bluetoot                 
h branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli consolekit cracklib crypt cups cxx daps dbus                 
 dri dts dvd dvdr emboss encode exif fam ffmpeg firefox flac fluxvox fontconfig                 
fortran gdbm gif git gpm gtk hdaps iconv ipv6 jack jpeg lcms ldap libnotify lm_s                 
ensors mad mmx mng modules mp210 mp3 mp4 mpeg mudflap multilib ncurses nls nptl                 
ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf png policykit ppds pppd qt3support qt4 read                 
line sdl session spell sse sse2 ssl startup-notification subversion svg symlink                 
tcpd thinkpad tiff truetype udev udisks unicode upower usb vaapi vim-syntax vorb                 
is wifi wireless wxwidgets x264 xcb xml xorg xulrunner xv xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS=                 
"ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens137                 
1 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio vi                 
a82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare d                 
snoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emu                 
l mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions a                 
lias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_                 
dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex ca                 
che cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter f                 
ile_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic                 
 negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_a                 
lias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon b                 
raindump" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool                 
swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18                 
 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle                 
oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_D                 
EVICES="evdev synaptics keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfont                 
z cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSION                 
S="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" LINGUAS="en" PHP_TARGETS="php5-3" PYTH                 
ON_TARGETS="python3_2 python2_7" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18 ruby19" USERLAND="GNU" VID                 
EO_CARDS="intel" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ips                 
et ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmar                 
k dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_CO                 
MMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_P                 
YTHON

edit: keep in mind that i'm more of a lazy biologist than a hacker
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 16 of 20

Jump to: